Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Time Travelers

Options
  • 19-01-2019 2:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭

I've been watching a lot of videos on youtube from time travelers.Don't remember seeing any time travelers on boards but then again i'm newish enough to boards.
    Has there ever been any posters claiming to be time travelers on boards.ie ?
    Also If time travel were possible where would you choose to go ? I'd like to go far into the future to see all the newest technology and to meet the aliens.

Comments

Tiguan Joe wrote: »
    I've been watching a lot of videos on youtube from time travelers.Don't remember seeing any time travelers on boards but then again i'm newish enough to boards.
    Also If time travel were possible where would you choose to go ? I'd like to go far into the future to see all the newest technology and to meet the aliens.

I'd wind up the clock.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,043 ✭✭✭martinedwards

we're all time travellers.

forwards

24 hours every day.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,122 ✭✭✭BeerWolf

Omg another travellers thread...! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,206 ✭✭✭✭RMAOK

Would daylight savings time changes be classed as time traveling?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

I met one last week. He tried to sell me a watch in a petrol station car park.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,110 ✭✭✭123balltv

1960's I liked Goodnight Sweetheart :) can't believe the BBC refused to make new series.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,158 ✭✭✭frag420

Il tell you yesterday OP...

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,424 CMod ✭✭✭✭Ten of Swords

• Registered Users Posts: 2,375 ✭✭✭Sin City

If it was possible poor Stephen wouldnt have been sat alone at his party

In 2009, Stephen Hawking ran an experiment that required champagne, balloons, and hors d'oeuvres, to demonstrate that backward time travel probably isn't possible.

It was a time travelers' party — but no one showed. And that was the point.

"I have experimental evidence that time travel is not possible," Hawking told reporters at the Seattle Science Festival in 2012. "I gave a party for time-travelers, but I didn't send out the invitations until after the party. I sat there a long time, but no one came

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭Tiguan Joe

123balltv wrote: »
    1960's I liked Goodnight Sweetheart :) can't believe the BBC refused to make new series.
    Never heard of that series before.I'll have a look for it sounds interesting Thanks !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,370 ✭✭✭Phoebas

BeerWolf wrote: »
    Omg another travellers thread...! :pac:
    That makes 6 threads - including the 3 from next week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 135 ✭✭moonlighting_1

Never heard of that series before.I'll have a look for it sounds interesting Thanks !

Its not that interesting

Rodney from OFAH goes back in time to war torn England to get away from the wife for a bit

• Registered Users Posts: 11,206 ✭✭✭✭RMAOK

Sin City wrote: »
    Its not that interesting

Rodney from OFAH goes back in time to war torn England to get away from the wife for a bit

And he ends up getting another wife from the 1940's

RMAOK wrote: »
    And he ends up getting another wife from the 1940's

Cheating scumbag

Wonder if he ever met 40s wife in 90s reality

• Registered Users Posts: 6,439 ✭✭✭touts

Oh no not this thread. I remember reading about it in history class. It doesn't end well.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,495 ✭✭✭✭eviltwin

I was expecting this to be that rereg and his "joke" again.

Pleasently surprised to see it's an actual thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,751 ✭✭✭Thepoet85

This thread doesn't end well, just saying ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

As it was made in the 90s and involved a guy travelling back to WW2 London, the 1960s reference is a real time distortion.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭Cartroubles

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭mrmoonlight

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭mrmoonlight

Good night sweetheart i love the part where he passes off songs by the Beatles e.c.t as his own, here hes singing his new composition "heaven knows I'm miserable now"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,750 ✭✭✭Avatar MIA

It's possible to view yourself in the past.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,110 ✭✭✭123balltv

As it was made in the 90s and involved a guy travelling back to WW2 London, the 1960s reference is a real time distortion.

The new series now canceled had Gary Sparrow in the 60's

https://youtu.be/1xy3KnqI3so

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

It's possible to view yourself in the past.

Look in a mirror?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,419 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

I don't know about time travellers but there's a fair few space cadets who post regularly alright.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭Wheres Me Jumper?

not another thread slating our ethnic minorities!

i mean how many of these anti-traveller threads do we need ffs?

• Registered Users Posts: 398 ✭✭DanMurphy

Look in a mirror?

Reminds me of the old JB Keane joke about the Kerryman who went to new shop in Caherciveen selling mirrors.
    Came home and told his sister there's a new shop in town selling pictures of our father !
    Putting on her coat, off the sister went to Town.
    On her return, she said she couldn't find the shop, but...there was another one selling pictures of their mother! :D

When you manage to gô back to 1955 OP remember

Take a film camera or analogue camera not a digitale one.
    Don 't take An electric guitar.
    Don't play heavy metal on stage at the dance Hall.

Remember to hide the DeLorean. Actually OP gô to Models forum under recreation and hobbies here on boards to see what a time travelling DeLorean Looks like.

Good luck

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭Muckka

There's a traveller down the road selling wolexes...

They're always ahead of their respective time, timeless, chime less.....

Finesse

Advertisement