Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is the landlord within their rights to raise the rent by this much?

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,556 ✭✭✭UpTheSlashers

Graham wrote: »
    Mod Note

Folks, too many recent posts falling way beneath an acceptable standard for A & P.

If you're new here, welcome. Please take a minute to familiarise yourself with the forum charter.
    Graham wrote: »
    Mod Note

Folks, too many recent posts falling way beneath an acceptable standard for A & P.

If you're new here, welcome. Please take a minute to familiarise yourself with the forum charter.
    I presume by this you mean, no criticism of LLs allowed. Noted. Good luck.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,651 ✭✭✭✭beauf

gnolan wrote: »
    Appreciate that @Subutai. I've obviously misunderstood the information provided on citizens information - although I do think it's a little ambiguous. Thanks again.

I would agree its not as simple as it could be.

However I would consider that if you are close to market rate, its locked into these increments. Not that the rent is small, (everything its nuts) but it means the LL is unlikely to sell up, or switch to AirBnB or similar. If your rent was way off the market rent, you'd be at higher risk of the LL looking at alternatives.

Maybe its the straw camel etc. Maybe its some piece of mind.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,684 ✭✭✭✭Samuel T. Cogley

I presume by this you mean, no criticism of LLs allowed. Noted. Good luck.

Yeah LL's control the agenda. We've been the ones pushing through the legislation of late I'm sure.

Advertisement