Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What was the fcuking big deal about the Sopranos?

Options
123457»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭smilerf

Can you name some tv shows you enjoy(ed)?
    don't see why I should so you can pick them apart. Everyone has their own tastes

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,960 ✭✭✭Autecher

I got The Sopranos box set last week. I've never seen it so I'm gonna start on it in the next week.
    If I don't hear some version of the phrase "sleeps with the fishes" at least once per episode I will be disappointed.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,522 ✭✭✭paleoperson

I'm an idiot who knows nothing.
    smilerf wrote: »
    don't see why I should so you can pick them apart. Everyone has their own tastes

I already stated I had no intention of that. It was the furthest thing from my mind.

Don't assume things about others in future please.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭Sonny noggs

Far better than that Games of Throne tripe.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,341 ✭✭✭Bobby Baccala

I bet you don't even hear it when it happens

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭The high horse brigade

I bet you don't even hear it when it happens

It just cuts to black...

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭neirbloom

paw patrol wrote: »
    I didn't know that.

pity cos deadwood was really good.

The first seasons of Carnivale and especially Deadwood are the greatest I've ever watched more so even than The Sopranos which Kind of indulged in the fact that it was a gangster show with the Goodfellas and Godfather references the writers tried to threw in every so often. It really matured in its second season and beyond though.

Actually Oz and Game of Thrones started off excellent but went downhill (GOT more so :() as the seasons went on but The Sopranos was always consistent right up to the end.

:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭smilerf

Fair enough my bad

My favourite show ever is Justified

I also loved
    Gotham
    Bates Motel
    Shameless U. S
    Criminal Minds until it went ****
    SVU
    GOT until the last episode
    Silicon Valley
    Marvel Agents Of Shield

• Registered Users Posts: 15,176 ✭✭✭✭ILoveYourVibes

I dunno was it the sex???

• Registered Users Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭dar_cool

The episode with Tony and Paulie in the snowy forest is possibly my favourite bit of television ever. Bloody brilliant

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,176 ✭✭✭✭ILoveYourVibes

Maybe it was the likeable roguish characters??

• Registered Users Posts: 28,420 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

dar_cool wrote: »
    The episode with Tony and Paulie in the snowy forest is possibly my favourite bit of television ever. Bloody brilliant

Chris and Paulie

• Registered Users Posts: 983 ✭✭✭einn32

dar_cool wrote: »

The pine barrens! Eating ketchup sachets in the van! Tony said he was an interior decorator....but his place looked sh1t! It was one of the best episodes. Steve Buscemi directed it. It added to Chris and Paulies issues. In later episodes they often argued about the event and who was at fault.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭orourkeda1977

Shred wrote: »
    Hey listen, BB is a very, very close second for me. But I don't agree there's a lack of WTF moments; there's
    Ralfie with the young stipper and how his arc ends, Janice & Richie, Tony killing Christopher, the fight between Tony and Bobby to name just a few off the top of my head and each one was earned

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

Chris and Paulie

Okay, don't get c**ty

• Registered Users Posts: 28,420 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

Class

481807.png

Advertisement