Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Saturday 29h December

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 636 ✭✭✭Angliru

Give the boy fences for f*cks sake

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 71 ✭✭OsmosisJ

Samcro is a myth, **** race he won a Cheltenham and I guarantee he won't be any better over fences

• Registered Users Posts: 5,681 ✭✭✭BumperD

BumperD wrote: »
    Between supasundae and sharja for me but I don’t have a strong view.

Ha didn’t have a cent on

• Registered Users Posts: 314 ✭✭ON ZEE BRIDLE

Ltown really is a punters graveyard, between Ruby falling and Mullins second string shenanigans, small stakes the way to go

Gallant Joe nice ew price 8/1 here, could be well hcapped

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Shemale

Anyone see the bit on Dr McGoldrick retiring and they did the presentation, Ruby has a head like a slapped arse and has a look at the RTE camera sees it's not on him and stern face stays and then spys the photographers and then slowly paints a fake smile on him.

He is a horrible greedy **** shemale and im being generous cus its Xmas

Gallant Joe second so small profit.Have to take the Mullins jolly on in the bumper, Meticulous won well in Killarney so will back him to win 5/4

• Registered Users Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭HarshOstrich

Castlenorth was out for a nice spin in the limerick countryside there, that place is ridiculous, if your not prominent your screwed, can’t understand how jockeys who are on horses prominent in the betting are happy to get a starting position at the back of the field.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,838 ✭✭✭Nulty

So many races were run slowly at this festival.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

BumperD wrote: »
    Ha didn’t have a cent on

I admire your honestly.

I on the other hand went through the card!

Samcro eh. They've ruined him.

He seems goosed for sure. Sharja will have to lineup March but that’s a very long season

• Registered Users Posts: 4,219 ✭✭✭tipptom

Castlenorth was out for a nice spin in the limerick countryside there, that place is ridiculous, if your not prominent your screwed, can’t understand how jockeys who are on horses prominent in the betting are happy to get a starting position at the back of the field.

Looks like the plan was to try and settle it out the back as it seems a hard puller,couldnt settle it and it all turned to sh*t turning in.

Maybe Paddy gave him his riding instructions as he rode the talking horse Mt Leinster in a similar fashion at Leopardstown.

Hydes should probably have won that Limerick bumper with a stronger jockey.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭Andrew00

This is the worst National Hunt season in terms of quality for a long long time.

No superstars (bar Altior), lots of big races being won by absolute dogs

• Closed Accounts Posts: 636 ✭✭✭Angliru

There's definitely been a lack of eye catching performances from the big dogs. Thistlecrack has been a breath of fresh air in returning to good form, it sickens me to think what the horse could have achieved if he stayed healthy 2 years ago. Apples Jade is having a fine term too. But far too many not firing at all. Even the novices are underwhelming. The novices from last year are struggling now, God only knows how bad this years crop will be next year. Battleoverdoyen looks like it might have something but you cannot judge it yet.

Some good news regarding Samcro:
    DvmreX0WsAANc8x.jpg

I don't see why they'd put him away for the year. If they still want to be stubborn then throw him into the stayers this year and let Apples Jade go to the Champion Hurdle considering how weak it looks again this year and hope Buvuer D'Air is out of sorts like he was this March. Samcro is only a month younger than Apples Jade, they can't afford putting him away for a year.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,172 ✭✭✭NaiveMelodies

They can easily be patient, have a wide array of festival horses and will put him away if thats what they feel is best.
    The way he's found very little off the bridle this season suggests the obvious answer isn't fences and that there might be an underlying issue or just isn't very good.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,453 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

Angliru wrote: »
    Some good news regarding Samcro:
    DvmreX0WsAANc8x.jpg

I don't see why they'd put him away for the year. If they still want to be stubborn then throw him into the stayers this year and let Apples Jade go to the Champion Hurdle considering how weak it looks again this year and hope Buvuer D'Air is out of sorts like he was this March. Samcro is only a month younger than Apples Jade, they can't afford putting him away for a year.
    Watched the replay a couple of times, horse travelled great, jumped hurdles just fine, but found nothing when put to the test against genuinely speedy two milers. If Downroyal was the warning, then the Fighting Fifth should have confirmed that this horse needed to run over 2 and a 1/2 miles at least, like it did when winning the Ballymore last year. I have no doubt that it's Eddie's and Michael's doing that this horse has went down the Champion Hurdle route. Clearly the horse is a square peg in a round hole but I don't necessarily see how putting it over fences is going to lead to improvement.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭RivetingRoger

So.....

Beni to represent WPM in mares alongside maybe Limini
    Laurina to go CH with real chance along with melon (sharjah surely unlikely given its running for months already)
    AJ to chance CH also now maybe with Samcro SURELY pulled
    Supasundae to stay at 2m

Make sense?????

• Registered Users Posts: 1,005 ✭✭✭EICVD

So.....

Laurina to go CH with real chance along with melon (sharjah surely unlikely given its running for months already)
    Supasundae to stay at 2m

Make sense?????

Surely you’ve got to let Sharjah take his chance after winning the Morgiana & today. Give him a break & not run again until March.

EICVD wrote: »
    Surely you’ve got to let Sharjah take his chance after winning the Morgiana & today. Give him a break & not run again until March.

I agree, I was considering backing him last night but when I saw Patrick on him it threw me, I know Townend was in limerick but I taught if they actually fancied him they would have put a senior jockey on him, but he was so impressive and will continue to be under estimated, if ruby chooses Laurina at Cheltenham I will go Sharjah.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,133 ✭✭✭akelly02

Watched the replay a couple of times, horse travelled great, jumped hurdles just fine, but found nothing when put to the test against genuinely speedy two milers. If Downroyal was the warning, then the Fighting Fifth should have confirmed that this horse needed to run over 2 and a 1/2 miles at least, like it did when winning the Ballymore last year. I have no doubt that it's Eddie's and Michael's doing that this horse has went down the Champion Hurdle route. Clearly the horse is a square peg in a round hole but I don't necessarily see how putting it over fences is going to lead to improvement.

Needing further or not if he couldn’t battle past tombstone there is something wrong. That run was a step down from Newcastle not up

• Registered Users Posts: 3,133 ✭✭✭akelly02

So.....

Supasundae to stay at 2m

Make sense?????

Limini for the glue factory and nowhere else . Hound of a thing

After rewatching the race again it looked to me like Samcro spat the dummy out once he couldn’t go with Sharjah and just gave up, temperament issue I think but he probably can’t run any faster and has a pain in his hoop being asked to do what’s impossible for him,world hurdle would be the spot for him.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭prettyboy81

If Samcro is not careful O’Leary will have him in the Glue factory. The sense of disappointment was tangible with the horse. Joking aside, no harm in running him in a G1 3 mile hurdle before Cheltenham to see how he performs before writing the season off. Unless, they find something from tests over next couple of days or weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 823 ✭✭✭Kauto

Complete nonsense above. 99per cent of NH horses don't quicken over any distance at the end of races. Samcro travelled better than anything into the straight. Clearly there is something amiss with the horse.
    The way the horse is running at the minute, he would be beaten further if he went up in trip. A waste of a season and best to draw stumps now and try get him right.

• Registered Users Posts: 503 ✭✭✭dk6dk6

I think next years Cheltenham is going to be one of the worst quality wise in living memory. It’s been a very poor NH season so far imo.

Been piss poor so far, the only real bankers are Altior and Apples Jade , all the rest of the races are wide open

• Registered Users Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭longshotvalue

Been piss poor so far, the only real bankers are Altior and Apples Jade , all the rest of the races are wide open

There is never more than 2 bankers anyway .. it's always wide open , and so it should be .

dk6dk6 wrote: »
    I think next years Cheltenham is going to be one of the worst quality wise in living memory. It’s been a very poor NH season so far imo.

Do you think the ground, some still with firm in it in December, has had an impact on the season

• Advertisement
Advertisement