Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

6n 2019 Ireland v England Build Up Thread

Options
1111213141517»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,669 ✭✭✭who_me

aloooof wrote: »
    I dunno, I remember singing in the game that didn't happen in 2013 as well within the last 10 mins...

Since we both know very well that that game never happened, I don't recall.

(From memory we were shouting in the dying minutes, rather than singing....but then again, that might just have been me screaming myself hoarse. Rugby does bring out the emotional in me...)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭aloooof

who_me wrote: »
    Since we both know very well that that game never happened, I don't recall.

(From memory we were shouting in the dying minutes, rather than singing....but then again, that might just have been me screaming myself hoarse. Rugby does bring out the emotional in me...)

You could be right, the singing may have happened earlier. But besides, if you sing at a game that didn't happen, does anybody hear it?? ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 16,756 ✭✭✭✭Clegg

Just learned that my dad managed to procure a ticket for tomorrow's game.

One ticket.

When the time comes he's going to the cheapest home I can get.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,777 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

Clegg wrote: »
    Just learned that my dad managed to procure a ticket for tomorrow's game.

One ticket.

When the time comes he's going to the cheapest home I can get.

One with no TV so he can't watch any future games.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,745 ✭✭✭✭molloyjh

aloooof wrote: »
    I dunno, I remember singing in the game that didn't happen in 2013 as well within the last 10 mins...

In the last 10 sure. In the last 2? My recollection of that day was that the supporters knew the jig was up when Nige blew for that penalty. The entire mood swung right then. I’m with who_me on the one in November though. That was confidence that had us singing. It felt utterly different.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,438 ✭✭✭kuang1

molloyjh wrote: »
    In the last 10 sure. In the last 2? My recollection of that day was that the supporters knew the jig was up when Nige blew for that penalty. The entire mood swung right then. I’m with who_me on the one in November though. That was confidence that had us singing. It felt utterly different.

So by that metric, we should be singing for the last 57 minutes of today's game. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 688 ✭✭✭fungie

I'm visiting cork for the weekend, can anybody recommend a good pub to watch the match? Maybe one that serves food too.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,143 ✭✭✭munsterlegend

fungie wrote: »
    I'm visiting cork for the weekend, can anybody recommend a good pub to watch the match? Maybe one that serves food too.

Soho on Grand Parade would be a popular place.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Is there still no match thread?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭sullivlo

Stheno wrote: »
    Is there still no match thread?
    Congratulations. You’re our new volunteer.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

sullivlo wrote: »
    Congratulations. You’re our new volunteer.

My match thread standard is not worthy of the honour.

Over to you :D

Thread just finished, I thought I was going to have time but never managed to get on top of the work load this week. Posting abbreviated effort in 5.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,067 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

Anyone know where other than Virgin One this game is being shown?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,199 ✭✭✭troyzer

Anyone know where other than Virgin One this game is being shown?

Probably BBC or ITV.

troyzer wrote: »
    Probably BBC or ITV.

Not on bbc

• Registered Users Posts: 24,745 ✭✭✭✭molloyjh

That Virgin promo was awful.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,150 ✭✭✭how.gareth

It’s on ITV

• Registered Users Posts: 4,407 ✭✭✭Wailin

Itv is not on virgin media though is it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,291 ✭✭✭lbc2019

Wailin wrote: »
    Itv is not on virgin media though is it?

No

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement