Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Super easy & quick vanilla cake - a Werewolf recipe

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭Virtanen

Virt has a little mouse hole in the skirting and pops his head out every now and then when he thinks it’s safe.

How I imagine Strawbs, waiting to see if I slip up:

mousethatjackbuilt01.jpg

So what are we doing then? Choosing a target but voting at 8:59?

Only if you agree on a vote for Kolido, since three of us are already there

Virtanen wrote: »
    Pre-munch

Post-munch

Looks like that's three in for Kolido

Strobelight?

I had you and dufff pre munch

So Kolido 3 Virt 3

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 16,287 Mod ✭✭✭✭quickbeam

Need everyone to agree to a time. Most have now, maybe only Kolido who hasn't.

As it's looking like Kolido would be lynched would like to hear his defense before final vote is cast too. His answer to my question of "why is he a villager" was very unsatisfactory. I gave a genuine attempt at a response when Trit asked me it, and when I threw the same question back at him, and asked you and Molly too, everyone game a genuine attempt at an answer, so his flippant one didn't please me. I'd like some sort of defense.

You are one of my surest villagers at the moment (do I have permission to slap you if you turn out to be a wolf?) so would genuinely like your opinion on my ISO conclusions.

Also, still plenty of time for more ISOing if anybody feels in the mood.

• Advertisement

This...
    quickbeam wrote: »
    Need everyone to agree to a time. Most have now, maybe only Kolido who hasn't.

As it's looking like Kolido would be lynched would like to hear his defense before final vote is cast too. His answer to my question of "why is he a villager" was very unsatisfactory. I gave a genuine attempt at a response when Trit asked me it, and when I threw the same question back at him, and asked you and Molly too, everyone game a genuine attempt at an answer, so his flippant one didn't please me. I'd like some sort of defense.

You are one of my surest villagers at the moment (do I have permission to slap you if you turn out to be a wolf?) so would genuinely like your opinion on my ISO conclusions.

Also, still plenty of time for more ISOing if anybody feels in the mood.

... was in reply to this:

I’ll start looking back now. Also making dinner and better at least acknowledge himself for a bit while we eat. Cya around 6ish

I had you and dufff pre munch

So Kolido 3 Virt 3

I know that, I was counting votes for Kolido

QB voted for him before the munch, Molly after

I said Duffman, but I already said I was 50/50 between him and Kolido, so since I was obviosly wrong about Duffy (sorry mate) I've changed over to Kolido

• Registered Users Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

Mod note

Ye can still self declare but Duffman will also comod at 9 if there are any issues. His word is now also law.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,360 ✭✭✭✭Kolido

Sorry I had a meeting earlier that I wasnt expecting so didnt get a chance to post.
    Fwiw I would have gone qb and strawbs

Yes Ive been wrong on a lot so far but I think everyone has. This game has been an uphill struggle since the seer went out first. I dont have any evidence to defend myself but I did push for the no lynch, which I believe was crucial in giving us this chance to win.
    At the end of the day we can have a mislynch, so vote me if ye want, there will be another chance.

• Advertisement

Kolido wrote: »
    Sorry I had a meeting earlier that I wasnt expecting so didnt get a chance to post.
    Fwiw I would have gone qb and strawbs

Yes Ive been wrong on a lot so far but I think everyone has. This game has been an uphill struggle since the seer went out first. I dont have any evidence to defend myself but I did push for the no lynch, which I believe was crucial in giving us this chance to win.
    At the end of the day we can have a mislynch, so vote me if ye want, there will be another chance.

By 'we' you must mean you and your wolf buddy, because the village can't

If that's the best you have to offer then I'd might as well put my vote in now

5 of us left. 3 villagers, 2 wolves.

If we mislynch then it's 2 villagers, 2 wolves = wolf win.

How the hell can we afford a mislynch?

Ah forgot Duffers was munched. Last chance saloon then.

I did push for the no lynch, which I believe was crucial in giving us this chance to win.

Hardly a pioneer of the idea. Your first post after sK proposed it was 9 hours afterwards.

10.30pm-ish
    sKeith wrote: »
    are we allowed to lo lynch, that is the best ting to do tomorrow if we can.

6 left before lynch, we no lynch, 6 left before munch 5 after. with 2 wolves and 3 villagers.
    it increases are odds of properly finding the wolves from 33/66 to 50/50 for last lynch, if we hit wolf, then its another 50/50 for game ending.
    if we don't do no lynch tomorrow then those odds are 33/66 then 25/75.

If there was ever a time to argue for no lynch, its tomorrows lynch.

7.30am-ish
    Morning all, was about to ask the same thing, Sk seems to have done a 180 on me.

The nolynch idea we have to go with tonight, for suggesting that alone, Sk is as village as I can see right now.

Ah forgot Duffers was munched. Last chance saloon then.

So, it was your team-mate that put in the kill order then?

quickbeam wrote: »
    Only posts (that Boards' search function has found) where Molly mentions Kolido. Though in her table above she has ticked off that Molly interacted with Kolido and vice versa.

QB, when was the first post by Molly posted? On phone and can only quote your part not all the quotes within.

Yesterday, 19:26

Lynch Kolido and you loose the game.

Are you so sure I'm a wolf that you would risk the game for us?

Dude, I had you as village as you didnt vote last night but now I'm not so sure.

Why say that we can afford a mislynch when a few hours ago you said this?

Dinner time. Gonna turn the poota on as need about ten tabs open at this stage.

I haven't chatted to a lot in the game, doesn't mean I'm in cahoots with them. Avoiding each other is usually a wolf strategy but it doesn't have to be. In fact, interacting could be a great strategy to avoid detection.

But I'm with the nolynch tonight, a mislynch and it's game over.

You said it again here. What made you say, not that long ago, that we could afford a mislynch?

• Advertisement

Morning all. Didnt get a chance to check in last night.

Bit brazen of molly to be wolf giving her input so far.
    The rest of ye havent given much away. Skeith an over helpful vil giving us a cake recipe and getting us drunk?

My bad, was busy yesterday and just skimmed through the thread as it was happening. Here for the rest of the day now though

QB and SK are leaning villager for me, based on how much of the game they unfurled on Day 0. Possible one might be a wolf but I doubt the two wolves would be brazen enough to lead the village like that

Kolido posted first about 6:30am. Virt posted about 4 hours later.

Note the word "brazen" in both their posts. It's like they were discussing a plan of action overnight and who should pocket who but didn't touch base with each other in the morning so made the mistake of both using the "brazen" line to explain their reason.

I discounted Kolido and Virt as a team but now i'm not too sure.

I discounted Kolido and Virt as a team but now i'm not too sure.

meaning if we get Kolido right, i'll be looking at Virt next

Wow, and I though some of my ideas were a stretch

Think about that for a moment, you think we had the foresight to discuss the language used to pocket someone?

@Strawbs
    That’s not entirely true. I put an IF they were a wolf ending to 3 of my bios - Virt, Trit & Kolido. Meaning something about them is boggling me.

I'm having a read through the thread again, and came across the above. Now that we know Trit is good, and I think you're leaning towards Kolido being bad now (sorry if assuming wrong), what do you think now of Virt, the third in the above triumvirate?
    VIRTANEN - 3rd player to post with “I like vanilla ice cream”.
    Next post today @ 20:25 leaning village on QB and Keith. Then adds that one possible for wolf but not the two together.
    Thinks Molly interaction odd.
    Questions if kitten peeked a wolf in Trit (feck knows why) - dodgy post.
    Says they are **** at reading.

Conclusion - not much really. Don’t think Virt is on a team with QB or Keith anyway. Usually have a few names on a list before throwing a gesture towards your teammate.
    TRITIUM - 5th player to post.
    The first to call Molly “mollywolf” is his next post.
    Still on Molly as a wolf.
    Calls her a wolf for third time.
    Doesn’t think 2 wolves in 1st four posters.
    Calls for Kolido, kitten, strawberry and duffman to start posting in order to get reads on them - calling out who was lurking maybe? Kitten cross posts with him(1 min). Reply from kitten which he thanks then no more posts from him for a good while.
    Calls Virts “did kitten peek Trit” post a stretch. Not impressed with Virt.
    Call me out for asking about timing of 1st seer peek.
    Thinks kitten peeked Molly (I don’t).
    Does FFA (me and Molly) thanked by QB.
    Questioning all of my posts.

Conclusion - null to village read based on probing a few people. If they are a wolf, I’d look at Kolido or Duff as teammate due to calling out four players to post more.
    KOLIDO - 9th player to post, thinks Molly is too brazen to be a wolf.
    Questions why Keith is helpful.
    Mentions 25% chance of lynching wolf after munch.
    Asks if we’re doing FFAs
    Thinks there’s an equal chance of wolf in last 4 posters.
    Puts me into good column based on my interactions with kitten does question if double bluff.
    Looking for FFAs again wondering why no one has mentioned them.

Conclusion - I have no read on him at all. If he turns out to be bad, I doubt duffman is bad (and vice versa) based on the post about as much chance of bad in last 4 posters.

You said it again here. What made you say, not that long ago, that we could afford a mislynch?

Yeah I got mixed up, it happens, though in this game it can get you lynched.

So forget what I said earlier, it is the end of the world if ye lynch me.

I'll be voting wolfbeam or wolfshake.

Wow, and I though some of my ideas were a stretch

Think about that for a moment, you think we had the foresight to discuss the language used to pocket someone?

No. You used that language within your Backroom when discussion your plan of action. Without realising, you both used the word brazen on thread.

Assuming Kolido is a wolf (if he's not then it's game over anyway) here's my take on some of his posts, relevant to those still alive today
    Morning all. Didnt get a chance to check in last night.

