Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ray D'arcy on RTE Radio 1 **Mod Warning post 1** 27th Jan Forward

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,023 ✭✭✭applehunter

NIMAN wrote: »
    I'm no fan of RD by any stretch of the imagination, but I also hate these g0bsh1tes who arrive to shout at people like this. The same folk who don't want to pay to have water treated and delivered, the same folk who think they are entitled to this and that.

I don't blame RD for taking the half mill, I'd do it myself if my employer offered it to me. Issue should be taken up with the people who keep handing over vast wages to those who work on RTe.

I bet you that woman isn't a great example of a taxpayer either.

What a reasonable man you are. :rolleyes:

Ray Darcy is pontificating every other day about this and that and yet when the cold truth of his words him back in the face he runs for cover.

This is actual justice and you go for the FG politician's response.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,168 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Jez, I don't want to come across as a Ray fan, I think he is a useless presenter who is paid about 450k too much.

But I don't like loud mouths like this woman and fella who think they can just arrive and start shouting abuse at people. Maybe if he wasn't such a tube he might have been able to stand and argue with her but obviously didn't fancy his chances. He was on thin ice to begin with.

I would prefer it was his superiors who seen how useless he was and take appropriate action, rather than scummers trying to make a name for themselves on social media.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,146 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

NIMAN wrote: »
    Jez, I don't want to come across as a Ray fan, I think he is a useless presenter who is paid about 450k too much.

But I don't like loud mouths like this woman and fella who think they can just arrive and start shouting abuse at people. Maybe if he wasn't such a tube he might have been able to stand and argue with her but obviously didn't fancy his chances. He was on thin ice to begin with.

I would prefer it was his superiors who seen how useless he was and take appropriate action, rather than scummers trying to make a name for themselves on social media.

In fairness he was on a hiding to nothing.

He could and should have told her to fork off but then he would be filleted in Redtops.

Scummers trying to make a name on social media is a very apt description.

He was right not to give them the oxygen of exposure and bandwidth time.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,331 ✭✭✭jeremyj1968

"Kathryn Thomas opens up about her wedding and THAT dress"

https://www.rte.ie/lifestyle/fashion/2019/0918/1076764-kathryn-thomas-opens-up-about-her-wedding-and-that-dress/

Fair play to RTE for getting Kathryn to finally "open up" about the details of her wedding. Because we all know how difficult it has been to get her to speak about it, almost like pulling teeth. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,741 ✭✭✭withless

Rather than confront the Rte star at a public event they should have used the proper channels and called RTÉ Reception who can be contacted on (01) 2083111 and ask to be put through to the complaints office!

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 118 ✭✭aodomhnaill

"Kathryn Thomas opens up about her wedding and THAT dress"
    "Kathryn Thomas Requests Interview For Fluff Vanity Piece Which Nobody Gives a Flying F*ck About"

:(

• Registered Users Posts: 938 ✭✭✭Ruraldweller56

I've a funny feeling that many people on here would fully sympathise with the man for saying that he was embarrassed (it was embarrassed, not ashamed) to be Irish if they heard the interview and the context in which he said it.

I'm not one of them. But I think the libs on here slating him right now would change their tune big time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 114 ✭✭Doblin

Darcy is an appallingly bad presenter, it's criminal the amount of money he is being paid, infact I believe that the two men (Willie O''Reilly & Jim Jennings) who organised that paydeal for him should be jailed.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,741 ✭✭✭withless

All you need is neck.

Doblin wrote: »
    Darcy is an appallingly bad presenter, it's criminal the amount of money he is being paid, infact I believe that the two men (Willie O''Reilly & Jim Jennings) who organised that paydeal for him should be jailed.

Is O’Reilly not on a huge pension wedge, sucking pints in Goggins or somewhere else?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

Farcy on about boring guests...holy god the irony of that.

Then he teases us about what he would have for his last meal. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

The great things about not liking a TV show is that you can turn it off.

That's for sure Ray. I do it all the time.

