Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What Games Have You Completed? (2019 Edition)

12346»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

Phantom Pain above reminded me about Shadow of the Tomb Raider and the DLC I never played. I played the main game when it was released and also got the season pass but just left the game after I 100% it.(in my defense the DLC was not released then) So earlier today I decided to play the DLC. I also noticed they fixed the screen tearing that was present when I was playing it buttery smooth now at 4k HDR on Xbox One X.

[Xbox One]

Shadow of The Tomb Raider (DLC)

The Forge

The Pillar

The nightmare

More of the same a mission and a tomb in each of the above. I am actually really enjoying it so much that I am playing the rest of the other DLC after I type this.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,827 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Game: Contra: Hard Corps
    Platform: SEGA Mega Drive

Played this via my Mega Drive Mini. I stuck on the Japanese version so I have no idea what ending I got. I just flew through it - took me about half an hour.

Very hectic shoot 'em up, which isn't my style of genre, but I enjoyed this one somehow. Maybe it's because the JP version lets you play with unlimited continues, because I must've lost about 40 lives or thereabouts.

This, and Gunstar Heroes were the only shmups I've really gotten a kick out of playing.

2019 Games Beaten So Far
    GAME|PLATFORM
    SPYRO THE DRAGON|PLAYSTATION 4
    OUTRUN (SEGA AGES)|NINTENDO SWITCH
    DETROIT: BECOME HUMAN|PLAYSTATION 4
    RESIDENT EVIL 2|PLAYSTATION 4
    SUPER MARIO BROS.|NES
    FIFA 17|PLAYSTATION 4
    FIFA 18|PLAYSTATION 4
    CASTLEVANIA II: SIMON'S QUEST (REDACTED)|NES
    CASTLEVANIA III: DRACULA'S CURSE|NES
    FLASHBACK: 25TH ANNIVERSARY EDITION|PLAYSTATION 4
    FIFA 19|PLAYSTATION 4
    STREETS OF RAGE 2 (SEGA MD CLASSICS)|NINTENDO SWITCH
    MORTAL KOMBAT 11|PLAYSTATION 4
    THE MESSENGER|NINTENDO SWITCH
    ORI AND THE BLIND FOREST|XBOX ONE
    SHAKEDOWN: HAWAII|NINTENDO SWITCH
    CELESTE|NINTENDO SWITCH
    SPEC OPS: THE LINE|PC
    TETRIS EFFECT|PLAYSTATION 4
    GRAND THEFT AUTO: LIBERTY CITY STORIES|PLAYSTATION 2
    GRAND THEFT AUTO: VICE CITY STORIES|PLAYSTATION 2
    INSIDE|PLAYSTATION 4
    LIMBO|NINTENDO SWITCH
    A WAY OUT|PLAYSTATION 4
    METAL GEAR SOLID 2: SONS OF LIBERTY|PLAYSTATION 3
    GUNSTAR HEROES (SEGA MD CLASSICS)|NINTENDO SWITCH
    METAL GEAR SOLID 3: SNAKE EATER|PLAYSTATION 3
    METAL GEAR SOLID 4: GUNS OF THE PATRIOTS|PLAYSTATION 3
    METAL GEAR SOLID|PLAYSTATION
    METAL GEAR SOLID: THE TWIN SNAKES|NINTENDO GAMECUBE
    DOOM (93)|PLAYSTATION 4
    GOLDEN AXE|SEGA MEGA DRIVE
    STREETS OF RAGE 2|SEGA MEGA DRIVE
    GEARS OF WAR 4|PC
    FORBIDDEN SIREN 2|PLAYSTATION 2
    THE OUTER WORLDS|PLAYSTATION 4
    DEATH STRANDING|PLAYSTATION 4
    CONTRA: HARD CORPS|SEGA MEGA DRIVE

You've only 5 continues on western version and it's one hit kill so it's much, much harder.

For me it's my favourite contra game. Worth playing for the other endings as there's loads of extra bosses And areas and also there's a secret area with new bosses and a joke ending.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

[Xbox One]

Shadow of the Tomb Raider (DLC)

The Price of Survival

The Serpent’s Heart

The Grand Caiman

The Path Home

More of the same story side missions and a tomb.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,627 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    You've only 5 continues on western version and it's one hit kill so it's much, much harder.

Which is precisely why I went for that JP version :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 903 ✭✭✭da gamer

Battlefield V - PS4
    Spyro - PS4
    Red faction - PS4
    Yakuza zero - PS4
    Dmc 5 - PS4
    Resident evil 2 - PS4
    Shadow warrior - PS4
    Red dead redemption 2 - PS4
    Fifa 19 - PS4
    Life is strange - PS4
    Split Second - Xbox 360
    Tomb raider legend - Xbox 360
    Soma - PS4
    Turok - Xbox one
    Spiderman - PS4
    Metro exodus - PS4
    Fifa 19 - Switch
    Ghostbusters remastered - PS4
    Outlast - PS4
    Doom 1 - Switch
    Resident evil revelations 2 - PS4
    World of illusion - Mega drive
    Call of duty modern warfare - PS4

Gears of War 5 - Xbox one

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,716 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

I’m the complete opposite to ‘euros per hour’ when it comes to evaluating worth - obviously I don’t want to get ripped off, but that rarely if ever happens and it’s extremely uncommon for me to walk away from a game feeling like I was shortchanged, regardless of price. Short games like Sayonara Wild Hearts and a Short Hike were worth every cent of full price (and digital means most games are priced fairly when they’re released anyway). I’d go as far as to say the tendency of developers to try to provide ‘value for money’ in terms of volumes of content more often than not leads to bloated games and poor design choices. Couldn’t count the number of games I think would be stronger if they cut the redundant side quests, repetition, collectibles, optional objectives etc... That’s just me, of course, but it’s a reason I stay well clear of ‘games as services’, most open world timesinks (barring those that do something novel), and time-consuming (MMO)RPGs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,627 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

2020 Thread is Now Up.

Click Here

• Registered Users Posts: 3,594 ✭✭✭Mal-Adjusted

Totally forgot about these threads, mostly because i finished F all games last year but i know i'm going to go back over them again so i might as well put mine up

Gears of War: Judgment (XBOX 360)

Call of Cthulhu (XBOX ONE)

Halo Wars 2 (XBOX ONE)

Dead or Alive 6 (XBOX ONE)

The awesome adventures of Captain Spirit (XBOX ONE)

Fighting Vipers (SATURN)

SSX 3 (XBOX)

Vampyr (XBOX ONE)

Medal of Honour: Frontline (XBOX)

Torino 2006 (XBOX)

Her Story (PC)

Advertisement