Bit brazen of molly to be wolf giving her input so far.
    The rest of ye havent given much away. Skeith an over helpful vil giving us a cake recipe and getting us drunk?

First post in the thread. Would he really mention Molly in their first post of they were both wolves
    Your interaction with KK would suggest you're not a wolf but it could be a double bluff.

I'll place you in my good column for the time being.

In response to SM. In a wolf's good books
    What's your read on Duffers, Molly?

As I said this morning, you started the game a bit to gung ho to be a wolf

Asking for an assessment on someone that had only posted twice. Good cover for not ignoring each other, while also not making Molly give too much info, because they couldn't
    I had 2 on my ffa but I guess it wasnt picked up as I had the format wrong.

#FFA

Strawbs
    Trit
    Duffers (tentitive 3rd. Hasnt posted much so slotting him in here)

2/3 are dead villagers.

ISO done on Virtanen. In fairness, there's a lot to commend him on. He was first to agree to sK's no lynch, presses Kolido a few times on why he voted for Trit (this was before there was heat on Kolido), and he pulled Kolido up on his slip (after there was heat on him), and a few other things that have made me think he's village. Post 360 and 441 are the only ones that stood out for me as possibly suspicious, which I will quote and post separately.

He also was quite eager to lynch Molly yesterday but has totally gone off her, with no explanation (that I can see) and on to Kolido and me.

8 Early Fluff
    104 Then nothing until 10.25am second day, and in response to Molly pulling him up on it, makes excuse for not being on more, and says QB and sK are villager leans, but has a get out of jail that one might be a wolf
    106 Infamous accusation of Trit based on a post of Kitten's in reply to a post of Molly's
    108 Says Trit because he was last one listed in Molly's post, which is true, though the end of Molly's post more stresses that QB is the likely wolf
    116 Admits he read it wrong
    143 Player bio: mostly on the fence, no real conclusions; ffa of molly, strawbs, qb
    150 fluff
    158 Answers sK that he's never been a wolf on Boards before
    164 Seeks clarification to sK's list
    169 Restates his missed FFA
    171 Reply to qb re his misreading and accusation of Trit
    177 barney with sK over him (sK) missing his (Virt's) FFA
    181 barney continues
    191 barney continues
    193 barney continues
    244 clarification to Trit on Strawb's vote for Duffman
    264 Agrees with qb about suspicions growing on sK, his based on his barney
    281 Votes Molly (consistent with FFAs)
    293 Reply to Molly that any group of 4 could contain a wolf
    295 Reply to Strawbs re confusion of sK's copying of voting method
    304 Discussing mechanic of a tied lynch
    310 Reply to sK about the difference in his playing style when villager compared with this game
    327 Comment on vote results
    336 Comment on Trit's role reveal and request to change to rand
    360 Reply to qb defending Kolido re his comment about there being a wolf in group of last 4 posters; wants to know why Kolido voted for Trit
    362 First to agree with sK's idea for no-lynch
    422 Reply to Strawbs wondering if he was around
    427 Agrees with speed-day; shade on qb but contradictions re "pocketing Strawbs" vs "protecting Strabws"
    429 Presses Kolido again for why he voted for Trit
    431 Grammar nazi-ing
    433 Reply to qb re his accusations of her
    439 Stats
    441 Concerned about surviving the next lynch
    446 Again, pushing for speed day
    451 Again, pushing for speed day
    455 Votes no-lynch
    484 Thinks either Kolido or Duffman is one wolf and qb another; thinks qb is bussing fellow wolf
    484 no lynch mechanics
    491 Again, pushing for speed day
    493 Clarification to Molly
    504 Reply to qb re ballsy move for two wolves to vote together; again, pushing for speed day
    518 Does not want qb to lead sK's plan
    522 Comment re announcement (Kitten's no lynch announcement? Not sure)
    543 Reply to Strawbs, doesn't want to reveal prior to munch but will reveal at 3.59
    544 period
    546 Reply to Strawbs re names / strategies
    548 3.59 as promised, qb and duff; first to post too
    554 qb and kolido wolf team; queries strawbs on why she suspects him
    556 options re lynching
    559 Reply to Strawbs re reasons why she suspects him (being calm)
    563 Confirmation he'll be around at 8.59
    571 Quotes those about to lynch kolido
    572 fluff
    574 confirming voting for kolido
    579 clarification reply to strawbs
    582 Pulls kolido up on his slip re villager lynch /= game over for villagers
    595 Reply to Strawbs re "brazen"

• Advertisement

Post 360 defending Kolido:
    Proves absolutely nothing about Kolido IMO, what he said is true based on the conjecture that, according to probability, there's a wolf in the top 5. The same could be said for any random grouping of players

What I'd like to know is why Kolido voted for Trit. He's been mostly absent all day and had provided very little reasoning for his vote

Post 441 where he seemed more concerned about personally surviving the lynch than the chance of catching a wolf.
    Oh yeah, I saw that alright, my numbers are just the odds of surviving the next lynch

Advertisement