ATNM, Ray must have been reading your Friends thread. He'll be discussing the show after 4. You'll be time enough tuning after 10 past. Nuacht will be at 4.05.

I think Mary Kennedy’s lovely...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,959 ✭✭✭Mena Mitty

I think Mary Kennedy’s lovely...

She spoke about running cross country and sprinting....I was disappointed Ray didn't challenge her to a race.

Mena Mitty wrote: »
    She spoke about running cross country and sprinting....I was disappointed Ray didn't challenge her to a race.

I was disappointed to hear she runs and sprints. I wouldn’t be able to catch her.

Life is a b i t c h

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 118 ✭✭aodomhnaill

had a nauseating 5 minute experience earlier listening to some yank nobody tell the nation about how she was almost brought to tears and subsequently brought to tears several time and in such a state she could not endure the emotion of it all and continue to text a friend about primary school kids out chanting in the yard about climate change action.

if i was a teacher in a yard and i saw some loon looking at kids with a phone in tears I'd be calling the gardaí. she sounded unhinged.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,812 ✭✭✭Addle

Rarely get to listen to the radio during the working day, but had the pleasure of hearing a great dj on the Ray D’Arcy show yesterday... Tom Dunne.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,881 ✭✭✭yosser hughes

What was she referring to when she said, he said, he was 'ashamed to be Irish' does anyone know? I assume it was to do with something he said on air?

What was she referring to when she said, he said, he was 'ashamed to be Irish' does anyone know? I assume it was to do with something he said on air?

I think he said it in relation to the health service, possibly the cervical check scandal.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,888 ✭✭✭glenfieldman

I think he said it in relation to the health service, possibly the cervical check scandal.

I wasnt, it was about Direct provision, he thinks anyone who sneaks into this country should have the right to work

• Advertisement

I wasnt, it was about Direct provision, he thinks anyone who sneaks into this country should have the right to work

I'm pretty sure he has said similar about the health service before though.

He should be more embarrassed about The Saturday Night Show.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

I'm pretty sure he has said similar about the health service before though.

He should be more embarrassed about The Saturday Night Show.

I haven't seen any of TSNS. Is it as bad as last year ?,couldn't see it improving really. Any chance it will be axed again :P.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,491 ✭✭✭✭elperello

I haven't seen any of TSNS. Is it as bad as last year ?,couldn't see it improving really. Any chance it will be axed again :P.

I don't usually watch it but I saw some of the repeat last night.
    Not too bad.
    Give it a look you might be surprised.

I have a new shade of the colour red for you:

"Ray's face having been accosted at the Ploughing"

Her voice “quavering” with rage.... then this imposter mentions ‘Die welt’

Is it it ‘Die’ or ‘Dee’. FFS

Jeebus h Christ how does a tosser like this earn .5 big of taxpayers money.

The mind boggles.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

Selection boxes and chocolate for xmas. In f*cking September.

Pure hairdresser radio. Eh, Brendan?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,442 ✭✭✭ford fiesta

going on about HPV vaccine again

sligojoek wrote: »
    Selection boxes and chocolate for xmas. In f*cking September.

Pure hairdresser radio. Eh, Brendan?

See post 1106 joe.

That kind of sums up the guy.... I’m gobsmacked by his lack of knowledge about anything .And he earns 400k a year...!

Who won the meat raffle down in the pub, what would you do with the Euro millions lotto, that’s his comfort zone..... jeez.... better sign out before I get banned here.

In his comfort zone now, selling coffee.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 808 ✭✭✭amlinopta

Program getting worse if possible, selection boxes in September. His mate Willie O'Reilly gone since the end of 2017 but has left Ray on the pig's back having brought him to Today FM and back to RTE. A sad state of affairs.

"He is now on less than he was when he was in his previous employment [on Today FM] and he is doing radio five days a week and television on a Saturday night," Mr O'Reilly said. "RTÉ has got Ray to our station at less than he was getting elsewhere."

Advertisement