Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Small scale wind turbine to a 12v immersion heater - any point?

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,362 ✭✭✭rolion

Gary, nice one ... the wind works best and most efficient with batteries,due to ... "the nature of the nature".
    You will not get results with a turbine compared with a PV array.

For the EV,enjoy it but please do not expect the output of the PVs to charge the car's batteries...
    The most important saving that you can do now,after EV is to change your living style to accomodate the eco-system that you have built in and around your home ! That is how you start saving and that's how you will feel happy ...satisfied and excited by only looking at the PV panels.

What PV,what EV !?

Be good...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,363 ✭✭✭randombar

rolion wrote: »
    Gary, nice one ... the wind works best and most efficient with batteries,due to ... "the nature of the nature".
    You will not get results with a turbine compared with a PV array.

For the EV,enjoy it but please do not expect the output of the PVs to charge the car's batteries...
    The most important saving that you can do now,after EV is to change your living style to accomodate the eco-system that you have built in and around your home ! That is how you start saving and that's how you will feel happy ...satisfied and excited by only looking at the PV panels.

What PV,what EV !?

Be good...

Ya I kind of guessed it wouldn't be charging the car or anything but I live out in the middle of nowhere and just seeing what my options are in relation to the renewables.

We're getting better at nightsaver etc. Tricky time of year too as both of us are out of the house 9 to 5 so washing clothes today with this lovely sun out isn't going to happen unfortunately :(

PV, I have 3.3kw connected to a solis hybrid inverter (received the api off the guys for it last week actually) split on two roofs south facing and south by south west facing, 2kwh battery via the grant in the next month or so.

EV, hopefully all going well a Leaf 24 in the next two weeks or so.

Advertisement