Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Catalytic converter theft

Options
1101112131416»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,467 ✭✭✭micks_address

Garage reckoned with all the thefts very hard to get one secondhand.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,701 ✭✭✭Cheensbo

Garage reckoned with all the thefts very hard to get one secondhand.

What kind of car is it?

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

I'm guessing Toyota

I'm guessing Toyota

Honda jazz 2007

Honda jazz 2007

Damn.... Was going in my head honda or Toyota....

Look up done deal for crashed or parts.....

• Advertisement

So I’m finding it hard to believe they stole it from the car where it was parked today. Could it have been stolen during the night and you wouldn’t notice it straight away? As soon as car was started this afternoon it sounded like a helicopter. It was fine this morning while driving to work. It’s only couple of km. I went through all our nest camera footage from last night and nothing on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,861 ✭✭✭fancy pigeon

Honda jazz 2007

A work colleague wrote off his Honda Jazz a while back. The yard that took the car in gave him an absurd price for recovery and fed him a pack of lies to keep the car themselves. He wanted it delivered to me as he knew I knew the price of the cat on it, and clearly so did they

Wasn't my battle to fight unfortunately. I'd have fought to get the car back if it was my car in that situation, seeing as I used to work as a scrapman back in the day

So I’m finding it hard to believe they stole it from the car where it was parked today. Could it have been stolen during the night and you wouldn’t notice it straight away? As soon as car was started this afternoon it sounded like a helicopter. It was fine this morning while driving to work. It’s only couple of km. I went through all our nest camera footage from last night and nothing on it.

It would sound like that as soon as it's gone .. these guys travel in 2 to 4 and have it done in 30 seconds or less, to someone walking by, it would look like changing a tyre

It would sound like that as soon as it's gone .. these guys travel in 2 to 4 and have it done in 30 seconds or less, to someone walking by, it would look like changing a tyre

If it was stole from the car park it was pretty brazen. Very open in front of building close to road with lots of footfall in broad daylight

• Advertisement

If it was stole from the car park it was pretty brazen. Very open in front of building close to road with lots of footfall in broad daylight

These tools do not care, sure when do you ever see a Garda patrol..... People are fixed on their phones.

Nobody will get involved or ask questions and when there are 3 or 4 of them with weapons, tools they won't hesitate....

As I said even if someone does see, they will think ah, they have a flat... These guys are quick

If anyone can source a cat from a broken 07 jazz would appreciate it. Hard to justify full price one but the car has only 80k km on it and will run forever

2 guys were kicking in neighbours door, well trying, we had CCTV on ours and it showed 3 people walk by fixed on their phones, none looked.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,075 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

2 guys were kicking in neighbours door, well trying,
    Whoa? :eek: What was happening at your neighbours?

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,972 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

These tools do not care, sure when do you ever see a Garda patrol.....

Why would they care if they were caught, either, they know f-all will happen to them.

Our judges live on a different planet, they don't have to live next to or near the scum they let out onto our streets

Life ain't always empty.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,758 ✭✭✭Comhrá

Six suspected gang members arrested in Co. Clare in catalytic converter theft investigation.

https://www.independent.ie/irish-news/six-suspected-gang-members-arrested-in-catalytic-converter-theft-investigation-40490737.html

Seen that. So interesting enough with ours the insurer is covering cost. No impact to no claims or no excess to be paid. Had to get theft form filled by guards and garage have paperwork to do but thankfully looks like will get the cost covered. We didn’t have no claims bonus protection. Kinda surprised but happy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭begbysback

Seen that. So interesting enough with ours the insurer is covering cost. No impact to no claims or no excess to be paid. Had to get theft form filled by guards and garage have paperwork to do but thankfully looks like will get the cost covered. We didn’t have no claims bonus protection. Kinda surprised but happy
    Which insurer?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,945 ✭✭✭pgj2015

What insurance company are you with?

Aviva
    I suppose the one downside is if we renew with someone else will have to say we had a claim in last year

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81,252 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

More good news, not the brightest bunch....
    The suspect was carrying a list detailing where he had collected 400 catalytic converters worth up to €400,000, based on Garda valuations for stolen convertors.

Gardaí from the Wicklow Detective Unit searched the van and found the haul after the driver was stopped based on a hunch of one of the detectives.

The list the suspect was carrying contained the details of more than 20 people in the Republic who had supplied him with catalytic convertors.
    https://www.irishtimes.com/news/crime-and-law/garda%C3%AD-land-ready-made-list-of-suspects-after-seizing-catalytic-converters-1.4584801

• Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭Fils

Up to €1,000 per cat average must not be a cat left on a Prius.

Advertisement