Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Time Travelers

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭Vinculus

I'm starving, I haven't eaten anything since tomorrow afternoon.

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭Ferajacka

There was a fair few time traveling threads on boards in 2025, of course back then boards was renamed to postplace.

It called boards again now. No one liked postplace.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,843 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

The Lotto was setup to trap time travellers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭Wheres Me Jumper?

9e53976e9ab7c88194f19961dd229e31--gypsy-witch-fortune-telling.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 11,206 ✭✭✭✭RMAOK

The Lotto was setup to trap time travellers.

Gray's sports almanac was another trap.....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

• Registered Users Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭magic_murph

Tiguan Joe wrote: »
    I've been watching a lot of videos on youtube from time travelers.Don't remember seeing any time travelers on boards but then again i'm newish enough to boards.
    Has there ever been any posters claiming to be time travelers on boards.ie ?
    Also If time travel were possible where would you choose to go ? I'd like to go far into the future to see all the newest technology and to meet the aliens.

I'd go back to a time where this post didn't exist.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,852 ✭✭✭Steve F

One question
    Why oh why do they need to blur out the faces or alter their voices??
    It's laughable the ****e some people will believe
    Anyway...gotta go I'm meeting Elvis for Coffee

• Registered Users Posts: 2,375 ✭✭✭Sin City

Chesty08 wrote: »

See this time travelling makes no sense
    Just by coming back (If it was real ) he would have changed his own future reality

If it was possible it would create an alternate timeline to the one we are experiencing and he is experiencing

For example if someone killed Yolanda she could not be president etc

It also counter acts the grandfather paradox - if you went back in time to kill your grandfather you would just start a new timeline from the day you kill him not cease to exist

• Registered Users Posts: 18,502 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

The thing is time travel is obviously impossible.

If it were at least one unscrupulous time traveller would have come back and revealed the truth that it was possible.

Humans are like that, always one lad that ****s thing up because he can.

• Advertisement

Steve F wrote: »
    One question
    Why oh why do they need to blur out the faces or alter their voices??
    It's laughable the ****e some people will believe
    Anyway...gotta go I'm meeting Elvis for Coffee

In case his future parents see him and decide not to conceive
    Ah hes born in December - ok abort :D

_Brian wrote: »

If it were at least one unscrupulous time traveller would have come back and revealed the truth that it was possible.

Surely wed have a quantum leap sort of time traveller
    Putting right what once went wrong etc

• Registered Users Posts: 29,294 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

When you manage to gô back to 1955 OP remember

Take a film camera or analogue camera not a digitale one.
    Don 't take An electric guitar.
    Don't play heavy metal on stage at the dance Hall.

Remember to hide the DeLorean. Actually OP gô to Models forum under recreation and hobbies here on boards to see what a time travelling DeLorean Looks like.

Good luck

Most importantly, dont let your future mother fall for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,502 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

Sin City wrote: »
    Surely wed have a quantum leap sort of time traveller
    Putting right what once went wrong etc

No, straight off Bono and Trump disprove that idea.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,754 ✭✭✭Deebles McBeebles

Very disappointed that this isn't a thread about the sketch from The Savage Eye.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

BeerWolf wrote: »
    Omg another travellers thread...! :pac:

I know, it’s becoming a joke. That’s one this week, another three next week and seven more in the next six months.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,538 ✭✭✭Seanachai

If you watch pre-recorded video are you just watching pixels re-arranged on a screen or is your consciousness actually time-travelling to that location? Is recording something basically encrypting a moment in time that can be revisited?

I am stone cold sober btw :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C6LRx5Z8QiA&t=113s

• Registered Users Posts: 2,538 ✭✭✭Seanachai

If it is possible then it is most likely policed in some way, if somebody came back and their tech failed and they tried to convince us, nobody would buy it, unless maybe they started predicting events with complete accuracy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,852 ✭✭✭Steve F

Yep
    Where are all the Time Travelers at historic events (9/11.Titanic sailing,JFK assasination,Crucifixion)?
    No TT has ever thought to travel to Dallas on November 22 1963 12:29pm and shout "Look at the Six floor window of the Book Depository there's a shooter up there!" Enough to save Kennedys life??

• Registered Users Posts: 40,211 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Seanachai wrote: »
    If it is possible then it is most likely policed in some way, if somebody came back and their tech failed and they tried to convince us, nobody would buy it, unless maybe they started predicting events with complete accuracy.

th?id=OIP._S6Pmr1vElor4EO33RTSXAHaOG&pid=Api&rs=1&p=0

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40,211 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Steve F wrote: »
    Yep
    Where are all the Time Travelers at historic events (9/11.Titanic sailing,JFK assasination,Crucifixion)?
    No TT has ever thought to travel to Dallas on November 22 1963 12:29pm and shout "Look at the Six floor window of the Book Depository there's a shooter up there!" Enough to save Kennedys life??

There is a great science fiction short story about a group that time travels back to 32ad to witness the crucifixion of christ. They start off by walking towards where Pontius Pilate asks the crowd wether he should save Jesus or a criminal. Along the way they notice that all the locals are all in their houses, there are no locals on the streets. when they get to Pontius Pilate they realise that they entire crowd condemning Jesus is actually composed of time travelling tourists. Damned if i can remember the name of it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,277 ✭✭✭Your Face

• Registered Users Posts: 381 ✭✭selephonic

There is a great science fiction short story about a group that time travels back to 32ad to witness the crucifixion of christ. They start off by walking towards where Pontius Pilate asks the crowd wether he should save Jesus or a criminal. Along the way they notice that all the locals are all in their houses, there are no locals on the streets. when they get to Pontius Pilate they realise that they entire crowd condemning Jesus is actually composed of time travelling tourists. Damned if i can remember the name of it.

"Let's go to Golgotha"
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Let%27s_Go_to_Golgotha!

• Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭gargargar

One thing I often thought is that for people who wish to go back in time to their past it could be theoretically possible to fabricate an high quality VR version of a time from your memories and built a version of your past in which you could explore. That would also depend on how good your deep memories are from past events. Obviously you can remember a lot of items by association i.e. perhaps the perfume your girlfriend used to wear can bring back memories which were not obvious from a direct attempt at retrieving memories.

Obviously technology would need to move forward a good deal.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,206 ✭✭✭✭RMAOK

th?id=OIP._S6Pmr1vElor4EO33RTSXAHaOG&pid=Api&rs=1&p=0

Love that film :D

Advertisement