Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Leinster v Toulouse - RDS - 12th Jan

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,798 ✭✭✭CMcsporty

The forwards and Ringrose have been immense!

Ringrose, Furlong & Ryan are never ever anything below immense!

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 8,140 ✭✭✭fitz

So impressive with the players we have missing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

lawred2 wrote: »
    Can't see the value of having someone so partisan like Heaslip commenting

Nice vision and thinking for that final try
    Ferris was equally as bad when Ulster played Scarlets recently.
    Fans should sit in the stands.

That Medard kick sums him up, waste of a jersey today.

• Registered Users Posts: 943 ✭✭✭Vinnie222

OldRio wrote: »
    Ruddock has been brilliant.
    Everywhere on the pitch

Great performance , only Sexton was missed today

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,369 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

Commentators curse naming Ringer MOTM, his arm seems to be banjoed.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭A-Train

Now that was a match! Great performance

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,722 ✭✭✭✭Squidgy Black

Larbre34 wrote: »
    Commentators curse naming Ringer MOTM, his arm seems to be banjoed.

Shíte. Would be a massive blow if he's out injured.

What was Ruddock saying to the ref at the end?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,542 ✭✭✭dublinman1990

Toulouse get one consolation try in to finish it at 29-13.

Well done Leinster. What a great game.

• Advertisement

Shaking hands without issue anyway. Hopefully he's ok

• Registered Users Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭Quint2010

Cullen looking at the table there

• Registered Users Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭mangobob

Seems grand there at the end

Ha Ruddock's accent is mad.
    Reminds me of a fella from Wales that played rugby in Cork for years.

What was Ruddock saying to the ref at the end?

I think he wanted the try to be checked.
    Might have been dodgy given Kolbe wanted to kick it quickly.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,258 ✭✭✭✭Buer

Kearney, McFadden, Henshaw, Tomane, Lowe, Sexton, JGP, Deegan, Leavy, SOB, Toner, Molony, Porter, Tracy, McGrath.

That's the Leinster side that didn't start today, 10 of whom were unavailable for selection.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 733 ✭✭✭durthacht

Vinnie222 wrote: »
    No just been honest . He looks average today bar that kick
    He hasn’t played well. We’re missing Sexton.

Well Ruddock and Heaslip have just been praising Byrne, and Heaslip said that he showed great control of the match at fly half.

I have no idea what on earth you guys think he did wrong.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭durkadurka

Does a draw next week guarantee us a home qf? Assuming Munster don’t run in about 10 tries

• Registered Users Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭mangobob

mangobob wrote: »
    Can home advantage and the traditional french flakiness when playing away mitigate all of these factors? I just don't see it. I think going on form and looking at those two teams, Toulouse should be favourites. I think a 1 point win would be a fantastic result for us, however I think that we might be battling for a LBP by the end.

As I was saying, never in doubt.

That for me is one of the most impressive results and performances I have seen in a long time from Leinster, given that we were missing so many key players. The depth is real.

• Registered Users Posts: 943 ✭✭✭Vinnie222

durthacht wrote: »
    Well Ruddock and Heaslip have just been praising Byrne, and Heaslip said that he showed great control of the match at fly half.

I have no idea what on earth you guys think he did wrong.

Im not saying he had a bad game , just saying today was his chance and he played ok at best

• Registered Users Posts: 24,258 ✭✭✭✭Buer

Byrne was decent. He attacked the line well in the first half and kicked well. Made a couple of sloppy errors, the pop to Ringrose and a botched wrap around standing out.

But a huge amount went through him and he kept calm and his team moving down the pitch. Lovely kick to score the critical try. He'll benefit hugely from today.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,798 ✭✭✭CMcsporty

D'Arcy!! he looks hideous wearing that yoke around his neck!

They replayed Dave Kearney's try there on Channel 4. It's just fabulous stuff when coming up in the air. That's one of my try highlights from today's game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,854 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

CMcsporty wrote: »
    D'Arcy!! he looks hideous wearing that yoke around his neck!

He must’ve thought the venue was the North Pole not the balmy RDS

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,491 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

He must’ve thought the venue was the North Pole not the balmy RDS

Love how the three lads have scarves, but presenter is grand

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,223 ✭✭✭✭Clegg

Given the amount of experience and quality missing in their backline Leinster needed players to step up today. Ringrose did that. He's a leader anyway, but he took on the ownership of the backline and acted as a creative distributor as well as a linebreaking threat.

He's the complete outside centre. Just world class.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭alwald

This game has been in the back of my mind, and I am sure in the back of the minds of the players, coaching staff and other Leinster fans, since the defeat against Toulouse few months ago.

Leinster had to show up, there was no buts of ifs...the win was mandatory to qualify to the next round with a home quarter final, but more so to regain that confidence that Leinster had last year. A number of key players were missing due to injuries, but just like other team sports, the coaching staff must utilise their full squad fully and have confidence in every single player, no matter who is available and who's not.

