Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Very cheap DVD & Blu-ray boxsets @ Easons

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,315 ✭✭✭Sam Hain

Basq wrote: »

Prices doubles when added to the basket on a lot of these making it far removed from a bargain. And most of them are shocking.

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

Prices change when you put them in your basket to 50% of the listed RRSP, not the shown discounted price on the first page. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,798 ✭✭✭bromley52

Are people still buying these?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,627 Mod ✭✭✭✭tedpan

Prices change when you put them in your basket to 50% of the listed RRSP, not the shown discounted price on the first page.

Scroll down...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,492 ✭✭✭Sir Oxman

Sam Hain wrote: »
    Prices doubles when added to the basket on a lot of these making it far removed from a bargain. And most of them are shocking.

Error on front page, clearly calculated at 75% off but is actually 50% when in basket

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

tedpan wrote: »
    Scroll down...

To?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,492 ✭✭✭Sir Oxman

bromley52 wrote: »
    Are people still buying these?

Of course!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,627 Mod ✭✭✭✭tedpan

To?

When you add it to your basket it shows the full price. Scroll down and it shows the discount at the bottom of the page

• Registered Users Posts: 1,315 ✭✭✭Sam Hain

tedpan wrote: »
    When you add it to your basket it shows the full price. Scroll down and it shows the discount at the bottom of the page

Thats nothing got to do with what people are saying on here. The discount price is still different to what it should be based on the first pages prices.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,295 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

Wouldn't have anything to play these anyway

Brother in law has a wall full of DVDs and Blu-ray

Looks ridiculous at this stage

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43,802 ✭✭✭✭Basq

lawred2 wrote: »
    No gaming console?

To be honest, I got rid of physical media last year, and then started buying vinyl.. go figure! :pac:

Regarding pricing issues, i just added 'Suits' and it's showing at the discounted price indicated on first page.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Would've probably picked up a few for the sake of it but the prices advertised are completely different to the basket prices.....pretty bad own-goal by Easons, even if the prices are still decent, no-one wants to pay double what they thought they would be paying!

• Registered Users Posts: 33,148 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

imho, no such thing as a bargain DVD...awful waste of money they are.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,935 ✭✭✭TallGlass

False positive there.

Thankfully! I could have ended up spending some cash there!

• Registered Users Posts: 43,802 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Prices showing up fine for me..

Added Oz..

Screenshot-20190108-190450.png
    Screenshot-20190108-191556.png

• Registered Users Posts: 13,361 ✭✭✭✭Kolido

Yeah but add that Audrey Hepburn one beside it, will come to 9.99 not 5. Says 50% off but priced at 75% off.

Some decent deals there if they were 75% off.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,893 ✭✭✭cletus

Was going to pick up the godfather bluray set for €6.25, but comes up as 12.50 at checkout. Pretty stupid

• Registered Users Posts: 24,295 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

No gaming console?

To be honest, I got rid of physical media last year, and then started buying vinyl.. go figure! :pac:

Regarding pricing issues, i just added 'Suits' and it's showing at the discounted price indicated on first page.

Nope..

• Registered Users Posts: 13,361 ✭✭✭✭Kolido

Kolido wrote: »
    Yeah but add that Audrey Hepburn one beside it, will come to 9.99 not 5. Says 50% off but priced at 75% off.

Some decent deals there if they were 75% off.

Also this bargain was here last week and the same story. Surprised they havent sorted it by now, pretty bad form.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Not sure why people think the physical medium looks ridiculous as if Netflix is the be all and end all of films.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,728 ✭✭✭Former Former

cletus wrote: »
    Was going to pick up the godfather bluray set for €6.25, but comes up as 12.50 at checkout. Pretty stupid

Considering it's 24 pounds on Amazon, €12.50 is a great price, but yeah, when you've had your head turned by 6.25...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,893 ✭✭✭cletus

Considering it's 24 pounds on Amazon, €12.50 is a great price, but yeah, when you've had your head turned by 6.25...

Well, I'm a stubborn bollix. They said 6.25, so... :D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,619 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

+1.
    Why advertise it at €6.25 for it to show at €12.50 at checkout?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,032 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

Does THREE15 give 15% off

• Registered Users Posts: 17,988 ✭✭✭✭rob316

My son got Thomas tank DVDs in his stocking at xmas, I had nothing to play them on. Had to bring them to work and copy them onto a USB key.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,728 ✭✭✭Former Former

okidoki987 wrote: »
    +1.
    Why advertise it at €6.25 for it to show at €12.50 at checkout?

It's an error.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,501 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

If your broadband connection goes down and you want to watch something it won't look so ridiculous ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 Austin Mayo

Isn't it about time useless replys like "who still uses dvds in 2019" were banned from this forum? It makes the place seem so unfriendly

• Registered Users Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭OffalyMedic

Really should have read the thread before I got my hopes up of getting a box set for 12.50. OH turning 30 so trying to pick up presents realting to it 30 rock box set ideal but not paying 25 for something that probably won't be watched

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22,651 ✭✭✭✭beauf

Anyone contact Easons and ask what's going on.

Advertisement