Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eir broadband for 29.99 for 12 months

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭machalla

For the sake of sanity don't sign up with eir. I had them mess me around for 8 weeks when they installed a new line with a new number instead of porting over the current number. Absolute liars, a disastrous experience only resolved by comreg intervention. I wouldn't use them again if they paid me.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,950 ✭✭✭Eggs For Dinner

Reading this thread, I am comforted to know I'm not all alone. Eir have my sanity nearly destroyed. Stay strong everyone, we'll get through this together

Absolute Cnuts

• Registered Users Posts: 890 ✭✭✭Ultimanemo

gussieg wrote: »
    Eir have reduced their 12 month Broadband and basic landline down to 29.99 for a 12 month contract, reverting to 59.99 after 12 months.
    Is it worth taking on their messing for?
    When it comes to traps, it is easy to get in, difficult to get out

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

It’s easy to sit here and slag off eir as they are so ****

But why isn’t the ceo getting the boot for not doing their job I’d like to know.

Pox run company

• Closed Accounts Posts: 382 ✭✭Giveaway

Not a bargain. You will he accidently overcharged or signed over to new plans. Everytime there is a small change in the contract you get a completely new account. You will spend hours getting nowhere, will be sending registered letters to the company to complain, so comreg can then get involved. And only then will you get the money refunded. I suspect most people give up. I expect this culture is Actually more profitable than dealing with the customer properly . If i could charge my professional fees to eir for my time wasted i would be considerably wealthier.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 815 ✭✭✭animaal

pissed wrote: »
    Wouldn't touch them with a barge pole. Their product is fine but the fun starts when you try to leave. Billing for non return of equipment, early exit penalty even though I was out of contract.

Same.

I found the Eir support people very pleasant, but unable to actually get anything done.

I wasn't impressed when, months after leaving Eir, my application to switch mobile phone provider was denied because of an alleged outstanding charge to Eir. (the charge was completely invalid). It took a loooong time to sort everything out.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,569 ✭✭✭mugsymugsy

Eir were scandalous when I tried to get the number released and I had to go to comreg for them to finally get it released.

Having said that the engineer who called to fix something with my landline was a legend.

It's the systems/process and bureaucracy not the people working for them is the problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 294 ✭✭ltd440

gussieg wrote: »
    Eir have reduced their 12 month Broadband and basic landline down to 29.99 for a 12 month contract, reverting to 59.99 after 12 months.
    Is it worth taking on their messing for?

the simple answer is no .. because trying to leave them is when it gets rough,
    they start to act like a crazy ex, i left eir 6 months ago and im still getting over the trauma :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,417 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

I'm closing this up because its a BA thread, not a rant about eir thread. Plenty of forums for that. Enough advice on here on this stage.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement