Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Micky Jackson in trouble again

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,336 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

Well I don't know about any of you lads but personally I think a grown man sharing a bed with children is disgusting.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,206 ✭✭✭MOR316

buried wrote: »
    People seem to forget the fact, or are plainly unaware of the fact that Jackson, along with his siblings, were viciously beaten as basically near infant children, beaten repeatedly by their own father Joe in order to perform, get greasy famous and make greasy money for the likes of him. That is never mentioned in this sorry $hitshow whatsoever.

Yep. I can't imagine what it's like to be a 9 year old bread winner for your family and been forced to sing in strip clubs.
    I can't imagine what it's like to be so traumatised over your own family bullying you over your appearance all your life, that you ruin your face to the extent he did.
    His skin disease, his lupus, his hair falling out, a burnt scalp, a damaged spine, media making up bizarre stories about you (his own fault, he started it by leaking them himself in the 80s) a level of fame where he couldn't leave his house without being mobbed, adults letting him down as child and teenager, seeing his father shag whatever groupies behind his mum's back and then getting hooked on painkillers and prescription drugs just to sleep...

It's a very sad, ****show of a story...

There's nothing in the way of evidence of wrong doing in the FBI files and court documents, 99% of those who were in his company as kids still defend him to this day as adults and now a court has cleared him again.
    That's good enough for me!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,328 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

What's also not mentioned very often is how he had vitiligo, and what that must have been like for him. In the spotlight of the whole glare of the world, as he went through that. Someone who was very self-conscious from an early age and had been bullied by his father about his looks. A proud black man, who was constantly accused of bleaching his skin, and of not wanting to be black. He conducted himself with dignity throughout everything. The vitiligo was from his father's side of the family, and was confirmed in his autopsy and by several doctors after his death, including an Irish doctor who treated him while he lived here in Ireland. He had other health issues as well like lupus.

Well I don't know about any of you lads but personally I think a grown man sharing a bed with children is disgusting.

Not in favour of it either. I think it's inappropriate...

However, if 99% of those say nothing happened, it was their idea and it was purely innocent with no wrong doing and their parents gave them permission and had access to the room at all times, what can I say?

I still don't agree with it. Over stepping the boundaries

One of them wrote a book about it and said he became like a brother to him so again, I don't know...

• Registered Users Posts: 9,687 ✭✭✭buried

Fair enough. Where do you stand on a grown man beating his own 5 year old son with a leather strap to dance better. Think it would do much psychological damage?

"You have disgraced yourselves again" - W. B. Yeats

• Advertisement

Fair enough. Where do you stand on a grown man beating his own 5 year old son with a leather strap to dance better. Think it would do much psychological damage?

Nah, it's Michael Jackson so it's acceptable.

Just like it's acceptable for the media and people to call him gay, a queer and to mock his mental health issues...Different rules for different people

I watched most of the trial in 2005?.. There was no way he was guilty..

Those lads in LN got what they deserved anyway.. nothing..

I watched most of the trial in 2005?.. There was no way he was guilty..

Those lads in LN got what they deserved anyway.. nothing..

In fairness, I am good pals with someone who thinks he was guilty but, even he acknowledges that the 2005 trial was a money grab. I think most people can acknowledge that.

The prosecution got done over tampering with evidence ffs.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,336 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

MOR316 wrote: »
    Nah, it's Michael Jackson so it's acceptable.

Just like it's acceptable for the media and people to call him gay, a queer and to mock his mental health issues...Different rules for different people

I find both situations disgusting so no need for the suggestion that I think otherwise.

I find both situations disgusting so no need for the suggestion that I think otherwise.

Apologies...

I've just come to the realisation over the last two years that people like to have this holier than thou attitude in society, where we all have to be tolerable of each other, yet it never applied to him.

A mate of mine called him a "black ******" and yet argues against racism and homophobia in today's world :rolleyes:
    I remember an article in The Sun newspaper (could have been NME) in the early 90s, which had him drawn as a caged monkey, with a bucket of bananas ffs. Racist much?

Apologies if I over stepped the mark though. Didn't mean to falsely accuse you of anything ;)
    (Nah seriously, sorry)

• Advertisement

No need for you to make your 'I don't know about you lads' suggestion either G

• Registered Users Posts: 764 ✭✭✭Big Gerry

Not in favour of it either. I think it's inappropriate...

However, if 99% of those say nothing happened, it was their idea and it was purely innocent with no wrong doing and their parents gave them permission and had access to the room at all times, what can I say?

I still don't agree with it. Over stepping the boundaries

One of them wrote a book about it and said he became like a brother to him so again, I don't know...

Some people would argue that he was able to get away with what he did because he had money.

There is a rich "Irish sports star" who has been accused by at least 3 women of sexual assault but to date he has never been charged over any of the rape allegations against him.

It seems if you have money you can make a lot of problems go away.

Big Gerry wrote: »
    Some people would argue that he was able to get away with what he did because he had money.

There is a rich "Irish sports star" who has been accused by at least 3 women of sexual assault but to date he has never been charged over any of the rape allegations against him.

Courts looked through his accounts on both occasions in 1993 and 2005. No evidence of pay offs.
    "He bought them extravagant gifts!"
    He also bought Kobe Byrant a car and Will Smith thousands of original Marvel comic books after meeting them once...Doubt he was trying to "groom" or "pay off" them

1993 settlement was for the civil case, as that was going ahead before the criminal case. Jackson wanted the criminal case to go ahead immediately to clear his name so he settled the civil case for negligence. Two grand juries couldn't find any evidence of wrong doing so the criminal case was dismissed and never went ahead...

Would you like him to be guilty of such crimes?

It's not about money. It's all about who you know and what dirt you can leverage on those you can bring down with you. Jimmy Savile is a prime example of that.

• Registered Users Posts: 764 ✭✭✭Big Gerry

Courts looked through his accounts on both occasions in 1993 and 2005. No evidence of pay offs.
    "He bought them extravagant gifts!"
    He also bought Kobe Byrant a car and Will Smith thousands of original Marvel comic books after meeting them once...Doubt he was trying to "groom" or "pay off" them

1993 settlement was for the civil case, as that was going ahead before the criminal case. Jackson wanted the criminal case to go ahead immediately to clear his name so he settled the civil case for negligence. Two grand juries couldn't find any evidence of wrong doing so the criminal case was dismissed and never went ahead...

Would you like him to be guilty of such crimes?

I don't understand how anyone could pay out Millions if they were innocent ?

He requested that the Judge move the criminal case to be heard first. It was denied twice.
    His legal team advised him at the time to settle, with the exception of one lawyer, who told him it would be stupid to do so. They warned him it could go on for years if he didn't settle the civil case. He also had two friends in his ear, telling to settle it.

Anyways, he settled and members of his legal team and members of the prosecution went on to work together. Go figure...

Not that it makes any difference but, he's on record as to saying it was something he regretted the most and two grand juries dismissed a criminal case as there was no evidence.

Agree though, it does look bad for people who don't know the ins and outs of it

This is a good, short interview with Macaulay Culkin about Michael from back around the 2005 trial.

https://youtube.com/watch?v=dhgJVmW4OIU

Even Gavin Arvizo, one of the accusers admitted that Michael didn't sleep in the bed with him. Michael shared his bed, Gavin slept on the bed, while Michael slept on the floor. But the tabloids created salacious headlines.

Read this please. It's not long.

https://forums.digitalspy.com/discussion/1058771/if-michael-was-innocent-why-did-he-pay-off-his-accuser-in-1993-explained

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,474 ✭✭✭Obvious Desperate Breakfasts

People seem to forget the fact, or are plainly unaware of the fact that Jackson, along with his siblings, were viciously beaten as basically near infant children, beaten repeatedly by their own father Joe in order to perform, get greasy famous and make greasy money for the likes of him. That is never mentioned in this sorry $hitshow whatsoever.

Yes, that was also a bad thing that happened. And you seem to readily believe it. Why that and not the accusations against Jackson?

As for Jackson, if he didn’t want people to think he shared beds with minor boys, he probably shouldn’t have said he. He’s on record as admitting that and whatever about Bashir’s methods, that is a fact. And, as the thought police don’t exist, people will draw their own conclusions from Jackson’s admission and there’s not a thing that can be done that. His supporters need to accept that.

It’s horrific. It’s also no excuse.

Yes, that was also a bad thing that happened. And you seem to readily believe it. Why that and not the accusations against Jackson?

As for Jackson, if he didn’t want people to think he shared beds with minor boys, he probably shouldn’t have said he. He’s on record as admitting that and whatever about Bashir’s methods, that is a fact. And, as the thought police don’t exist, people will draw their own conclusions from Jackson’s admission and there’s not a thing that can be done that. His supporters need to accept that.

Well, his father admitted to it, as have the rest of the family.
    There's no evidence against Michael, that says he did it, in terms of the accusations.

The rest of your post, I agree. He said he did and people will draw their own conclusions. Not everyone is going to be arsed resesrching it which is understandable.

One thing that I don't understand is that he admitted it in 1994 in an interview on American TV. Not fully sure why it was an "OMG" moment with Bashir when he was already on record about it :confused:

• Advertisement

Multiple family members in the Jackson family have stated this is what was going on with that horrid money seeking violent scumbag, including Jermaine who suffered a great portion of it. And none of them looked for greasy money from stating it either, they just wanted the truth to be known. So I would be of the mindset to believe that more than anything else.

There is also one aspect that is often overlooked...

