Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eir broadband for 29.99 for 12 months

Options
  • 01-02-2019 4:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,081 ✭✭✭

Eir have reduced their 12 month Broadband and basic landline down to 29.99 for a 12 month contract, reverting to 59.99 after 12 months.
    Is it worth taking on their messing for?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24 Junkyard Dog

Absolutely not! Avoid this company like the plague!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,813 ✭✭✭clintondaly

The small print suggests an activation fee of 40 Euro.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,779 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

If they gave me €29.99 I'd still run a mile.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,701 ✭✭✭ablelocks

have to say, I signed up for FTTH fibre bb on Jan 22, everything went very smoothly and no issues (yet anyway, apart from the fool who took out broadband in most of our area when he crashed into a pole Weds morning)

I did sign up instore, so maybe that makes a difference? the guys I met were very good.

thinking about switching my mobile phones to them now - €70 with vodafone or €20 (6 months, then €40) with Eir...on paper it's a no brainer.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,409 ✭✭✭Nomis21

I have been with Eir 3 years. Their customer service is the worst I have ever experienced in 40 years from any company anywhere in the 5 countries I have lived in. But...

Having said that, their Broadband is very good once you have got through the minefield of setting it up, but heaven help you if you ever need to call them for anything!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,728 ✭✭✭Former Former

gussieg wrote: »
    Eir have reduced their 12 month Broadband and basic landline down to 29.99 for a 12 month contract, reverting to 59.99 after 12 months.
    Is it worth taking on their messing for?

I have had it for over a year. It was the first time we'd ever had BB from anyone except Virgin so a guy had to come out to hook it up.

The whole thing, beginning to end, was absolutely seamless and we have never had a day's problem with the actual internet.

• Registered Users Posts: 375 ✭✭oLoonatic

Nomis21 wrote: »
    I have been with Eir 3 years. Their customer service is the worst I have ever experienced in 40 years from any company anywhere in the 5 countries I have lived in. But...

Having said that, their Broadband is very good once you have got through the minefield of setting it up, but heaven help you if you ever need to call them for anything!

I think they'd outsourced their customer service. Have had similar issues with them too. Thankully no longer deal with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,865 ✭✭✭Soarer

Eir can take a long walk off a short pier.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

Be prepared for some annoyance in the setup phase with customer service etc. but I've now had Eir BB since September with no issues.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,744 ✭✭✭Bawnmore

We've been with Eir as long as I can remember. Setup was fine and we rarely have problems with the actual broadband, but God forbid if you ever have a problem that you need sorted . I've spent countless hours on hold and countless visits in store to sort out a minor billing issue. 3 months to sort out - was actually sorted on the Boards.ie Talk To section funnily enough (or at least I'll knoww if it was when I get my next bill).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Worst company on the planet

• Registered Users Posts: 556 ✭✭✭Q&A

I'm sure it's fine once it's connected.... Unfortunately their attempt to do just that last year went horribly wrong. They connected the wrong house - apparently eir dont use eir codes. They told me that's have to cancel the account but took them 6 months to process it. Had great fun cancelling dd's and their multiple attempts at trying to take money. Impossible to contact, eventually sorted when I emailed their press office (good luck finding an email address for anything else) and cc'ing in comreg. Then they tried to charge me for fictitious equipment that they never left because I was never connected. Strange thing is through all of this they now think they owe me money.

My experience with Vodafone customer care has been much better. Now if only sent me a router that works....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 135 ✭✭moonlighting_1

itsatrap.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 8,653 ✭✭✭corks finest

From my experience with the shocking eir customer care- I wouldn't sign with eir again at gunpoint- wouldn't take it for free-range abysmal service/ customer care VF is are fantastic

Absolutely not! Avoid this company like the plague!!
    Absolutely avoid at all costs

If they gave me €29.99 I'd still run a mile.
    I wouldn't sign if I got it for nothing/ serious,I've more pride- complete mess of a customer care, horrible

Q&A wrote: »
    I'm sure it's fine once it's connected.... Unfortunately their attempt to do just that last year went horribly wrong. They connected the wrong house - apparently eir dont use eir codes. They told me that's have to cancel the account but took them 6 months to process it. Had great fun cancelling dd's and their multiple attempts at trying to take money. Impossible to contact, eventually sorted when I emailed their press office (good luck finding an email address for anything else) and cc'ing in comreg. Then they tried to charge me for fictitious equipment that they never left because I was never connected. Strange thing is through all of this they now think they owe me money.

