Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Conference Championships

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 37,784 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Tom Brady, Tom Terrific, TB12, the GOAT, he is just AWESOME!!!

Another Superbowl, another chance to add to the legacy of Brady, Belichick and Kraft.

And I really hope we win this one because the Rams shouldn't be there.
    The Chiefs really put it up to us and in the end it came down to a coin toss because I truly believe that Mahomes would have driven down the field for a touchdown if they had gotten the ball first in overtime.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,599 ✭✭✭ScrubsfanChris

To quote a Munster Twitter fan account...... "Just another win for the bad guys"

• Registered Users Posts: 17,333 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Gonna kill Dallas Clark to have to praise Brady now.

• Registered Users Posts: 778 ✭✭✭no.8

The most ridiculous rule ever. The Chiefs didn't even have a chance to respond. I hate that rule. Why didn't they change it for the playoffs?

I hope the Rams destroy the Pats.... Although they are fantastic

• Registered Users Posts: 3,159 ✭✭✭el Fenomeno

Imagine, Rams finally make it back to the Superbowl 18 years later....and Brady is still waiting for them :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,776 ✭✭✭Big Pussy Bonpensiero

Feel bad for Big Andy, if there was one person I wanted to see win aside from the Pats it was him. Hopefully his time will come soon. Also, Mahomes is an absolute class act, on and off the pitch.

Foxtrol wrote: »
    Hate that rule of the other team not getting the ball in OT after a touchdown. What a great couple of drives though from both sides. Once the Patriots won the toss you knew it was over.

Congrats Rams and Patriots. People will complain about ref calls in both games but stupidity cost the losers more.

Can't see past the Patriots getting another Super Bowl now.
    It looked to me that alot more penalties were called on the Pat's than the Chiefs anyway.
    Also two Brady interceptions led to losing a TD and giving up a TD, so errors on both sides too.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,333 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

I know people hate the Pats but the amount of amazing games they are involved in is crazy.

Thank fup I don't have to be in to work until 11:30

#HumbleBrag

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,510 ✭✭✭Hazys

That Brady guy is fairly decent

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,923 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

Thank fup I don't have to be in to work until 11:30

#HumbleBrag

After a week of lates and an early finish on Friday I have to be in for near 8. This is gonna be hell.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,784 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

After a week of lates and an early finish on Friday I have to be in for near 8. This is gonna be hell.

Me too. :(

I know people hate the Pats but the amount of amazing games they are involved in is crazy.

Unfortunately they usually come out on the "right side" of them rendering said amazing games as "shít"!

eagle eye wrote: »
    Me too. :(

You're one of them. Sympathy is in short supply.

:P

• Registered Users Posts: 11,101 ✭✭✭✭Foxtrol

It looked to me that alot more penalties were called on the Pat's than the Chiefs anyway.
    Also two Brady interceptions led to losing a TD and giving up a TD, so errors on both sides too.

Really depends on who you're rooting for what you'll see regarding the refs and they are just brought into focus depending on when the calls are made - see the Saint non-PI.

Same goes for errors but I still can't over Dee Ford lining up in the neutral zone though. Wasn't even that he jumped! That Int and the game was done

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,100 Mod ✭✭✭✭Say Your Number

Given the amount of turnover on each team, and the dramatic fluctuation in fortune most teams have from year to year, it's remarkable a team could reach three Superbowls in a row, I get why people hate them, but I enjoy watching them and will probably miss them when Brady/Belichick are gone.

That said I've liked watching the Rams all year and I'd be happy they win it this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,459 ✭✭✭Arthur Daley

Joke defence. Nobody can make any sort of stop for like 15 mins at the critical part of the season. That is Unbelievable.

I'm really looking forward to watching an SB one day where it's fairly* neutral for me.

Last one was SF-Ravens and even then I was definitely on the side of SF, but the result didn't really rile me up.

Since then I've had to contend with...

Us getting walloped by the Seahawks, the Seahawks getting robbed by the evil empire, us beating Carolina, Atlanta throwing it away and then the Eagles last year...

Just for once I'd like to not have a near death experience on every play.

*You know what I mean despite previous statements to say I'm never neutral. Which is true... But ya know... There's grades! :)

Given the amount of turnover on each team, and the dramatic fluctuation in fortune most teams have from year to year, it's remarkable a team could reach three Superbowls in a row, I get why people hate them, but I enjoy watching them and will probably miss them when Brady/Belichick are gone.

That said I've liked watching the Rams all year and I'd be happy they win it this year.

It does help that they get six in-division training games a year to help them.

Joke defence. Nobody can make any sort of stop for like 15 mins at the critical part of the season. That is Unbelievable.

That's pretty harsh. Chiefs D were exhausted from all the long Patriots drives and Mahomes only really got going as he worked through the 2nd half.

A lot of him playing poorly was due to the Patriots but it looked like the general pressure of the game got to him as well. He missed a lot of passes he normally doesn't. Will definitely be a growing experience for him

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 683 ✭✭✭PhuckHugh

[PHP][/PHP]
    PhuckHugh wrote: »
    Rams and Pats to win.

Too easy.

Imagine, Rams finally make it back to the Superbowl 18 years later....and Brady is still waiting for them :eek:

Don't think it will impact Sean McVay too much, he was 16 when that game took place.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,776 ✭✭✭Big Pussy Bonpensiero

It does help that they get six in-division training games a year to help them.

They're winning percentage against teams from the AFCE is marginally worse than their winning percentage against other teams in the AFC, but don't let that stop you ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

A 9 time AFC Conference Champion on his way to his 9th Superbowl. There are no words to explain Tom Brady, even The GOAT doesn't do him justice anymore. 41 years old and the guy plays with a hunger and a will to win that the NFL has never seen before and will never see it again.

That final drive by Brady, the old man of the league, 3 & 9, 3 & 10 and 3 & 10 the Chiefs defense had him where they wanted him but Brady never flinched, fired darts down the field and got the downs when it really mattered. Probably the worst offense I've seen Brady lead into a season for many, many years and their going to the Superbowl again. I certainly never expected it, it's the gift that doesn't stop giving.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,377 ✭✭✭Still Ill

Impossible to sleep after that game and I have to be up in three hours.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,438 ✭✭✭j8wk2feszrnpao

From the game thread:
    That is just ridiculous.
    If they win, it’d be some way to bow out. Yet, win or lose, fully expect Brady back. The guy is an incredible competitor. The GOAT.

Ugh, only got 1 hour of sleep. Still, worth it. 2 great games.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

So going to bed at half time seems like it was the wrong move.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 988 ✭✭✭brendanwalsh

Brady is a savage lads. A phenom. I wanted mahomes to win. He'll be back to the top of the mountain again. But brady is a force we have never witnessed in sports before. I feel sorry for brees. A Duke out with brady would have been amazing.

Advertisement