Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ray D'arcy on RTE Radio 1 **Mod Warning post 1** 27th Jan Forward

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,650 ✭✭✭dirkmeister

Ray’s match report from France and Switzerland is a bit different to the game I watched.

He did more than “dip into” Love Island!!

• Registered Users Posts: 43,024 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

He is such a good compliant citizen isn't he

Darcy giving-out about 'tawdry' Love Island (it is), lamenting its existence, and then giving us a full run-down after having evidently watched it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,581 ✭✭✭archfi

Good old Darcy keeping the RTE/ Govt line on the covid shtshow - equating being an 'outlier' on the smoking ban with this absolute joke of ' just another few weeks'
    'I don't mind being an outlier' says an amatuer clown grabbing 400k+ a year throughout the last 15 months while workers are denied getting back to work

The issue is never the issue; the issue is always the revolution.

The Entryism process: 1) Demand access; 2) Demand accommodation; 3) Demand a seat at the table; 4) Demand to run the table; 5) Demand to run the institution; 6) Run the institution to produce more activists and policy until they run it into the ground.

its not meant for old men

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭busunderer

who listens to this guy?
    word is he is paid circa €500k

GTFO

• Registered Users Posts: 16,694 ✭✭✭✭BPKS

archfi wrote: »
    Good old Darcy keeping the RTE/ Govt line on the covid shtshow - equating being an 'outlier' on the smoking ban with this absolute joke of ' just another few weeks'
    'I don't mind being an outlier' says an amatuer clown grabbing 400k+ a year throughout the last 15 months while workers are denied getting back to work

The people who write his pay cheque have gone from making a €20m loss in 2019 to making a profit in 2020 because of Covid and Covid alone.

No wonder he and the rest of his colleagues want to keep banging the same drum.

The sooner the pandemic ends, the quicker the advertising revenue from the HSE/State dries up, the quicker they will have to report from other countries, the quicker they will have to report from proper events like the Olympics, The Euros, the Champions League, Eurovision, the Oscars (instead of the daily dose of bad covid news done from their house or from the studio), the quicker they will have to produce actual content instead of the mind numbing discussion of deaths, and cases, and vaccines, and restrictions.............

No wonder D'Arcy is so content with life as it is at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,213 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Without us having death figures for the last 2 months we might as well assume it's as dangerous as the flu.

Fr Ray D'arcy

• Registered Users Posts: 81,213 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Gambling ads on tv, lol. RTE stop the Saturday evening childrens film every single week to pause for the Lotto draw, you couldn't make up how corrupt that is.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 946 ✭✭✭Bellbottoms

Didn't he have Colm Meany on the time he did a gambling advert (I'm intentionally not mentioning the name of the company).

I do agree with Ray somewhat. Gambling ruins people's lives. But it would be nice if Ray pushed back on gambling promotions on his show.

Anything else is lip service.

Has Ray come from a home where there was drinking and gambling issues?
    He seems unbalanced discussing both matters

what an incredibly boring man

• Registered Users Posts: 33,015 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

busunderer wrote: »
    who listens to this guy?
    word is he is paid circa €500k

GTFO

He's on about €8000 each week.

It really is hard to comprehend, isn't it?

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Nickyc1

Didn't he have Colm Meany on the time he did a gambling advert (I'm intentionally not mentioning the name of the company).

I do agree with Ray somewhat. Gambling ruins people's lives. But it would be nice if Ray pushed back on gambling promotions on his show.

Anything else is lip service.
    When he’s doing his phone ins for the cash draws on his shows he has no problem with gambling. He’s a boring hypocrite

• Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭bossdrum

NIMAN wrote: »
    He's on about €8000 each week.

It really is hard to comprehend, isn't it?

That was when he had the television show as well.
    Surely they can't be paying him that for 1.5 hours per day of radio and i'm not interested in hearing about all the preparation that goes into the show beforehand:rolleyes:

Fr Ray D'arcy

I can't remember who said it, but someone here once said that Ray Darcy is exactly the kind of man who would have become a nagging cleric 50 years ago. Every time I accidentally hear his monologues, I think of that.

pass the revolver

Ray lifts stories from social media, the current story was doing the rounds on Twitter yesterday. great young lads pity they had to encounter Ray.

https://ie.gofundme.com/f/walk-to-the-cliffs-of-moher-for-abacas-and-lucas?qid=82e42ec511df3a4d3095ff65be6ca7f2

• Registered Users Posts: 1,059 ✭✭✭bcklschaps

Breaking bad was very good.

Ray D'Arse y show, not soo much.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,433 ✭✭✭ILikeBoats

Dialysis breaks up your week. Ffs

• Registered Users Posts: 2,043 ✭✭✭Icsics

These 2 find themselves hilarious, very tedious GAA content anytime I hear them

• Registered Users Posts: 19,072 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

D’Arcy excelled himself today

‘Vissscount’. For fork sake!!

Sonny ‘Bonnno’. What is this guys educational record?

Almost .5 mil. €. And the lad comes up with this rubbish

His library probably consists of back issues of Heat.

Jeezzz

D’Arcy excelled himself today

‘Vissscount’. For fork sake!!
    The biscuit or the title?

If the biscuit, that is a legitimate dilemma, and I'd go with pronouncing the -s-, even if only to distinguish from the title, esp. where unclear, e.g. "I could murder a Viscount".

The biscuit or the title?

If the biscuit, that is a legitimate dilemma, and I'd go with pronouncing the -s-, even if only to distinguish from the title, esp. where unclear, e.g. "I could murder a Viscount".

No the title…

The aircraft…

In my whole life I never heard of it being pronounced with the ‘s’

For anything…………… never………..never………..never ever.

Sorry!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,739 ✭✭✭Pelvis Parsley

I always called the biscuit Vy-Count (as in the title, and the aircraft).

I'm not aware of an alternative pronounciation.

I always called the biscuit Vy-Count (as in the title, and the aircraft).

I'm not aware of an alternative pronounciation.

Nobody is Peller, nobody……….. well maybe one…. make that two to include D’Arcy.

J H C….:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 309 ✭✭Rabbit Redux

A couple of days ago he said he'd never give anybody cash as a present in case they'd spend it on something he didn't approve of, i.e. alcohol, gambling etc. For a man who's never hidden his contempt for the Catholic Church and the control it exercised over people's lives, he really doesn't seem to get the fact that his own puritanical views aren't that far removed from the most zealous of Bible thumpers.

Telling a dialysis patient today that her dialysis breaks up the week for her is one of the most asinine things I've ever heard. It's like something Alan Partridge might say. To call him an idiot would be an insult to idiots.

Nobody is Peller, nobody……….. well maybe one…. make that two to include D’Arcy.

J H C….:confused:

You can say either, but there are more than myself and D'arcy in it.

https://www.joe.ie/life-style/pics-the-debate-on-how-to-pronounce-viscount-biscuits-may-finally-have-been-settled-529109

Some people pronounce Bourbon biscuits as 'boor-bon', others say it like the whisky. Similar problems with Nice biscuits. Not sure why the names of biscuits should be so perplexing. Better to be safe and stick to the jammy dodgers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,581 ✭✭✭archfi

Vycount, Boorbon and Niece here:pac:

The issue is never the issue; the issue is always the revolution.

The Entryism process: 1) Demand access; 2) Demand accommodation; 3) Demand a seat at the table; 4) Demand to run the table; 5) Demand to run the institution; 6) Run the institution to produce more activists and policy until they run it into the ground.

Advertisement