Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Very cheap DVD & Blu-ray boxsets @ Easons

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

Really should have read the thread before I got my hopes up of getting a box set for 12.50. OH turning 30 so trying to pick up presents realting to it 30 rock box set ideal but not paying 25 for something that probably won't be watched

30 Rock is a really great comedy series. It's currently £14.99STG on amazon which is an absolute bargain.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,413 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Really should have read the thread before I got my hopes up of getting a box set for 12.50. OH turning 30 so trying to pick up presents realting to it 30 rock box set ideal but not paying 25 for something that probably won't be watched

30 Rock advertised at 12.50 but going in cart for 50 then down to 25, very confusing

• Registered Users Posts: 11,911 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

lawred2 wrote: »
    Wouldn't have anything to play these anyway

Brother in law has a wall full of DVDs and Blu-ray

Looks ridiculous at this stage

Id have been all over this offer a few years ago, i was like your bro-in-law, then one day i thought fcuk it, packed up all my dvds and blu rays, apart from a few music/fight ones and took them down to CEX, had a large tesco shopping trolley full of them, got 525 store credit, bought a ps4 and a handful of games. Took them 5hrs to sort through them all :pac:

Not bought a disc since

• Registered Users Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭MrMusician18

Grayditch wrote: »
    Not sure why people think the physical medium looks ridiculous as if Netflix is the be all and end all of films.

Agreed. And Netflix is ****e for films.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,361 ✭✭✭✭Kolido

It's an error.

But its been like this since last week, surely they know about it and can fix it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43,803 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Isn't it about time useless replys like "who still uses dvds in 2019" were banned from this forum? It makes the place seem so unfriendly
    Gotta agree.. well, banning maybe extreme.. but common courtesy would be just to say nothing and move onto the next thread.

For example, i think drones are a huge waste of money, but you don't see me going into every drone thread and telling everyone that.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,619 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

took them down to CEX, had a large tesco shopping trolley full of them, got 525 store credit,

Wonder what they cost you originally? :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

okidoki987 wrote: »
    Wonder what they cost you originally? :eek:

Only get 1c for a dvd now in cex. Not worth the fuel of driving down

• Registered Users Posts: 7,241 ✭✭✭facehugger99

30 Rock is a really great comedy series. It's currently £14.99STG on amazon which is an absolute bargain.

Lot of people complaining about the disc quality in the reviews - just saying.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,099 ✭✭✭mathie

Isn't it about time useless replys like "who still uses dvds in 2019" were banned from this forum? It makes the place seem so unfriendly

It'd be good if people suggested the alternatives.

I found out from someone on here what Plex was.
    Then I ripped all the DVDs and Blurays I had and I now stream them.

For me the major positives were
    - freeing up shelves of space
    - no ads and trailers
    - faster to access movies

"But one mans meat is another mans poison."

Some people may not have Smart TVs or may enjoy having the library on the shelves or may not know how to / be bothered to rip films.

"Live and let live."

Jesus that's two clichéd phrases in one post.
    Here's a third to round it out.

"Like a turd in the wind"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,375 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

mathie wrote: »
    may enjoy having the library on the shelves or may not know how to / be bothered to rip films.
    I prefer browsing through boxes than text on a screen. I do watch the extras on some films. I like reading the crap on some of the boxes too.

The compression effect on some stuff is terrible, especially if it is a really dark scene, it only has a few shades of black

bd-vs-h265-vs.png

• Registered Users Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭Jofspring

I've rubbish internet as I live out the country. Streaming services outside of Netflix never really work. DVDs are still a great option for many people.

Disappointed to see they are priced wrong too. Had three in my basket ready to go and when I went through it said €75 so left it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,810 ✭✭✭Hector Savage

Worth it for the Star Trek films boxset alone ! EUR25 on BluRay !! bargain!

• Registered Users Posts: 936 ✭✭✭HorseRadish

I contacted their customer service asking what the story was with the mis-pricing,they said they would refund the difference so getting the Chucky boxset for 24.99 and they will refund the difference on it so should get 12.50 back.

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

Lot of people complaining about the disc quality in the reviews - just saying.

I haven't watched the entire box set, just the episodes I missed on tv, but all I watched were fine TBH.....

• Registered Users Posts: 7,893 ✭✭✭cletus

I contacted their customer service asking what the story was with the mis-pricing,they said they would refund the difference so getting the Chucky boxset for 24.99 and they will refund the difference on it so should get 12.50 back.

Was that just a sop to you, or are the prices on the front page right, did they say

• Registered Users Posts: 32,214 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

7.50 for Deadwood on blu Ray, heard its excellent... So decided to give it a go thanks OP

• Registered Users, Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 2,193 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nigel Fairservice

Very tempted by Quantum Leap for €25. Miss that show.

• Registered Users Posts: 626 ✭✭✭shardylan

cletus wrote: »
    Was that just a sop to you, or are the prices on the front page right, did they say
    I emailed and got the same

Thank you for contacting us.
    >
    > I am very sorry the price that showed in your basket was different
    > from the price shown on the website.
    >
    > These items were part of a promotional offer. The offer price was
    > still showing on some search listing but the items had since returned
    > to full price.
    >
    > Under the circumstances, we will honour the price that you saw
    > advertised.
    >
    > If you would like to place an order and reply to this email with your
    > order number we will refund the price difference to the value of the
    > promotional discount.
    >
    > Thank you for shopping with us and please accept my sincerest

• Registered Users Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭august12

Same here, emailed them today and they will honour the price on the front page for dvd I am interested in, have placed order and they will refund the difference.
    Very impressed with their customer service.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,234 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

gmisk wrote: »
    7.50 for Deadwood on blu Ray, heard its excellent... So decided to give it a go thanks OP

It is. Re-watching it myself in anticipation of the movie out in April.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

lawred2 wrote: »
    Looks ridiculous at this stage

What a ridiculous comment.

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭Girl_harbour

I emailed about the 30 rock box set, they told me to buy it for 25 which I did and they would refund me the difference. It arrived the day after I ordered and the 12.50 refund came into my account today. Cant complain! full box set for 12.50 is great value.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Frightened Inmate No.2

Got the Indy boxset on Blu-ray for €12.50 delivered, happy with that.

I just have to set fire to part 4 and all will be well.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,214 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Got the Indy boxset on Blu-ray for €12.50 delivered, happy with that.

I just have to set fire to part 4 and all will be well.
    Er i bought that a few days ago and they honored the €6.25 price......I would say drop them an email and they will refund you €6.25....

I also go the complete chuck on blu ray €12.50 and Complete deadwood on blu ray €7.50

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Frightened Inmate No.2

gmisk wrote: »
    Er i bought that a few days ago and they honored the €6.25 price......I would say drop them an email and they will refund you €6.25....

I also go the complete chuck on blu ray €12.50 and Complete deadwood on blu ray €7.50

I only ever saw a €12.50 price, it'll be grand

• Registered Users Posts: 11,325 ✭✭✭✭Tony

3 days after confirmed order I receive this

"I regret to inform you that we are currently sold out of “Star Trek - Stardate Collection 1-10 Remastered Box Set Bd” online and will not be able to send this with your order."

Desktop PC Boards discount code on https://www.satellite.ie/ is boards.ie

Advertisement