Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AEW - All Elite Wrestling (*Spoilers for Latest Show*)

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,217 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

I wouldn't pick up a 2k WWE game again if they were paying me to play it, they are patently awful. If AEW can produce a decent game I'd absolutely buy it.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

• Registered Users Posts: 7,714 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

AEW are doing a Dynamite Special in September from the Arthur Ashe Stadium in NYC. Could be really special - a tennis stadium seems ideally suited to host wrestling.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,439 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

24k capacity seating for tennis if they sell out it would be double there biggest attendance.

Sky now part of Men of the Year.

Frankie the Elite Hunter.

Daniels to return as Curry Man or The Fallen Angel?

Mr. Guappa wrote: »
    AEW are doing a Dynamite Special in September from the Arthur Ashe Stadium in NYC. Could be really special - a tennis stadium seems ideally suited to host wrestling.

What a brilliant venue to do a show at. I've never even thought about a wrestling show being held there. Should look great!

1280px-Arthur_Ashe_Stadium_with_the_roof_closed_%2832938595438%29.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 53,988 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Great innovative idea from AEW

Kudos

• Registered Users Posts: 2,924 ✭✭✭Cherry_Cola

Looks like I'll be headed to NY. Have to see Eddie get his homecoming in front of the biggest crowd of his life to date.

Regarding Christopher Daniels, definitely the Fallen Angel. I love Curry Man but he's said himself it's racially insensitive and is unlikely to bring it back in the modern era.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,929 ✭✭✭Monokne

Seems odd not to run a PPV there. To pack it you would want a big show and even a packed Dynamite doesn't resonate like a PPV would.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,635 ✭✭✭RollieFingers

The stadium looks class, it should be a great card.

Thinking that with it being in NY we might see something like a Miro/Kingston TNT championship match or maybe the Bucks/S&O for the tag titles. Obviously a lot can change before September but I'd imagine something like that.

Maybe some Forbidden Door action too, but the G1 is in September so wouldn't be so sure. Although there's whispers a certain Minoru Suzuki won't be in the G1, and he owes Mox a receipt, who wouldn't love to see him stomping out on Dynamite. The juniors would be free too, give me Darby/Hiromu!

New Belt on the way for the Trios ?

https://twitter.com/AEW/status/1405364073789722624

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,092 ✭✭✭ThePott

Heard some people speculate and I think they posted a pic elsewhere that suggested it might just be replica titles for sale.
    Trios belt was what came to my mind first though.

Tony Khan say Rampage will be a mix of recorded and live shows and the go home show to a PPV will always be live.

The recorded shows will be recorded along with Dark and Elevation before and after Dynamite.

I have to say you will get your money's worth of wrestling if you go to a Dynamite show.

Jesus, that is a lot. Hoping it won't kill the crowd altogether. Remember going to some WWE shows and people leaving before the end cause there was simply too much.
    I would expect though that AEW Dark and Elevation will be a bit more lean once they start taping for all 4.

Tony Khan say Rampage will be a mix of recorded and live shows and the go home show to a PPV will always be live.

The recorded shows will be recorded along with Dark and Elevation before and after Dynamite.

I have to say you will get your money's worth of wrestling if you go to a Dynamite show.

Not quite accurate, only elevation will be taped prior. Dark is going to be taped in blocks at a studio location and will remain more of a developmental program. Still a lot there for sure and interesting to see how it affects the crowds for each.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

They showed some game footage as well. Looks fun and arcadey, kinda reminded me of WWE All Stars which might rub some people the wrong way. I do wonder if the production on this game takes this long will it be outdated by the time it releases or will tey just avoid dating a lot of the aspects in it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,170 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

Brandi gave birth. Liberty Iris Runnels.

That belt Tweet from yesterday is about Replica Belts which go on pre sale from June 23th.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Brandi gave birth. Liberty Iris Runnels.

Congrats to them, but its such a pandering name ?

