Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Application question.

Options
  • 24-01-2019 8:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭

Hi,
    How long should I wait before following up with a telephone inquiry on my pistol application?

Or should I just let it run its course?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,124 ✭✭✭BryanL

I sent an email after 2 months and they'd done nothing until then. That got things moving. Slowly.

• Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭dc99

I know that my references were checked/contacted...

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,465 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

They have 3 months but you could check up after say 6 or so weeks. If your references were checked i'd wait a little longer as it is moving.
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

I'm on just over 2 months...

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭CorkCBR6

I'm waiting on my 2nd.. over three weeks and not even the "we recieved your application" letter.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,134 ✭✭✭alanmc

CorkCBR6 wrote: »
    I'm waiting on my 2nd.. over three weeks and not even the "we recieved your application" letter.

Getting one of these letters seems to be random. I got one with one of my applications. The others were all radio silence for 8-12 weeks.

I never got a letter either. I do always ask for a recipt from the desk, but this time round I was told they do not give receipts anymore....

• Registered Users Posts: 4,772 ✭✭✭meathstevie

CorkCBR6 wrote: »

That means nothing. In the district where I live acknowledgement letters regularly arrive after grant letters and usually within about a month, sometimes less.

• Registered Users Posts: 757 ✭✭✭Uinseann_16

That means nothing. In the district where I live acknowledgement letters regularly arrive after grant letters and usually within about a month, sometimes less.

Those letters seem to be as useful as a chocolate teapot alright:P Got one a week after i got my .308 licence

• Registered Users Posts: 3,072 ✭✭✭cavan shooter

Those letters seem to be as useful as a chocolate teapot alright:P Got one a week after i got my .308 licence

I did a substitution recently and within three days i received the famous letter, as it was telling me I applied for a license and would hear back within 3 months:eek: I rang the station (Supers office) immediately and in fairness I was informed that that letter is standard and as soon as they start with any process its sent. Received the new license the day after for the sub. I think you should always follow up with a phone call especially since after 3 months its classed as a refusal.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭aaakev

Each time i do a sub or a new application i go see the FO and go through it with them to make sure everything is ticked. I know it is but this is more for their benefit so they know it is. I always ask how long its taking at the moment but my applications always come through very quickly.

Last time i did it i arranged to meet him at 10.30pm in the station, we t through the application and he said grand ill do this now because it will only take a few minutes as all is in order. Had the license out a week later

Made a call - was told that all is ok and should have it this week.....we'll see :-)

Just called my local station about my application for my 6.5 barrel. The FO wasn't working today, but the garda I was talking to couldn't find the application on Pulse. Sigh. I have a horrible feeling it's a little bit lost.

It should be on Pulse after 9 weeks, right?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,758 ✭✭✭✭BattleCorp

^^^^
    Could be sitting in a tray waiting to be inputted either.

BattleCorp wrote: »
    ^^^^
    Could be sitting in a tray waiting to be inputted either.

Hope so. I'll see when I get my hands on the FO.

Advertisement