Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Taylor-made CVPL Chat Thread!

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,811 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

GinSoaked wrote: »
    I know nothing about celebrities but an arse like that has to be ...
    ... Kanye West.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,337 ✭✭✭Gloomtastic!

If there was only three on the ship, then who did do it? :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,668 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

Surely it was the captain's log?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 16,287 Mod ✭✭✭✭quickbeam

If there was only three on the ship, then who did do it? :eek:

alens.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,156 Mod ✭✭✭✭cdeb

Now, when it comes to really important matters, the "I bet you didn't know that..." thread always gets there first. :)

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=114102405&postcount=5619
    Plenty of evidence of this on youtube! :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭wally79

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=114102405&postcount=5619
    Plenty of evidence of this on youtube! :rolleyes:

I’d guess it’s because advanced cctv systems can presumably see when people make copies of recordings so if you want a sneaky copy you need to use your phone

wally79 wrote: »
    I’d guess it’s because advanced cctv systems can presumably see when people make copies of recordings so if you want a sneaky copy you need to use your phone
    True, most CCTV systems actually prevent unauthorised copying for legal reasons.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,818 ✭✭✭Silent Running

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭GinSoaked

At least the driver won't get Covid-19 provided he stays clear of 5G networks.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,191 ✭✭✭CardBordWindow

m17 wrote: »
    w40wrjD.jpg
    Does anyone know where this is? Reminds me of Lough Ouler in Wicklow.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,655 ✭✭✭✭josip

That's because it is Lough Ouler :D
    I was looking at it (Photoshperes) last night

Right click pic (on a PC) and click "Search for Google Image" - Lough Ouler

GinSoaked wrote: »
    Right click pic (on a PC) and click "Search for Google Image" - Lough Ouler

Why does that not work for me? Is it only on certain browsers? I'm using Firefox.

quickbeam wrote: »
    Why does that not work for me? Is it only on certain browsers? I'm using Firefox.

OK having tested that it I should have said in the brackets using google chrome on a PC :o - it doesn't work that way with Firefox.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,601 ✭✭✭Kat1170

Does anyone know where this is? Reminds me of Lough Ouler in Wicklow.

Turlough Hill lower lake in the upper left corner of pic.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,446 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

But... what if the protesters have a huuuuge fan? :eek:

New Home wrote: »
    But... what if the protesters have a huuuuge fan? :eek:

• Advertisement

anti-vaxxer & flat-earther occupations

I literally know a devout Christian, who believes the Earth is only 4000 years old, who is also an archeologist.

People be strange!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 22,303 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

I literally know a devout Christian, who believes the Earth is only 4000 years old, who is also an archeologist.

How can you pass an archeology exam? Do they think that they were lying on the paper or do they see archeology as a fiction course?

That said I always think it is hypocritical where people pick and choose which parts of the bible they think are real and which are not.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 38,972 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

Pawwed Rig wrote: »
    That said I always think it is hypocritical where people pick and choose which parts of the bible they think are real and which are not.
    There are real bits in it?

How can you pass an archeology exam? Do they think that they were lying on the paper or do they see archeology as a fiction course?

Cognitive dissonance. They just separate their religion from their career.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,359 ✭✭✭✭Professor Moriarty

People be strange!

Carbon dating must cause them terrible cognitive dissonance.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 22,303 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

Cognitive dissonance. They just separate their religion from their career.

But how can you be successful or even enthusiastic about if you think it is all made up? Unless they just like the comfort of the religion but deep down think it is nonsense.
    I had a conversation with someone similar once upon a time and the mental gymnastics they were doing were amazing. I completely lost respect for the girl though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

There are real bits in it?

Based on a true story, just like in the film credits:pac:

It's surprising how much of what's in the bible is true. They have found corroborating histories in the archeology of surrounding civilisations which broadly agrees with the bible stories.

We're lucky to have been able to have the knowledge and science to look into and pull apart the reasons why certain things happen. Their explanations for things happening are just using what knowledge was available at their time.

But how can you be successful or even enthusiastic about if you think it is all made up? Unless they just like the comfort of the religion but deep down think it is nonsense.
    I had a conversation with someone similar once upon a time and the mental gymnastics they were doing were amazing. I completely lost respect for the girl though

Yeah, I think that's it. Mental gymnastics so they can marry their two conflicting beliefs. I said I knew them, I didn't say I had any respect for them :)

I find that many are very selective about which parts of religion they take on board, the need to be seen in church at certain times seems to be high on the agenda.
    As for the rest, very much pick-n-mix and the "fact" that you must believe in something that is spiritually looking after you if you don't then there's something wrong with you!

Anyway, I'll get out of the pulpit now ;)

• Advertisement

I find that many are very selective about which parts of religion they take on board, the need to be seen in church at certain times seems to be high on the agenda.
    As for the rest, very much pick-n-mix and the "fact" that you must believe in something that is spiritually looking after you if you don't then there's something wrong with you!

Anyway, I'll get out of the pulpit now ;)

One of the first people I spoke about religion to when I moved to Ireland described themselves as an "À la carte Catholic".

Advertisement