My experience with Vodafone customer care has been much better. Now if only sent me a router that works....
    I'm still getting an email bill from eir- left them over 3 years, contacted customer care( sic) over and over no joy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 111 ✭✭turdball

There Broadband is better quality than Vodafone and Sky on fibre and DSL to be honest.

Id definitely go with them if Virgin is not available

• Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭Kenny Logins

turdball wrote: »
    There Broadband is better quality than Vodafone and Sky on fibre and DSL to be honest.

Better quality how? It's the same lines.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,724 ✭✭✭lertsnim

I didn't realise there was different levels of broadband quality on the same phone line. How does that work?

• Advertisement

lertsnim wrote: »
    I didn't realise there was different levels of broadband quality on the same phone line. How does that work?

Ever seen or been in an exchange.

They backhaul off Eircoms equipment.

Don't believe me? Run some tests with someone who has Vodafone and run tests with someone with EIR in the same area.

Nothing to do with phone lines it's the background configurations each company uses.

Its not just EIR Broadband rebranded as Sky or Vodafone. Why would EIR bother with that like

I'm not saying its five times better or even twice as good or anything like that but has better ping responses to places across the World.
    Average user wouldn't notice to be honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,940 ✭✭✭IrishHomer

Eir fibre cables are laid on my road 6 months ago.

On 1st November an Eir salesman came knocking on my door and he made me aware of the new fibre is now ready and he invited me to sign up. He said I'd have an installation within 5-10 working days.

I'm still waiting and yesterday Eir told me I won't be installed until end April so that would be a 6 month wait yet my neighbours have it.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭Kenny Logins

Nothing to do with phone lines it's the background configurations each company uses.

Its not just EIR Broadband rebranded as Sky or Vodafone. Why would EIR bother with that like

I'm not saying its five times better or even twice as good or anything like that but has better ping responses to places across the World.

I don't know, I seem to get 13-26ms ping fairly consistently with VF. Overall speed isn't anywhere close to what the line should be able to handle though.

I’ve multiple accounts with eir for years and have had no more issue with them than any other company and their prices are generally better.

Have to laugh at people happy to pay more because because in many cases being told by someone else they have very bad customer service.

The bit of dealing I’ve had with 3 has been way worse yet you never see them being slated half as much.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,771 ✭✭✭pissed

Wouldn't touch them with a barge pole. Their product is fine but the fun starts when you try to leave. Billing for non return of equipment, early exit penalty even though I was out of contract.

I don't know, I seem to get 13-26ms ping fairly consistently with VF. Overall speed isn't anywhere close to what the line should be able to handle though.
    I get mine 135 down- 39 mb up VF siro, great service compared to the piss poor eir I had , VF customer care are there ,chat is instant

Ever seen or been in an exchange.

They backhaul off Eircoms equipment.

Don't believe me? Run some tests with someone who has Vodafone and run tests with someone with EIR in the same area.
    I've VF had eir,VF 135 ( download)eir 35 mb Max download, VF cheaper ( siro) no problems, great customer care in fact everything eir hasn't/ if I care I can have 1GB internet via VF

EUR are dire,dire,fire

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 547 ✭✭✭PCDub

I get mine 135 down- 39 mb up VF siro, great service compared to the piss poor eir I had , VF customer care are there ,chat is instant

VF customer here, how do you contact customer services? Have tried website and can’t find chat option. Might see if I can get few Euro off.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement