Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish Racing-Corrupt?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,092 ✭✭✭The Tetrarch

"He added that the rider was very inexperienced".
    The jockey was riding Batcio for the 11th time, having covered more than 22 miles in races on Batcio, and had won on Batcio previously. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Shemale

"this horse was purchased to give the rider some fun and enjoyment"

Leave him ride the horse at Dollymount so, he can have all the fun he wants there.

42 day ban for the horse, the real non trier of the piece, nonsense.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,380 ✭✭✭STB.

Happy4all wrote: »
    Surprised no one picked up on this. Walsh being on the PP payroll is just blatantly wrong.

No other sport would allow it.

A far bigger issue for me is the blatant ownership of horses by bookmakers. The other is that trainers can have open trading accounts with betting firms.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,645 ✭✭✭paddy no 11

STB. wrote: »
    A far bigger issue for me is the blatant ownership of horses by bookmakers. The other is that trainers can have open trading accounts with betting firms.

What horses!!? Will take a PM if illegal to post up

• Registered Users Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

Would be interested to know myself.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,722 ✭✭✭posturingpat

Gringo180 wrote: »

Luke Mc Mahon,Aubrey's dad. Rich Ricci. Paddy power.

Gringo180 wrote: »

Well if I start naming names, someone might think I am making accusations about horses not being run to their merits for betting purposes, so I wont. Many are known and I personally think that anyone involved in betting shouldn't have horses.

Are there also horses being run in a name that is not the owner for odds purposes ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭Andrew00

STB. wrote: »
    Well if I start naming names, someone might think I am making accusations about horses not being run to their merits for betting purposes, so I wont. Many are known and I personally think that anyone involved in betting shouldn't have horses.

Are there also horses being run in a name that is not the owner for odds purposes ?

Remember this https://www.attheraces.com/news/2017/July/27/drama-at-yarmouth-as-impostor-wins-wrong-race-at-odds-of-50-1

• Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Shemale

Andrew00 wrote: »

Jesus, I never knew it was left there.

Sounded like he was blaming the jockey who was rushing but the lass took the horse out of its stable for saddling.

Andrew00 wrote: »

That would seem like a genuine mistake. I am sure the chips are checked before they race now!

This was one of the worst I have seen as this guy got to keep his licence. Again its in the UK, but it exposes the relationships that should not exist

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2017/nov/29/trainer-david-evans-ladbrokes-non-runner-tip

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

No jockey or trainer should be on the payroll of a bookie. Scandalous.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭Andrew00

Rancid

Advertisement