What a game, what a performance and what a huge boost this win is for Leinster. I must say that today's performance is far superior than most performances of last year. Every single player showed up and that fills me with confidence, as a Leinster fan, that this team can be the first to win a 5th star this year. Go on Leinster.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,718 ✭✭✭✭thebaz

great performance from leinster - everyone - Ross Byrne, Cronin, Ringrose, Ruddock, Conan, Gibson Parke to name a few who totally stepped up.

On a side note as someone who grew up admiring the brilliance of French attack and back play , how terrible it is to watch them just resort to grunt rugby in the professional era , no flair , poor passing , its now the Irish and New Zealand who play rugby the right way , the old French way.

Have any updates come up for McGrath's injury?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,363 ✭✭✭✭Del.Monte

Anybody know who was MOTM? :)

Del.Monte wrote: »
    Anybody know who was MOTM? :)
    Ringrose

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,223 ✭✭✭✭Clegg

thebaz wrote: »
    great performance from leinster - everyone - Ross Byrne, Cronin, Ringrose, Ruddock, Conan, Gibson Parke to name a few who totally stepped up.

On a side note as someone who grew up admiring the brilliance of French attack and back play , how terrible it is to watch them just resort to grunt rugby in the professional era , no flair , poor passing , its now the Irish and New Zealand who play rugby the right way , the old French way.
    Toulouse were poor in everything but defence. And even that fell away after half time. Their phase attack was especially bad. They've some excellent backs that they appear to be relying on to get that initial break and offload. That's when they're dangerous. They looked poorly coached today.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

That was a cracking game to be at:)

Freaking cold though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,247 ✭✭✭✭Losty Dublin

thebaz wrote: »

But French teams can still do all of the old razzmatazz stuff. What stops it today is that their season is so long and so conjested with games that their players are all permanently tired and unable to dominate games as they once did in days of old. When they can get on top of a game and be in control, they'll still do amazing stuff; don't you remember Super Saturday 2015?

So good to have a big game in the Rds again. Amazing atmosphere

• Registered Users Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭realhorrorshow

Clegg wrote: »
    Given the amount of experience and quality missing in their backline Leinster needed players to step up today. Ringrose did that. He's a leader anyway, but he took on the ownership of the backline and acted as a creative distributor as well as a linebreaking threat.

He's the complete outside centre. Just world class.

Probably the best I've seen him play, he was incredible in all aspects.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,219 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

They replayed Dave Kearney's try there on Channel 4. It's just fabulous stuff when coming up in the air. That's one of my try highlights from today's game.

that was a great try

interesting situation from the rules point of view as he was tackled in the air

• Registered Users Posts: 11,790 ✭✭✭✭Burkie1203

Luke has a knee injury. Didnt look good. Hoping for best fear worst

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,291 ✭✭✭lbc2019

Stheno wrote: »
    That was a cracking game to be at:)

Freaking cold though

I had to have a hot whiskey for medicinal purposes!!!

Great performance from the young Leinster Lions! Very impressed

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,201 ✭✭✭troyzer

Great win.

But McGrath's injury and Toulouse's half arsed attitude takes away from it a little bit.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,750 ✭✭✭degsie

Totally agree, great atmosphere. I was sitting near TLS fans but they went awful quiet in the 2nd half.

degsie wrote: »

Totally agree, great atmosphere. I was sitting near TLS fans but they went awful quiet in the 2nd half.

They were some craic early on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,509 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

troyzer wrote: »

Still are! Couldn't get them off the booze right now if you tried.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

French fans tend to be good Craic were the lads in leopardskin suits Toulouse?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,718 ✭✭✭✭thebaz

But French teams can still do all of the old razzmatazz stuff. What stops it today is that their season is so long and so conjested with games that their players are all permanently tired and unable to dominate games as they once did in days of old.

well its a long time since I have seen French brilliance , and a lot has to do with the punishing season you speak of - I was all for Professionalism , but think it has been managed poorly by the French , I never thought I'd see the day the Irish playing more adventrous winning rugby than the French - but it has happened.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,750 ✭✭✭degsie

Naw, they were mainly English. Presume a stag crew.

• Advertisement

degsie wrote: »

Naw, they were mainly English. Presume a stag crew.

Where were they?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,416 ✭✭✭Dave_The_Sheep

South stand, down near the front, just behind/left of the posts.

South stand, down near the front, just behind/left of the posts.

Weird, didn't see them. I was on the other side of the South stand further back. Probably too many heads in the way.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,509 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Weird, didn't see them. I was on the other side of the South stand further back. Probably too many heads in the way.

They were camouflaged. That's why you didn't see them :)

I thought Leinster were outstanding this afternoon, from 1 to 15. It was a privilege to be in the RDS for those few hours earlier.

• Advertisement
Advertisement