Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AEW - All Elite Wrestling (*Spoilers for Latest Show*)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,018 ✭✭✭✭Neil3030

Yeah he'll be done with wrestling for good, surely.

Though we can dream... maybe he makes the run-in to stop a beat-down and helps Danhausen go over Reigns in the main event of WM 40,

• Registered Users Posts: 3,067 ✭✭✭ThePott

During the day I'd heard that there was talk of Tony addressing the audience. Be interesting to see how this is handled and if it's for the best. I understand the need to do it but not sure how the crowd will react.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,864 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Moxley to get record for most title reigns, all thanks to injuries or suspensions?

Now the question is, will they announce more interim tournaments or will it be for the actual titles?? Must really be annoying how this/injuries seem to happen just as soon as the title is won.

Will any announcement just be the last of it due to it being an ongoing investigation so MJF or Caster won't be allowed to say anything?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,429 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

[MELTZER] Punk injury, believed to be from the tope, is serious. Rumors from Sunday but he hadn't confirmed them but it's been confirmed to me no matter what happens discipline-wise that the title situation has to be changed and addressed tonight.

Handy out. Say he’s hurt, given up the title, say there won’t be an interim this time. Quietly announce he’s leaving in a few weeks when things have calmed down.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,117 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Conditional release, a pretty way of saying non-compete.

If it's going to be addressed tonight get someone who can speak with a bit of authority and affableness (if that's a word), like Schiavone.

Tony Khan isn't likeable and has the authoritative presence of a 12 year old.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 60,386 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Mox & Jericho for the title tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,440 ✭✭✭brick tamland

I cann't see them sacking punk outright. If they do I'm sure he'd have them by the balls legally if he was physically threatened by 3 x Execs. He'd sue them for millions.

The lads to lose their fancy job titles. They'll thread carefully around Punk and hope not to be sued.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,864 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

If this is the case, I would have to ask what have they been doing for the past 3 years that they haven't built anyone to take the top spot?

Seems the TNT title is the one that goes to the home grown talent while the AEW title goes to the guys who are likely on the big money.

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭Munstersrebel

So according to you Coach is a victim? Funny I heard Coach laid hands on The Elite... Feck for all i care Qanon Elite Wrestling and Trump loving WWE tear eachother to shreds and Court Bauers MLW and Anthem's Impact are the surviors... to quote Metallica such a scenario would be... And Justice... for All...

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,636 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

I haven't seen any explanation or even comment on why Daniel's name is appearing on the list of suspensions?

Doesn't he have a talent relations role?

• Advertisement

The lads to lose their fancy job titles

And lose their health benefits also? No chance.

Suspensions for all, big fines. Fire Steel.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Pentecost

There was talk that he and Pat Buck got involved. The suggestion was that they were trying to break it up but they've probably been suspended until all the facts have been established.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,386 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Everyone that was invovled would be deemed part of incident till they are all interviewed by the legal team would be my guess.

All would have been sent home told not to talk to each other untill the process is over.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,709 ✭✭✭hynesie08

The ultimate **** you to punk would be to put the belt on hangman......

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,773 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Thunder Rosa has now requested her AEW release. What is going on backstage this is not good.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,628 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

No backstage at AEW is not good clearly and Sunday and the whole **** show that happened after the PPV I personally think was the boiling point for many but CM Punk articulated it. There’s clearly the bucks and Omega and their friends and those that aren’t in that group.

While punk was certainly in the wrong to say what he said, but why didn’t Tony khan stop him talking instead of more or less saying nothing ? He’s the booker and owner.

And I can understand why the bucks and omega were pissed off them going to punks dressing room in the immediate aftermath of punk talking was a very poor decision.

• Registered Users Posts: 53,933 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

it wouldn’t surprise me if tonight’s Dynamite breaks it’s ratings/viewership record, people love drama

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

Well, here we go...

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

So, a tournament ending at Arthur Ash for the World Championship and new Trios champs tonight. No mention of why these titles have been vacated, but I didn't realistically expect that whilst things are still ongoing.

MJF getting a heroes welcome :)

• Advertisement

Guevara being in that tournament is a joke. He's shíte.

What are the point of the rankings again? Hobbs is 2nd in them and nowhere to be seen.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭Cherry_Cola

Agreed on Sammy, wish he'd **** off. Miro, Andrade, Hobbs or Ricky would have been good to get some shine in a tournament.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,018 ✭✭✭✭Neil3030

May I second, third, fourth and fifth the motion to push Starks to the goddam 12th moon of Jupiter.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,168 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

I don't blame Rosa, Storm basically accused her of faking injury in the scrum while Tony was sitting there, literally saying come back when you're ready to job.

I'll be the first to admit Rosa's AEW stint hasn't been plane sailing but no way should anyone have to take that disrespect while the boss says nothing.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,935 ✭✭✭✭titan18

With the stuff that's come out, bit sh1t to strip the trios titles imo (never mind the trios division is a disaster anyway atm). Tony Khan should be suspending himself for allowing it and sitting there like a nodding dog as Punk ranted. Punk is an issue, but what Tony did in that press conference is far worse since he's the owner.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,150 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

The Thunder Rosa request isn't true according to Meltzer and Alvarez. Who know these days though, seems like a toxic work place unless you're in with the "boys" - so basically like most wrestling locker rooms ever created!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,773 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

It’s worth noting Meltzer also said the Malaki black request rumours weren’t true either until they were granted.

I’m sure there’s massive damage limitations going on at the moment.

Mox promo was brilliant. Properly cementing himself as the heart of AEW.

I wish Kingston, Miro and one or two others could have been in the tourney, but given they've two weeks to build it and had no forewarning it was coming, I guess they didn't want to throw in anyone who would be damaged by not winning. Sammy is a weird one, but I'd guess he has a banger with Darby and then either loses to Darby, or losses to Mox to build some heat for a Mox/Jericho final, if they go that direction.

I'd kind of like Darby to win though. Just feel backing one of their younger, home grown lads would be a great pallet cleanser after whats happened (even if Mox quickly cashes in his shot).

Garcia is a star too. So is Swerve and the Acclaimed.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,636 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

With the exception of Bryan the tournament could be straight out of 2020, I like it

• Advertisement

From WON (copied summary from Reddit).

• Dave said that Ace's side of the story is that he grabbed and bit Kenny because Kenny was trying to pull CM Punk off of Nick Jackson. He interpreted that as him trying to put CM Punk in a crossface. He also mentioned that Ace said something about wanting to protect his wife, who was in the room.
    • Dave's words were something like "He was trying to help a friend in a fight, not stop the fight."
    • No one ever told Dave or Bryan that the door was kicked down, whether on the inside or outside. They've only seen it on the internet.
    • Emphasizes that TK is on record as saying he wanted Punk from the start and wanted Jericho, but he absolutely would not have made AEW without Kenny and the Bucks. I don't think he mentioned Cody but he could've.
    • Lawsuits are being threatened. This is being done in a very careful way as a result.
    • Punk gone for about 8 months minimum based on injuries alone, assuming he's not fired, which he might be.
    • Talks about how Punk didn't feel respected because he had his old style philosophy and the Elite very much do things their own way. Puts this in the same stream as a sort of Cornette (without mentioning his name) vs. Elite clash.
    • Blasts CM Punk for not building up MJF and instead doing this Colt Cobana agenda. That's not being professional, even by his own standards.
    • Says that CM Punk being back is doubtful. Answer on the Elite being back is 'I don't know'.
    • Dave didn't like MJF going after WWE this week. "Not the week to do this." Doesn't think anyone should be trying to duplicate CM Punk stuff, and it also positions AEW as #2 (like Ring of Honour).
    • Dave did like the Moxley part. "This was the right thing to do this week."

Advertisement