Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garmin Vivoactive 3

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,717 ✭✭✭cronos

How would this compare to the Samsung Gear S3 Frontier. Definitely does not look as good, but curious about how much better this would be in comparison on the fitness front.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,842 ✭✭✭Jet Black

I think the site is ok. It's was used a bit by the people in the camera forum. My sister ordered a switch, the only problem was it three weeks to come and didn't have a UK or EU charger, I think it was a Chinese or Japanese console. Returns on the other hand might be a different story.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,663 ✭✭✭JoeyJJ

Not the worst price on amazon either, looks nice but have vivosmart not sure would be easily sold if I upgraded.

• Registered Users Posts: 476 ✭✭RunRoryRun

Got this watch for Christmas. Very big fan of it. It's a GPS watch with some smartwatch functionality added in. Looks good, customisable bands / faces and very lightweight.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,669 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Have this watch, got it on amazon for around €200. Find it excellent, especially for fitness. Battery lasts 7-10 days. Can also be used for golf and works well. Full charge in 60 minutes. Looks well also, can't go wrong.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 462 ✭✭garion

Another big fan of the Vivoactive 3 here - I have the music version and absolutely love it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,947 ✭✭✭Roberto_gas

How is the battery ?

• Registered Users Posts: 27,820 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

garion wrote: »
    Another big fan of the Vivoactive 3 here - I have the music version and absolutely love it.

Does it save Spotify playlists to the watch? That'd be very handy for the gym.

I just wish they would improve the screen on it. Looks so bad, especially when using the backlight.

TitianGerm wrote: »
    Does it save Spotify playlists to the watch? That'd be very handy for the gym.

No link to Spotify but I believe it works with Deezer instead. I use it for local playback instead, loading audiobook mp3s onto it and so far it works really well.

Battery life for me is about 5 days which includes about 90 mins of GPS use for running in that time.

I've had no issues with the screen. Lots of custom watch faces available, I use this one as it surfaces all the data I want to see.

• Advertisement

No link to Spotify but I believe it works with Deezer instead. I use it for local playback instead, loading audiobook mp3s onto it and so far it works really well.

Battery life for me is about 5 days which includes about 90 mins of GPS use for running in that time.

I've had no issues with the screen. Lots of custom watch faces available, I use this one as it surfaces all the data I want to see.

oh I like that one, my current favourites are Crystal & Nofrills.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 2,717 ✭✭✭cronos

Can this version posted hold local music if it can't do Spotify?

cronos wrote: »

No, there's upgraded version which has music support, akaik Spotify being released for it next week.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 21,422 ✭✭✭✭Alun

cronos wrote: »
    No, only the Vivoactive 3 Music has local storage. Looks quite different to the standard one though.

Currently down to £162.95 on Amazon. Decent price.

Garmin Vivoactive 3 GPS Smartwatch with Built-In Sports Apps and Wrist Heart Rate - Black https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B0751GBCKN/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_mRvqCb5YC9YYA

• Registered Users Posts: 7,689 ✭✭✭Raoul

Basil3 wrote: »
    Currently down to £162.95 on Amazon. Decent price.

Garmin Vivoactive 3 GPS Smartwatch with Built-In Sports Apps and Wrist Heart Rate - Black https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B0751GBCKN/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_mRvqCb5YC9YYA
    This looks like a great deal. How durable would it be playing soccer for example?

Raoul wrote: »
    This looks like a great deal. How durable would it be playing soccer for example?

It's a watch designed for running so it won't have any problem with you running around playing soccer. I'm a little cautious with mine when in the pool or the shower or sleeping is tricky as I tend to move quite a bit.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 970 ✭✭✭rushfan

It's a watch designed for running so it won't have any problem with you running around playing soccer. I'm a little cautious with mine when in the pool or the shower or sleeping is tricky as I tend to move quite a bit.

Got this myself for Xmas and I'm also delighted with it. I don't run but I've used it a few times for cycling and it's as accurate as Mapmyride. Is it waterproof or water resistant??

rushfan wrote: »
    Got this myself for Xmas and I'm also delighted with it. I don't run but I've used it a few times for cycling and it's as accurate as Mapmyride. Is it waterproof or water resistant??

It's waterproof.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 970 ✭✭✭rushfan

It's waterproof.

Excellent, thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,002 ✭✭✭mad m

I’m assuming it tracks distance in pool and times per 100 meters?

If you want it cheaper it’s 151 sterling on warehouse deals.

mad m wrote: »
    I’m assuming it tracks distance in pool and times per 100 meters?

If you want it cheaper it’s 151 sterling on warehouse deals.

Even better.

I am very tempted. I was looking at android watches but I am now torn between the versa and this. My only annoyance is I use the Strong app and google fit which isn't compatible with the vivoactive. :o

Raoul wrote: »

I play soccer with it weekly and I've never had an issue. The straps are easily replaceable too if you do get into a scrap & someone pulls it off your arm!

I play soccer with it weekly and I've never had an issue. The straps are easily replaceable too if you do get into a scrap & someone pulls it off your arm!

That graphic looks great haha.

• Registered Users Posts: 926 ✭✭✭Irishder

Got mine delivered from a global bit slow put perfect

• Registered Users Posts: 926 ✭✭✭Irishder

Got mine delivered from a global bit slow put perfect

• Registered Users Posts: 730 ✭✭✭thejaguar

I never get over 5k - need to get my act together.

Friend of mine has the vivoactive 3 - I have the original - both excellent in my view although I'm a little jealous of his fancier/newer version...

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭Deckyalrite

Looking to pickup one of these but missed offers last week. Anybody who to offload let me know.

• Registered Users Posts: 295 ✭✭deco72

Looking to pickup one of these but missed offers last week. Anybody who to offload let me know.

I have one I got last year that might look to offload if interested with 2 extra straps for it. PM me if interested I can send you pics etc.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭Dr.Winston O'Boogie

Out of interest do any smartwatches have spotify capability?

Really interested in the Vivoactive myself, seems like a perfect mix between smartwatch/fitness tracker?

Advertisement