Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garmin Vivoactive 3

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,836 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

rushfan wrote: »
    I bought mine there before Xmas for e199.

Was in T2 the other day. They still have them advertised at 199 however they had none in stock :(
    Then she produced an open box one which she said was marked as not pristine on the computer. Couldn't tell me what was wrong with it, it could have been flawed, returned, shop demo.... No idea. Offered it at a measly 10% discount. I offered 150 for it because if I was to spend 180 on something I knew wasn't routine but had no idea what was wrong with it, I would just rather spend the 200 on a perfect one. They wouldn't accept my offer so I walked away empty handed.
    Thought I might get lucky on hols but they are stupid money in Dubai, equivalent of about €300.

Will have to get back on the case when I get home

• Registered Users Posts: 6,191 ✭✭✭DaveyDave

Definitely recommend keeping an eye on Amazon for things like this. I got a "used" brand new in box Vivosport for €100, usual price is €180 I believe. Not the same product, sure, but these kind of things are usually on sale or cheap especially when there's different colours involved.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,669 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

You'll get them delivered from amazon for €205 for the non music version. Can't see it coming down much from that anytime soon.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

Tried in Jumbo electronics. They only had the music version for 1395. Wouldn’t budge on price but offered to throw me in a free pair of Sony wireless headphones. Already have a couple of pairs of Bose so was no use to me. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭Irreverent

Spotify is now available on the Music version of this watch. Synced a couple of playlists to it and seems to work well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,717 ✭✭✭cronos

Irreverent wrote: »
    Spotify is now available on the Music version of this watch. Synced a couple of playlists to it and seems to work well.

What's the cheapest for the music version?

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭emclau

Sorry to sort of hijack this thread- the strap on mine has just snapped after just over a year. Can anyone recommend a good replacement one? Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭Atlas_IRL

Does anyone know if you can use free spotify with these?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,966 ✭✭✭opus

Atlas_IRL wrote: »
    Does anyone know if you can use free spotify with these?

No you need a premium account, see review here.

• Registered Users Posts: 811 ✭✭✭Rock Paper Scissors

Alright Lads, I just switched to KBC bank and see that they support Garmin Pay.

I am considering buying a vivoactive 3 as its supports garmin pay but am unsure about something:

On the KBC website it says that you can leave you phone at home and pay for stuff with garmin pay via your watch, but how can you use garmin pay without your phone if your watch isnt connected to the internet (the watch doesnt take a sim and the shop you are in might not have wifi)

Can anybody clear this up?

Thanks guys

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 476 ✭✭RunRoryRun

Alright Lads, I just switched to KBC bank and see that they support Garmin Pay.

I am considering buying a vivoactive 3 as its supports garmin pay but am unsure about something:

On the KBC website it says that you can leave you phone at home and pay for stuff with garmin pay via your watch, but how can you use garmin pay without your phone if your watch isnt connected to the internet (the watch doesnt take a sim and the shop you are in might not have wifi)

Can anybody clear this up?

Thanks guys

Your watch acts as a substitute for your bank card. Your bank card doesn't need WiFi /Internet and so neither does the watch.

• Registered Users Posts: 811 ✭✭✭Rock Paper Scissors

RunRoryRun wrote: »
    Your watch acts as a substitute for your bank card. Your bank card doesn't need WiFi /Internet and so neither does the watch.

Thanks for your reply

Its nice to know I can leave the phone at home and use the watch to pay

• Registered Users Posts: 17,669 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Thanks for your reply

Its nice to know I can leave the phone at home and use the watch to pay

Yeah it's handy, if only Bank of Ireland would get the finger out, they're desperate slow to do anything.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 476 ✭✭RunRoryRun

Yeah it's handy, if only Bank of Ireland would get the finger out, they're desperate slow to do anything.

Can't belive that KBC are still the only ones! Holding out hope of AIB or even Revolut.

just back from holidays
    seen the black music version in a shop
    actually not really a fan of the stainless steel look

considering the slate version now, its a bit more expensive, but deffo looks a bit nicer

now also half thinking of getting the music version... lol
    how many tunes does it hold aprox? can you have playlists on it?

