Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AEW - All Elite Wrestling (*Spoilers for Latest Show*)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Aaron Solow? Isn't he Bayley's fella?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,211 ✭✭✭LineOfBeauty

AEW beating Raw in all 3 hours of the 18-34 demo is crazy to the point where I can't wrap my head around it. Truth be told I thought with NXT being an established WWE brand they'd be lagging behind them still at this stage, but they've flown by that and now it's Raw they're beating in a key demo. It's insane.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

AEW beating Raw in all 3 hours of the 18-34 demo is crazy to the point where I can't wrap my head around it. Truth be told I thought with NXT being an established WWE brand they'd be lagging behind them still at this stage, but they've flown by that and now it's Raw they're beating in a key demo. It's insane.

I think fans want AEW to succeed. Wrestling fans want good entertainment and SD/RAW isnt cutting it. AEW is providing it and if successful long term, it can have a knock on effect of reforming WWE.

If i had the choice between AEW and NXT, Id choose AEW simply because I want them to succeed. AEW being successful may eventually cause a reform of how WWE presents its product. NXT being successful over AEW won't accomplish that.

People want WWE to perform well but apart from the Takeovers, they generally don't. AEW are much more consistent.

Id love AEW to go head to head with Raw.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,106 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

beakerjoe wrote: »
    Id love AEW to go head to head with Raw.

TNA got giddy and thought they could go head to head with Raw 10 years ago. They packed it in and went back to Thursday less than 2 months later.

If AEW are smart they will stick with Wednesdays and beating NXT 99% of the time until they get bigger or NXT is withdrawn.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,635 ✭✭✭RollieFingers

That was a really good episode of Dark, Schiavone calling MJF a little prick might be the highlight for me, Tony has been class in AEW.

Rey Fenix might be the most creative wrestler active today, that sit-out Muscle Buster Bomb was a thing of beauty.

The Gunn Club are now 4-0, could a title shot be on the horizon for them?

The package for Scorpio Sky was really well done, looking forward to him against Cody and the Tag Team appreciation night later on Dynamite.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Would've preferred TH2 to go over the Natural Nightmares but glad to see The Butcher and Blade get some momentum. Butcher is so different.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,106 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

The finished TNT title.

FRiGeId.jpg

Blergh.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Much better. I like the subtle AEW logo centre top.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,060 ✭✭✭ThePott

Better but still not great imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

Still not feeling it but I’ll wait to see it tonight may be bad photos

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,000 ✭✭✭✭Neil3030

Matt Jackson is probably the worst thing about AEW.

The booker hitting double clotheslines on men bigger than him is just pathetic.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,317 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

MJF is just that good.

:(:(:(:( Internet died during the MJF promo

Mike Chioda is All Elite :)

Cody The Prince of Pro Wrestling as JR say that's one hell of a marketing term.

No promo package before the match, straight to the dark order afterwards, constant mentions that this is basically Cody's part time job.

Safe to say they have no plans for Sky.

Ricky took the spiked piledriver like the legend he is.

Overall, a disappointing show.

Way too many things happened at once - tag team appreciation night, the Sky / Cody match, the FTR heel turn, Cassidy going over Jericho, MJF getting come-uppance... one or at most two of those things are all you need for the weekly TV show, for any of them to actually have meaning.

The Cody vs Sky match was the biggest disappointment. The match itself was fine, and I'd like to see them in a rematch, but Cody going over clean and then the quick movement onto the Brodie promo was about as bad an outcome as you could do with Sky. He kicked out of the Crossroads but where does he go now?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,750 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Neil3030 wrote: »
    Overall, a disappointing show.

Way too many things happened at once - tag team appreciation night, the Sky / Cody match, the FTR heel turn, Cassidy going over Jericho, MJF getting come-uppance... one or at most two of those things are all you need for the weekly TV show, for any of them to actually have meaning.

The Cody vs Sky match was the biggest disappointment. The match itself was fine, and I'd like to see them in a rematch, but Cody going over clean and then the quick movement onto the Brodie promo was about as bad an outcome as you could do with Sky. He kicked out of the Crossroads but where does he go now?

The problem with AEW is they’re so focused on beating NXT in the ratings they stack their Card and have so much going on in order to keep the fans from switching over that they lose a bit of storytelling because of it.

This week should have been the making of Sky but again it felt like it was all a setup for a Brody Cody match. It diminishes his fight against Cody. They should have left the match breathe after wards and start the brody build next week.

AEW is already established they can slow down now and they will still comfortably beat NXT.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭Cherry_Cola

Show was only okay overall. Definitely trying to cram too much into it alright and the absolute hack of Jericho. The ending to the match was so awkward.

The Lance Archer promos have been great but want to see him in the ring again, been a while now it seems.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,830 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

So they were saying the TNT title was unfinished but then Brodie has it while Cody has a different one?

Maybe it's because I skipped through but what's happening in the coming weeks? they have a special episode airing on the 22nd to try and get some of the Playoffs viewers. And they say All Out is on September 5th but then they advertise All Out Part 1 next Wednesday?

• Advertisement

CastorTroy wrote: »
    And they say All Out is on September 5th but then they advertise All Out Part 1 next Wednesday?
    It's last years All Out they're showing.
    Not a great Dynamite at all tbh, worst in a while.

I really don't know if many people have benefitted from the Cody open challenge matches, don't feel it's done much to give any talent a rub. Aside from Eddie Kingston but his promo was one of the highlights if we're honest.
    The Lance Archer segment was odd with him having written on Jake the Snake, that's just kinda weird and goofy.
    The tag appreciation night was pretty arbitrary and the segment with the legends was a bit long.
    It's also really starting to seem like AEW are adverse to giving their female talent a story. It seems like none of the Women's champions have had anything of substance to do as champ and that in general they rarely get stories, it's a real failure on their part imo.

Enjoyed the MJF/Moxley segment and the Jericho/Cassidy match was okay even though the ending was pretty sloppy and lacklustre.

Next episode is a Saturday on the 22nd, not sure if they did enough to get people to tune into it then but we'll see.

CastorTroy wrote: »
    So they were saying the TNT title was unfinished but then Brodie has it while Cody has a different one?

Maybe it's because I skipped through but what's happening in the coming weeks? they have a special episode airing on the 22nd to try and get some of the Playoffs viewers. And they say All Out is on September 5th but then they advertise All Out Part 1 next Wednesday?

Yeah they really do struggle to communicate basic information at times.

If I recall correctly, Brodie mentioned the Saturday 22nd Dynamite show in his promo before any of the announcers had informed us of the schedule change. If I hadn't read on here about the next few shows moving, I would have been very confused.

Also, they very clumsily mentioned that the All Out Part 1 airing on YouTube next Wednesday is LAST YEAR'S ppv. Didn't even have 2019 written anywhere in the graphic.

Ah, OK. So when would part 2 be? Is the following week's episode on the 29th?

I agree about the women. They have that tag tournament but is there a number 1 contender for the title a few weeks out?
    Only story for the women is Britt Baker and the heinous conspiracy against her.

I can't remember the last time I use "heinous" outside referencing Bill & Ted

• Registered Users Posts: 679 ✭✭✭daithi1989

Maybe last night was a bad example to go by, but decided to watch the Jericho v Cassidy match to see all the Hype bout Cassidy.

And thats all it appears to be - hype! If a Raw/SD match ended like that, it would be criticised for the wk.

The Piledriver on The Rock n Roll Express was very well done though.

Is the women's division still booked by Omega?

Yeah, that Jericho/Cassidy ending looked botched. He didn't get the full pin and there was no reason Jericho couldn't have got out of it. Would think with Jericho involved, he would have kicked out and redone the ending to make it look better

The mousetrap pin looks very awkward as the bodies seem to go the wrong way at first and its one Orange used before AEW.

Here it is being demo'ed.

Yeah have seen it before, but think for someone Cassidy's size, Jericho was too, um, broad.

Jericho was off in that match in general, was a bit of a sloppy showing.
    I know people are pointing to the women's tag tournament as them 'doing something' with their women's roster. If we're honest though by virtue of the fact it's on youtube they're putting it on a lesser level than their usual programming and that's not even commenting on how the women's roster is presented on Dynamite. The only talent who has had much of a story is Britt Baker and she's injured anyway. It just feels like the tournament was thrown together as if to say, "See, we are using our women's roster!"

You're telling me on Tag Appreciation Night of all Nights you can't put a Women's tag match from the tag tournament on TV? GTFOH.
    I just think it's one of the more glaring shortfalls AEW have and despite being called on it have done little to address it.
    daithi1989 wrote: »
    Maybe last night was a bad example to go by, but decided to watch the Jericho v Cassidy match to see all the Hype bout Cassidy.
    Honestly, if you want a good match to see if you're into Orange Cassidy you should check out B-Cool vs Orange Cassidy from OTT Fifth Year Anniversary. Hot crowd, not much story to invest in before hand and gives you a good idea of what OC is. Fantastic match!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

They should of had the final of the women’s tag on tag team appreciation seems a no brainier

Advertisement