Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Car bomb has exploded in Derry City Centre

Options
1202122232426»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,418 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

Again, which bit of

did you not understand.

It is particularly relevant to people in Ireland, which is why I comment on it, on an Irish forum. You attempting to close down any criticism of it makes it look like you have an agenda tbh. Do you?

Not in the slightest, i find your barstool republican anti everything British rants very amusing! I hope you keep posting for a long time to come, you're comedy gold :D

• Registered Users Posts: 67,021 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

Not in the slightest, i find your barstool republican anti everything British rants very amusing! I hope you keep posting for a long time to come, you're comedy gold :D

Good stuff.

Perhaps you could show some evidence for this 'anti-British' EVERYTHING view of me you have?

Plenty of threads on British topics here, can you show me an opinion outside of politics and the expression of a particular imperialistic, arrogant beligerence in their soccer fans (Which I admit I hate) that shows I am 'anti EVERYTHING British'? or is this just another redtop sensational headline?

I will not reply to anymore of your generalisations (intended to divert) until you present some actual evidence of me 'hating EVERYTHING British'.

The need of the little Englander to see any criticism of it as 'hate' has been what is bizarre.
    'The French hate us, The Germans hate us, the Poles hate us, the Scots here us....etc etc etc.

I’m 5’8”, not that little ☹️

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭Wheres Me Jumper?

in fairness to frankie his postings have given us hours of amusement.

i particularily love his wild predictions, on everything from rugby, GAA to politics.
    i actually believe a person could make good returns by popping into Paddy Power and backing the opposite of his opinions, such has been their inaccuracy.

with regards to this Brexit nonsense, anybody who would claim to know what's about to happen is a brave & foolish person imho.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,465 ✭✭✭Badly Drunk Boy

janfebmar wrote: »
    Varadkar sneering remark directed at the British (after the other "special place in hell" remark)...
    I'm not a fan of Varadkar, but what he said then was that Tusk would get "terrible trouble from the British press". Ooooh!! That's really sneering at the British! He just made an accurate prediction about Tusk's comment. And about the British press, not the British people.

• Advertisement

I'm not a fan of Varadkar, but what he said then was that Tusk would get "terrible trouble from the British press". Ooooh!! That's really sneering at the British! He just made an accurate prediction about Tusk's comment. And about the British press, not the British people.

i agree he did nothing untoward, but he did smirk. and him half-Indian! big deal.

the UK Govt. is having to come to terms with its' place in the world, and for some of those on the right of the Tory party, it's proving to be a painful (but highly amusing) lesson. shame the stakes for us are so high, and then we really could enjoy it!

for centuries Paddy did what he was told by his 'betters'. now Paddy has them by the short 'n curlies

It just goes to show how a certain type of Irish person is so desperate. Varadkar making a statement of the obvious 'I am the EU', is also somehow sinister and arrogant. :D

It just goes to show how a certain type of Irish person is so desperate. Varadkar making a statement of the obvious 'I am the EU', is also somehow sinister and arrogant. :D

in fairness though he "is NOT really the EU" and i dont think that is what he said.

What the British miss about the true meaning of a 'union' is that it made up of all it's constituent members and therefore it is quite correct and not arrogant to say 'I am the EU' in the context he was saying it.

There is a great conspiracy theory that 'de Germans' are the EU spread mainly by the very same people who have paralysed the HOC, and it is as wrong as the 'this will be the easiest trade deal ever' stuff.

What the British miss about the true meaning of a 'union' is that it made up of all it's constituent members and therefore it is quite correct and not arrogant to say 'I am the EU' in the context he was saying it.

There is a great conspiracy theory that 'de Germans' are the EU spread mainly by the very same people who have paralysed the HOC, and it is as wrong as the 'this will be the easiest trade deal ever' stuff.

no frankie you are WRONG again.
    he is not "the EU". he is simply a representative of one member of 28 constituent members of the EU.

• Advertisement

no frankie you are WRONG again.
    he is not "the EU". he is simply a representative of one member of 28 constituent members of the EU.

Yes. And when the uneducated refer to 'the EU' imposing it's will on Ireland, as if it was separate to Ireland, it is correct and not arrogant to remind/educate them, that you are the EU.

Context my dear, is everything.