Playing to the gallery is our Cody.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,170 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

beakerjoe wrote: »
    Congrats to them, but its such a pandering name ?

Playing to the gallery is our Cody.

Seems very Rhodes-ish to take your current gimmick and work the naming of your daughter into it. :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,897 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Could've gone with Liberty Freddie to tie into the American Nightmare

AEW will team up with ROH on one of the biggest game shows in the States, Family Feuds over here it was called Family Fortunes

David Arquette will captain Jungle Boy, Peter Avalon, Dalton Castle & RJ City.

Dee Snider will captain the other team

That MMA match was quite poor, hopefully I don't see that ever again on AEW

• Registered Users Posts: 14,839 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

First ever hurricanrana in MMA :D

It was an okay Dynamite, still not up to the usual standard imo.

The Cage fight was dreadful. If I wanted MMA I'd watch UFC, if I wanted worked shoot style wrestling I'd watch Bloodsport. This was trash and hope they don't it again. Terrible way to start a show.

Not sure about the Darby match, not sure what it really achieved. I thought after telling Sting to stay home that he was going to snap but he had zip ties and that was about it. Some people really like the Wingmen, I don't really get them so far. The match was fine but nothing special. The Cody/Brock match was forgettable. Sick of the Nightmare Factory stuff. Brock was okay, definitely isn't ready for Dynamite though.

On the other hand I thought Julia Hart showed promise, especially at only 19. She's still pretty green but I liked the match with Penelope Ford even though the ending looked pretty sloppy.

I don't think the subtitles on Andrade speaking English was all that necessary but was an okay segment otherwise. Omega/Jungleboy promo was alright. I found the Lance Archer segment fairly pointless though. Same with the Jade segment. I liked the kayfabe reason for Vickie getting a match but Nyla and Britt isn't an especially interesting match-up. I do like the Pillman-Miro match-up though.

I did like that Hangman dodged the title question when they eventually have him face Kenny it will be huge. The main event wasn't anything special, sick of the usual interference in Young Bucks matches.

Think next week crowds are back and hopefully they get back on track after the Saturday show and they're back in their usual slot. All in all it was an okay show just not one worth getting all that excited about.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,635 ✭✭✭RollieFingers

Miro remains the best thing in AEW at the minute for me, so good.

I liked MJF decking Malenko. You'd have to be a bit of a pr*ck to hit a 60 year old Parkinson's sufferer as JR helpfully reminded us. Good stuff from MJF this week along with launching his crypto :D

The video for FTR/S&O was excellent. Thought it was a decent episode, looking forward to the title match and Hobbs/Page next week.

That interview to me was saying Vickie was just introducing Andrade not managing him.

Vickie and Andrade El Idolo have a surprise.

https://twitter.com/TheaTrinidad/status/1406094157576347650?s=20

• Registered Users Posts: 28,897 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Of course they call Jade's agent Smart Mark.

Cody didn't look too happy with Brock winning. Though neither did Brock really.
    Expected a big emotional promo beforehand about his daughter.

I didn't think the subs were necessary at first, but when he started alternating between languages they made more sense.

MMA fight started okay, got a bit silly towards the end but the presentation was good, Aubrey looks well in all black. Andrade looks the business so curious to see where he goes with it next.

I love the mid card storylines and I think it's a big thing that had me hooked in the attitude era. The Wingmen are gas and Peter holding a fallen Bononi's head at the end was hilarious.

Still a weak Friday show overall, hoping next week allows them to pick it up properly again.

• Advertisement

I absolutely hate worked MMA matches in professional wrestling. ****ing awful! Even bloodsport that people rave about, I don't get.

Looking forward to FTR Vs Santana/Ortiz whenever it happens.

Miro has really turned it around recently. He's brilliant!

I'd say the quality will pick up from next week. Saturday is in front of a live audience and the Wednesday after will be a farewell to Daily's place after 14 months so I'd say they'll put on a strong show. Can't wait to see them get out of Daily's and back into arenas though.

Advertisement