Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Virgin at 26 - Any tips ?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 624 ✭✭✭heretothere

BBFAN wrote: »
    A 3 months wait in this day and age is huge, just the way things are.

Do you think so? I'm 30 and would have thought that was a standard wait maybe I'm getting old!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,228 ✭✭✭BBFAN

Do you think so? I'm 30 and would have thought that was a standard wait maybe I'm getting old!

Jesus, I'm a lot older and I would say the standard is 3 dates not 3 months!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 193 ✭✭Sonic Youth

These days the standard wait is until 3am on saturday night...but I digress, as for the op, well barring any major physical deformities, your problem is most likely that you are a boring, introverted nice guy who sits quietly in the corner.

In other words women don't view you in a sexual way. You need to become a confident, out going charming guy, a man who is not afraid to make his intentions clear.

How do you do this? First by getting your look together, gym, a haircut that works for you and decent clothes. Next by getting out and doing cool things so you have something interesting to talk about. And finally by approaching women, figuring out what works, getting rejected and learning.

Maybe what I said sounds harsh but I think it's what you need to hear. You aren't Leonard in the Big Bang Theory, the hot blonde across the hallway won't drag you into her room and ride you.

Seriously though, if you follow the 'just be yourself' advice you've been given here then you'll be a virgin for a long time yet.

Good luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 745 ✭✭✭vectorvictor

Meaningless for first time is no harm. If it's crap it's crap and you won't see them again. So without sounding crass get some practice in.

The whole "respect yourself and wait for the right person" thing sounds lovely but it's just not the way life works unless you are living in the dark ages especially if you have a need that needs fulfilling

If you are worried about performance then talk to your doctor. ED meds will help stop you worrying about performance until you get comfortable. Just don't become reliant on them but they do help especially early into new relationships or for one nighters. And DONT get them from your friends/online etc... Your doc will only give them to you if needed i.e. medical/performance anxiety etc and there's a reason for that

Advertisement