Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Whey Protein

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭positron

Not exactly what you asked for but there's always this:

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin//showthread.php?t=2055992322

• Registered Users Posts: 14,240 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

positron wrote: »
    Not exactly what you asked for but there's always this:

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin//showthread.php?t=2055992322

cheers, yeah I've made my own a few times, probably better off

• Registered Users Posts: 868 ✭✭✭carq

Half price sale on in Holland and Barrett too for some ranges of Optimum nutrition lean - arguably the best brand out there for quality ingredients.

Can get 900 g for 20 euro

• Registered Users Posts: 5,488 ✭✭✭obi604

carq wrote: »
    Half price sale on in Holland and Barrett too for some ranges of Optimum nutrition lean - arguably the best brand out there for quality ingredients.

Can get 900 g for 20 euro

Have you a link to the product?
    Not sure if it’s whey protein or something else

• Registered Users Posts: 868 ✭✭✭carq

• Advertisement

Use and benefits of whey protein is debatable to some, but ignoring that for a moment - whey protein prices has been going up over the last few years for some reason.

Apart from the occasional deals and pricing mistakes from Amazon, it's usually around 20 euro per kg from almost all most sources (Amazon, MyProtein etc). Even Aldi and Lidl stock Whey Protein and they are also around 20 euro mark per kilo.

So I was pleasantly surprised to see Dunnes Stores has whey protein for €15 per kilo - a local brand called ROS Nutrition, some local endorsements. Comes in couple of flavors on the shelf (strawberry, vanilla, chocolate).

If you see any other decent whey protein deals, please share!!

PS: Dunnes appears cheaper than ROS nutrition's own website.

Just popped in to Dunnes earlier. I notice the same ROS whey protein has gone up a lot in price. 19.49 Euro now versus 15 a few days ago.

Ah sh1te, they must have seen this thread!! :/

Ah sh1te, they must have seen this thread!! :/

Yeah. Fair hike of 33% too.

Holland and Barretts inside Tesco have half price deal going on certain flavours of USN. At 21 euro a kilo it's not really a half price deal but that's now (temporarily) comparable to Dunnes, Aldi etc.

Sci-Mx UK has some deals at the moment - ~900 grams for £8, 2.1kg for £15. Shipping to Ireland is another £10 though.

https://www.sci-mx.co.uk/shop/whey-protein/whey-plus-hardcore

Not sure if Sci-Mx Ireland has similar deals.

• Advertisement

Argos has PHD whey on half price deal - small amount of stock around the country. Between 11-14 euro for the usual 900g-1kg packs.

https://www.argos.ie/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/Search?storeId=10152&catalogId=14551&langId=111&searchTerms=PHD+WHEY&authToken=340331381%252cpIGUHeawCXCWkDAVditgUlNvVR8%253d

obi604 wrote: »
    Just popped in to Dunnes earlier. I notice the same ROS whey protein has gone up a lot in price. 19.49 Euro now versus 15 a few days ago.

I don't often go to Dunnes, but noticed yesterday that it's €15 on the shelf.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭from_atozinc

what a decent price per KG of standard whey now?

Prices seem to have increased a bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,074 ✭✭✭JohnnyChimpo

what a decent price per KG of standard whey now?

Prices seem to have increased a bit.

Just got 5kg of MyProtein whey (Chocolate Smooth) for 55 inc. delivery - wouldn't pay much more than that tbh (and their quality is better than Bulkpowders)

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,470 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Just got 5kg of MyProtein whey (Chocolate Smooth) for 55 inc. delivery - wouldn't pay much more than that tbh (and their quality is better than Bulkpowders)

5kg for €55 is good.
    It’s €95 for the same on Bulk Powders!

Have you got a link?

is it that bit cheaper cause chocolate smooth is not in high demand?

I can get 5kg on Ros nutrition for 65 euro, too dear is it?

When I went onto their site, it was 95 Sterling.

I personally never buy chocolate myself, chocolate peanut from bulk powders is my choice.

Anyone want a referral link for bulk powders, let me know. Free stuff for both of us.

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭sheriff2

Any bargains at the moment for Whey Protein and / or weight gainer?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,074 ✭✭✭JohnnyChimpo

I think it's their most popular flavour, it's definitely the nicest of all the ones I've tried.

No links, I'd recommend just going to the site and signing up for the email. Most days you get an ad with some kind of discount, every few weeks you should be able to get 5kg of whey for 50-something and free delivery.

Their 6-layer bars are also v good, and I use the flavouring drops a lot.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,963 ✭✭✭TheMilkyPirate

MyProtein best around sign up for newsletter and only buy when they give you discount codes. Which is all the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭sheriff2

OmegaGene wrote: »
    https://www.myprotein.ie/

Check out this site they have a % scale sale depending on your spend and if you want a referral code let me know

that link is not a referral link btw i just happened to have the page open so i copy and pasted the link

Cheers, i see they offer discounts using code "MORE", if your referral offers another discount please pass on.

https://www.myprotein.ie/

Check out this site they have a % scale sale depending on your spend and if you want a referral code let me know

that link is not a referral link btw i just happened to have the page open so i copy and pasted the link
    I think it's their most popular flavour, it's definitely the nicest of all the ones I've tried.

No links, I'd recommend just going to the site and signing up for the email. Most days you get an ad with some kind of discount, every few weeks you should be able to get 5kg of whey for 50-something and free delivery.

Their 6-layer bars are also v good, and I use the flavouring drops a lot.

Post up a referral code.
    Might as well get you guys something if I’m ordering anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭anacc

Anybody know the best value 100% whey isolate powder?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,811 ✭✭✭Alkers

Pm me if you want to use my referral code

Do these only work if you haven't ordered from them before?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

The amount of spam these guys send is unreal. I only signed up on Friday and have got an email every single day since. Not one of them had a discount code that wasn't available on the site anyway without having to put up with the bombardment of emails.

Unsubscribe is a handy option

I did! I never usually sign up for any sort of emails whenever I'm creating an account anyway, but did so this time based on the below post:
    MyProtein best around sign up for newsletter and only buy when they give you discount codes. Which is all the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

Who delivers for my protein in Ireland? Have an order on way ATM.

Lucas Hood wrote: »
    Who delivers for my protein in Ireland? Have an order on way ATM.

Looks like Fastway. Clicking on further tracking brings you to their website.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

Yeah was fastway. Was here late morning.

Pretty quick.

Advertisement