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭Irreverent

Seve OB wrote: »
    just back from holidays
    seen the black music version in a shop
    actually not really a fan of the stainless steel look

considering the slate version now, its a bit more expensive, but deffo looks a bit nicer

now also half thinking of getting the music version... lol
    how many tunes does it hold aprox? can you have playlists on it?

The blurb says up to 500 songs which would suggest 2gb (depending on file size). I have synced Spotify playlists on to it using my phone and it works well if a bit slow to transfer. Overall I find the watch great and I agree the matt black look is better

• Registered Users Posts: 5,718 ✭✭✭masterboy123

Hello,

I am looking to get a sport smart watch for my gym.

Anyone used a:

Garmin Forerunner 645 Music GPS Sport?

How do you think it is, compared to vivoactive?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 925 ✭✭✭RHJ

Hello,

I am looking to get a sport smart watch for my gym.

Anyone used a:

Garmin Forerunner 645 Music GPS Sport?

How do you think it is, compared to vivoactive?

From what I understand the vivoactive 3 is more of a general Sports and activity tracker designed for more casual use. While the Forerunner 645 is part of Garmin's running range of watches so gives more advanced metrics useful for runners for example with an additional sensor it provides information on cadence and how long each of your feet touches the ground when running. Also, it uses buttons so it may be easier to navigate the menus when out in the rain.

If you are mainly in the gym, I would go for a vivoactive 3 music I could be wrong, but I believe it supports more gym activities for tracking than the running focused Forerunner series. Also, you could consider getting a chest strap heart rate monitor for more accuracy when lifting weights.

Personally, I decided to go with the 645 as running is my main sport of choice for exercise and I'm a bit of a nerd for data so although I'm no marathon runner I like having the extra metrics.

I got mine from here

https://www.eglobalcentral.eu/garmin-forerunner-645-music-gps-sport-watch-black-010-01863-g0-support-eu-languages.html?gclid=Cj0KCQiAwc7jBRD8ARIsAKSUBHLzvYaf8mgHHfNvdSAtQ_PXLX1Ok9cqFZ6Ydl-gDubYqxIizTwjxqgaAvZREALw_wcB#/product/27274

RHJ wrote: »
    From what I understand the vivoactive 3 is more of a general Sports and activity tracker designed for more casual use. While the Forerunner 645 is part of Garmin's running range of watches so gives more advanced metrics useful for runners for example with an additional sensor it provides information on cadence and how long each of your feet touches the ground when running. Also, it uses buttons so it may be easier to navigate the menus when out in the rain.

If you are mainly in the gym, I would go for a vivoactive 3 music I could be wrong, but I believe it supports more gym activities for tracking than the running focused Forerunner series. Also, you could consider getting a chest strap heart rate monitor for more accuracy when lifting weights.

Personally, I decided to go with the 645 as running is my main sport of choice for exercise and I'm a bit of a nerd for data so although I'm no marathon runner I like having the extra metrics.

I got mine from here

https://www.eglobalcentral.eu/garmin-forerunner-645-music-gps-sport-watch-black-010-01863-g0-support-eu-languages.html?gclid=Cj0KCQiAwc7jBRD8ARIsAKSUBHLzvYaf8mgHHfNvdSAtQ_PXLX1Ok9cqFZ6Ydl-gDubYqxIizTwjxqgaAvZREALw_wcB#/product/27274
    How long do they take to deliver?
    Where does it ship from?
    Any hidden charges on import.

How long do they take to deliver?
    Where does it ship from?
    Any hidden charges on import.

I opted to go for the insured shipping for €6 extra they quoted 6 to 8 days for the item to be shipped although from what I understand that's just an estimate and most items arrive more quickly than that.

This is from their FAQ page

"Q: Why are your items so cheap?

A: Don't worry, all products listed on eGlobal Central are 100% Brand new and Genuine. We do not sell refurbished items unless it is specifically mentioned in the listing. We source our products from trusted official dealers around the world and then import them to Europe. Therefore we are able to cut most of the middle-man expenses to allow us to offer you low prices, helping you save directly from your pocket! Moreover, our operations are online and as a result have lower costs."

And your answer your final question from the above they say that they import into Europe so I understand the item by the time it is shipped to you has all necessary taxes paid.

In fairness to them, their FAQ page contains a lot of information.

https://www.eglobalcentral.eu/frequent-ask-question-faq-eu.html#/cmsPage/184

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,718 ✭✭✭masterboy123

I thought Vivoactive has a good heart rate monitor also.

I am basically looking for a watch, for music. I just do cross trainer machine for cardio and lift weights for 30 minutes or so. I never run on the roads and hardly run on the treadmill machine in the gym.

I liked Forerunner 645 as it comes in rose gold and looks really nice. This one :

https://www.eglobalcentral.eu/garmin-forerunner-645-music-gps-sport-watch-black-010-01863-g0-support-eu-languages.html?gclid=Cj0KCQiAwc7jBRD8ARIsAKSUBHLzvYaf8mgHHfNvdSAtQ_PXLX1Ok9cqFZ6Ydl-gDubYqxIizTwjxqgaAvZREALw_wcB#/product/27275

Are there any similar products out there for gym? I believe Samsung's Gear watch is mainly for communication.

Thanks RHJ

I got mine from here

Does anyone know what is cheapest B&M price for the slate version? (best I can see is €270 in Currys) I've decided (especially as Irreverent agrees with me that it's nicer) that its worth the few quid more than the stainless steel version

I am going to UK on Saturday and can see that I will be able to pick it up for £199 (€230-big difference) over there in a shop (Currys also!!!!, but in loads of places).... and that's before I try and haggle :) That's the cheapest I can find it anywhere, even from online retailer. I want it for next week as I'm going on a golf trip and it will be nice opportunity to test it out.

Would much rather buy it in Ireland if there is a similar price anywhere.

Will decide when it's in my hand should I got with music version or not as I think they also have a different look about them.

Does anyone know what is cheapest B&M price for the slate version? (best I can see is €270 in Currys) I've decided (especially as Irreverent agrees with me that it's nicer) that its worth the few quid more than the stainless steel version

I am going to UK on Saturday and can see that I will be able to pick it up for £199 (€230-big difference) over there in a shop (Currys also!!!!, but in loads of places).... and that's before I try and haggle :) That's the cheapest I can find it anywhere, even from online retailer. I want it for next week as I'm going on a golf trip and it will be nice opportunity to test it out.

Will decide when it's in my hand should I got with music version or not as I think they also have a different look about them.

I'd say if Currys have it for that price you should get it from there I've never dealt with their customer service department, but I'd imagine they are easier to communicate with that some foreign online retailer.

Secondly, I'd recommend going for the music version some modern smartphones are so big now that it's uncomfortable having it strapped to your arm if you use an armband. Even having it in a pocket can be uncomfortable plus don't forget if you are outside the majority of phones don't like getting wet.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,820 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

It's available direct from Garmin.co.uk for £180 if you have a NUS card.

TitianGerm wrote: »
    It's available direct from Garmin.co.uk for £180 if you have a NUS card.

what is an NUS card?

what is an NUS card?

Uk student card. Just a card with your picture that gives you discounts on stuff.

what is an NUS card?

Like RJH said. It's a student card that gives discounts with retailers. Garmin do 10%.

Uk student card. Just a card with your picture that gives you discounts on stuff.

hmmmm, I wish.... :D oh to be a student again lol

is there any decent site like adverts in UK?

• Advertisement

hmmmm, I wish.... :D oh to be a student again lol

You can set up a fake one, I did it to get Student Prime from Amazon. I'm doing ACCA exams so just used my number for that on the NUS website.

Advertisement