Yes. And when the uneducated refer to 'the EU' imposing it's will on Ireland, as if it was separate to Ireland, it is correct and not arrogant to remind/educate them, that you are the EU.

Context my dear, is everything.

i think it is symptomatic of just how inflated and jumped up Verukar has become, that he thinks he is the EU.
    and from our history we all know what happen to inflated wee men.:D

apparently he now has become best-buddies with Trump if we are to believe RTE1.:o

i think it is symptomatic of just how inflated and jumped up Verukar has become, that he thinks he is the EU.
    and from our history we all know what happen to inflated wee men.:D

apparently he now has become best-buddies with Trump if we are to believe RTE1.:o

As every single Taoiseach we have had, has become with the current POTUS on the St. Patrick's Day visit. :rolleyes:

Again I point out: If the silly comment is: We are being dictated to by the EU, (or comments to that effect) it is correct and right to point out that you are the EU.

If you wish to leave the EU and go against it, then you are NOT the EU in the negotiations.

This is simple enough stuff to grasp. It has also been pointed out to many posters with ludicrous conspiracy theories on the Brexit threads here and not by fans of Varadkar.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,791 ✭✭✭BalcombeSt4

janfebmar wrote: »
    Varadkar sneering remark directed at the British (after the other "special place in hell" remark) and his insistence at the backstop shows how much he respects unionists, the majority in N.I. . If there was a Brexit with a backstop, as said before it brings a whole raft of very real new Dublin political power over NI, because of NI having EU regulations without representation, while Dublin would be there in Brussels. Under the backstop, Dublin would be the place where the real decision-making over European issues affecting N Ireland would happen. Now for unionists, Dublin not respecting either UK sovereignty or unionist people in N Ireland, and acting in a partisan pro-nationalist way, is an extremely touchy issue - so I can understand why that would be really incendiary to them. I think Varadkar has behaved unreasonably and rudely towards our biggest trading partner (the UK is the jurisdiction which is the biggest supplier of our imports, 2nd biggest customer for exports, biggest source of our tourists).

So? Irish people in N.I had to put up with crap for 68 years from the Unionists, maybe all that bad karma is coming back to bite them.
    Yea Leo is a jackass but it's not like any MP's, PM's or Ministers in Britain have never said anything "rude" to put it lightley about Southern Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

God save the Queen. (Of copy and paste)

dunno know about everybody else but my frickin brain is frazzled with this Brexit nonsense. i was following it upto Wed nite, but it's just become too convoluted and manic to be bothered with anymore. doubtless some will argue that i never had a full understanding of it, and you may well be correct.

it now resembles Fawlty Towers, Dad's Army, Some Mothers do 'ave them, Benny Hill all thrown into one farcical badly made show. but without the laughs.

Tusk was spot on.
    but ironically the HoC has created it's "own special place in hell".

• Registered Users Posts: 9,276 ✭✭✭cgcsb

Will contact my MEP and insist on no extension. Can't cope with them anymore.

cgcsb wrote: »
    Will contact my MEP and insist on no extension. Can't cope with them anymore.

Ooh, that’ll sort it then

• Site Banned Posts: 160 ✭✭dermo888

Most of the English public don't know about Northern Ireland, and the Tories, the traditional enemy of the Irish people, can't find the border. Lets be blunt and be direct with the Unionists. The British don't care about you. The Labour Party hates you. The Tories barely tolerate you. Maybe its time you copped yourselves on and joined people who actually DO give a damn about you.

What good is a Unionist community waving Union Jacks on council estates when they've condemned themselves to their own demise and their own poverty. Thats not loyalism. Its insanity, pure and simple.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,424 ✭✭✭janfebmar

dermo888 wrote: »
    Most of the English public don't know about Northern Ireland, and the Tories, the traditional enemy of the Irish people, can't find the border. Lets be blunt and be direct with the Unionists. The British don't care about you. The Labour Party hates you. The Tories barely tolerate you. Maybe its time you copped yourselves on and joined people who actually DO give a damn about you.
    I think they would be of the opinion that the track record shows they would prefer trust the British government than Republicans.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,898 ✭✭✭✭Ken.

Mod- Don't know how this has slipped under the radar. This is now a political thread about brexit. There are any number of them in the politics forums.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement