Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AEW - All Elite Wrestling (*Spoilers for Latest Show*)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 53,898 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

haha just seen it.

It's not surprising how bad they've done with this new boards.ie

I think they have alot more on their plate than fixing curses lol

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,426 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

I’ve not really seen much of Ethan Page before AEW but he screams star to me. Really amazing heel.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,114 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Cody looked like he was shot with Homer's make-up gun.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,886 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

That crowd was on fire which really helped with the whole show (thought last weeks crowd were meh bar the Black debut) but 100% agree it was a great show. They are really doing a great job of the build up between Page/Omega and Page is seriously over, I can see the Elite beating Dark Order but Page still finding away to get a match vs Omega.

Great to see what Black's heel run can do since he never really got the chance in WWE as a heel (bar that awful programme with KO), I really hope they dont rush into a match with Cody/Black match.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,338 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

I smiled at Excalibur mentioning Prince Devitt,

I want to see more of Machine Gun actually wrestling.

Lot's and lots of NJPW mentions now the real crossovers can't be far away now.

• Advertisement

Jon Moxley vs Karl Anderson

This was some belter to open the night on. I don't watch much New Japan but you always hear how good Machine Gun is and this is my first time seeing karl in a singles competition and damn him and Mox beat the crap out of each other

The crowd absolutely adore Mox and you can't blame them. Mox is probably in the top 5 wrestlers in the world today. What a turn around in his career. He could of just lived a simple life in WWE but he believed in himself and wanted something more and fair dues to him

Brian Cage vs Ricky Starks

Big fan of both and with Starks on home turf he was so over with the crowd. Very good match, it didn't blow me away but I'm intrigued on how it's going to develop from here.

The crowd made this into a better match than it was.

Matt Hardy vs. Christian Cage

Solid match, i like a bit of nostalgic. 18years ago is the last time they faced each other which is mad ain't it.

i did like the ending I think Christian is going to turn heel and turn on Jungle Boy which will be fun.

Penelope Ford vs Yuka Sakazaki

Meh, didnt really hook me in

Wheeler Yuta vs Sammy Guevara

Great match and it's no wonder everyone is after Yuta, some talent.

I got goosebumps during Andrade El Idolo promo, he's looking for Death Triangle, cannot wait to see what happens here.

Hangman Adam Page segement

This is unreal booking and my 2nd favorite part of the night, everyone played a blinder and it delays things to All Out, we need Hangman v Omega as the main headline at this ppv

Dr Britt baker

Can't think of any wrestler today who is as good on the mic as her.

Darby Allin vs. Ethan Page – Coffin Match

This was fecking great, so so so good. I absolutely loved this match so much, it went 100miles a minute and i strapped in and felt the burn. Ethan Page is playing a blinder as a heel, the crowd hate him and his promo work of late is the best Pro Wrestling today.

Darby, what else can you say about him? The guy just on another level, what a talent.

Some of the spots during this match was brilliant, I absolute love Rag Doll Darby

i think went under the radar a bit to

New TNA Belt, love a bit of white and ties in with Miro's character quite nicely

https://twitter.com/AEW/status/1415480591605194754

• Registered Users Posts: 2,635 ✭✭✭RollieFingers

Not too shoddy, Dynamite remains by a considerable distance the most enjoyable weekly US pro-wrestling show.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,836 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

So is every week's Dynamite going to have a special name now?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,060 ✭✭✭ThePott

AEW hit a 1.025 in the ratings last night.

Excellent number and well deserved, fantastic show and if they keep it up who knows how high they can climb.

https://twitter.com/bryanalvarez/status/1415770511997423616

• Registered Users Posts: 23,114 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Do tweets not embed anymore or is it this awful redesign?

They seem to embed sometimes. Maybe only if at the start of a post?

The old design seemed to not have any reasoning to how tweets appeared

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭Cherry_Cola

It's killing me that for posts with more than 1 like it says "2 Like". They made an absolute hames of this migration.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,211 ✭✭✭LineOfBeauty

From the first few seconds after "Wild Thing" hit and the crowd absolutely lost their minds you knew it was going to be a great episode. The rating is obviously great, the ticket sales going well and all that stuff but I'm most glad that this was a homerun show in front of a molten hot crowd. Proper pro wrestling.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

Anyone played AEW General Manager yet?

The new Shida vs Cammy limited edition Street Fighter Tee is pretty cool.

I think one of the first things that went through my mind when  Andrade called out Death Triangle was man I wish Rush & Bandido were with him those 6 could have some feud that could last for a year with singles, tags & trios matches.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Its hard not to really love or enjoy AEW. I look forward to it every week and rarely...RARELY press the fast forward button.

Its simply everything Ive wanted from WWE the past decade but seldom got. Haven't watched main roster WWE in weeks and Ive seen zero to lure me back. I may watch MITB, but Ive seen reports of Goldberg which tell me Im wise to stay away.

Darby Allin, Hangman, Jungle Boy, Men of the Year, Britt Baker, Sammy G, Proud n Powerful, MJF, ..... all stars and all possible futuremain eventers. who needs WWE.

Great to have hit crowds back. The missing ingredient of AEW.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Pentecost

It's a shame his English isn't better, or alternatively that they don't just stick to Spanish for now if he is really still struggling to pick up English. The subtitles when he's actually speaking English make it hard to take him seriously.

• Advertisement

Just reading there that it looks like Dynamite in the Arthur Ashe stadium will be a legit 17k sell out as over 15k tickets have been sold so far with 60 odd days left before the show and that would make it the largest non WWE wrestling event since 1999.

When you really think what Tony Khan has achieved in about two years it's pretty amazing really.

A national TV show and bringing together NWA, Impact, AAA & NJPW it is quiet astonishing all this in the face of the totally dominate billion dollar juggernaut that is the WWE.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

What makes it better, is that WWE are struggling to sell out MSG, an arena they routinely sell out.

Times are slowly a changing

Some rumours that Danielson or Punk might show up for the New York Dynamite.

I think it would be a smart move and the right time for Tony Khan to throw some money at them now to join, He could give Punk a Lenser type deal and give Danielson a key to the forbidden door contract to appear where he wants around the world under an AEW banner and have matches with the best of the best.

Britt picking up some hints on how to fight dirty?

Strike first. Strike hard. No mercy.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,635 ✭✭✭RollieFingers

I see Gage and GCW have invited Omega to show up this weekend at Homecoming after Callis' comments at Slammiversary! That would be quite something. All probably a tease but even something like Gage & Mox vs Omega & Cardona would be class.

Mox, Janela, Callihan, doubt many would have foreseen Omega turning into the King of the Deathmatch upon his full time arrival in America. Mad times in pro-wrestling!

I was never a huge fan in the first place but as the years go on, the less I care about Punk returning to wrestling.

Danielson on the other hand would be a dream AEW signing for me.

With Heels less than a month away, do you think we'll get Stephen Amell on AEW in the coming weeks?

I always find it funny when Justin announces the jobber opponent for the women on Dark/Elevation. Like the bigger name gets a proper intro while her opponent basically gets "Oh and she's here too"

• Registered Users Posts: 3,929 ✭✭✭Monokne

• Advertisement

Card for Fyter Fest night 2

* Frankie Kazarian vs. Impact World Tag Team Champion Doc Gallows

* The Blade vs. Orange Cassidy

* Five Labours of Jericho, Chapter 1: Chris Jericho vs. Shawn Spears (Only Spears can use a steel chair)

* AEW Women’s World Champion Britt Baker defends against Nyla Rose

* IWGP United States Champion Jon Moxley defends against Lance Archer in a Texas Deathmatch

It doesnt look as good as night 1 but I cannot wait to see the IWGP match though

Advertisement