Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CZ452 22LR to 17HMR stock inletting

Options
  • 18-01-2019 7:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭

As above, has anybody ever done it? Is it a big job?
    They're both American models.

Nice 22lr stock on eBay at the moment.. would look the park on my 17.

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,450 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

I haven't done it, but i'd imagine if they are identical models within the same year of manufacture that it should only require some work to the mag well.

Once the action screws are the same and no changes to the form of the action screw inlets it should be possible without much work.

Just make sure they are almost if not identical models. The older CZs had an action screw towards the foreend, while the newer models did not. Things like that could trip you up.
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

• Registered Users Posts: 1,791 ✭✭✭LIFFY FISHING

Totally different, I was sold a Cz 425 American stock a few years back...was told it was no problem fitting it on my .17hmr....it was totally different and not just a bit of inletting...the action screws are in completly different places as is the trigger guard screws...I got totally screwd over ...the seller told me after that it was on his .22 & he "thought" it would fit a .17....it didnt...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,033 ✭✭✭clivej

Anything can be done.... If your able.
    I bought a 455 thumb hole stock, heavy 16" barrel. Great accurate rifle. But it was 5oz overweight for benchrest factory sporter comp. A quick call I a picked up an old Brno stock, I mean old. Nothing matched. 1 action screw was at 45 degrees thru the palm grip.
    I cut away whatever timber was in the way and then pillor bedded the action to the stock. It came in 3oz underweight.

Advertisement