Michael Jackson asked Wade Robson to testify for him in 2005. He asked Wade Robson personally to take the stand and defend him...
    If Michael Jackson abused Wade Robson, why would he ask him, out of everyone he knew, to testify for him in court?

It makes no sense

On a side note, it's nice to be in a non Covid thread for once

Well, his father admitted to it, as have the rest of the family.
    There's no evidence against Michael, that says he did it, in terms of the accusations.

The rest of your post, I agree. He said he did and people will draw their own conclusions. Not everyone is going to be arsed resesrching it which is understandable.

One thing that I don't understand is that he admitted it in 1994 in an interview on American TV. Not fully sure why it was an "OMG" moment with Bashir when he was already on record about it :confused:

I know, it’s all very odd. I think it’s why it holds such fascination as a topic for so many people. Were people really so naive 30 years ago? Even as a standalone fact and if nothing else happened, that is a completely bonkers admission. But sure, look at how docile Robson and Safechuck’s own parents were about the whole thing. I make no bones of thinking that Jackson is guilty but the more I consider their parents, the more disgusted I am with them. I mean, moving with your child to another country and putting pressure on him to be the breadwinner when he’s barely in double digits?

Guilty? Whats he guilty of? Being violently thrown into being a performing circus animal at 5 years of age for nothing but greasy fame and greasy money by his own f**king father. None of which was his fault? Come on lads, we are not dealing with something here that Sherlock Holmes would have to get out of his bed to solve.

I know, it’s all very odd. I think it’s why it holds such fascination as a topic for so many people. Were people really so naive 30 years ago? Even as a standalone fact and if nothing else happened, that is a completely bonkers admission. But sure, look at how docile Robson and Safechuck’s own parents were about the whole thing. I make no bones of thinking that Jackson is guilty but the more I consider their parents, the more disgusted I am with them. I mean, moving with your child to another country and putting pressure on him to be the breadwinner when he’s barely in double digits?

I know you think Jackson is guilty. It's your opinion and that's cool. I was the same before 2019 but, after all I've read, my opinion has obviously done a 180

Agreed about the parents. It was their contradictions in LN that made me wanna research it more and this bull**** that Jackson chased Wade when it was the mother who harrassed Jackson for 4 years straight, in order to get him to meet Wade again and demand he put him into his projects. (He put him in one video but edited him out as he was rubbish)

Guilty? Whats he guilty of? Being violently thrown into being a performing circus animal at 5 years of age for nothing but greasy fame and greasy money by his own f**king father. None of which was his fault? Come on lads, we are not dealing with something here that Sherlock Holmes would have to get out of his bed to solve.

Yes, I consider him to be. Why would that bother you? Seriously? He got his acquittal (in one case). Outside of that, you can’t control what people think of him.

I know you think Jackson is guilty. It's your opinion and that's cool. I was the same before 2019 but, after all I've read, my opinion has obviously done a 180

Agreed about the parents. It was their contradictions in LN that made me wanna research it more and this bull**** that Jackson chased Wade when it was the mother who harrassed Jackson for 4 years straight, in order to get him to meet Wade again and demand he put him into his projects. (He put him in one video but edited him out as he was rubbish)

I’ve read plenty and my opinion is unchanged. Please don’t assume people who think he’s guilty are coming from a place of ignorance.

I don’t think the parents’ behaviour is contradictory. Their behaviour would have enabled Jackson. I don’t see a conflict. Docile parents are exactly what you’re looking for.

I’ve read plenty and my opinion is unchanged. Please don’t assume people who think he’s guilty are coming from a place of ignorance.

Never said, suggested or even thought that.
    I only said that I used to believe his guilt but, after everything I've read and researched over the last two years, my opinion changed.

James: "I never told anyone about the abuse until 2013. My family never knew Michael abused me or anyone"
    James' Mother: "I danced when he died in 2009 as he couldn't abuse anymore kids"

It's a pretty big contradiction

Yes, I consider him to be. Why would that bother you? Seriously? He got his acquittal (in one case). Outside of that, you can’t control what people think about him.

It doesn't bother me in the slightest, believe what you want about the lad. I'll believe the facts. The actual facts of his life and how the abuse he suffered in his youth actually resulted in other characters in his later life trying to grab the same greasy money bag accumulated at the start of his abuse ridden life. That alright with ya?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,069 ✭✭✭✭fryup

There is also one aspect that is often overlooked...

Michael Jackson asked Wade Robson to testify for him in 2005. He asked Wade Robson personally to take the stand and defend him...
    If Michael Jackson abused Wade Robson, why would he ask him, out of everyone he knew, to testify for him in court?

It makes no sense

and Wade Robson willing obliged to take the stand to defend Michael Jackson

....but years later with MJ long deceased Robson does the dirty on him, why ?
    cause he's skint and out of spite to the Jackson family who didn't back him for the tribute show in Las Vegas

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement