Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Thursday December 27

Options
  • 26-12-2018 7:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,681 ✭✭✭

Leopardstown, Kempton, Wetherby, Chepstow, Limerick and Wolverhampton.

Fancy Viex Lion Rouge in the Welsh National 14/1. Ran a cracker last time out in the Beecher Chase after wind surgery , coming from a mile back, runs off same mark tomorrow

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

Bloody awful racing tomorrow.

Folsom Bleu the only bet for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭bludcrazetiger

castlegrace paddy 10/1
    da name escapes me 8/1 (although I now prefer solomn grundy)
    Folsom blue 8/1

did this last night ew patent

• Registered Users Posts: 504 ✭✭✭ustari

Hoping Any Second Now runs a good race in the chase.

On the lookout for tickets for the 27th if anyone has the PP ones and isn't going, would be much appreciated.

Edit: Happy to donate €20 to a charity of your choice and send proof for each pair of tickets.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,761 ✭✭✭Motivator

ustari wrote: »
    Hoping Any Second Now runs a good race in the chase.

On the lookout for tickets for the 27th if anyone has the PP ones and isn't going, would be much appreciated.

Edit: Happy to donate €20 to a charity of your choice and send proof for each pair of tickets.

You could just buy a ****ing ticket

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Frankel7

Motivator wrote: »

Muppet.

• Advertisement

I could but see they are 35 euro, there seem to have been quite a few PP complimentary tickets sent out and thought I could donate to a charity if someone wasn't going to be using their PP tickets.

• Registered Users Posts: 314 ✭✭ON ZEE BRIDLE

I dont normally like backing a David Pipe horse but Vieux Lion Rouge should run well in the Welsh national 12/1, decent Ew chance

• Registered Users Posts: 17,963 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

On the Folsom Blue train too!

• Registered Users Posts: 563 ✭✭✭Buddy97mm

Agree with this. Was going to back in Beecher and delighted when he started falling away, but stayed on really strongly under tender handling. Stays well, has completed Aintree Grand National twice, should have no problems with going, and on good mark.

• Registered Users Posts: 553 ✭✭✭Andalucia

Da name escapes me - Jp loves this big handicap, with a bit of luck in running, this horse wins, still thrown in after his latest win

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭abarkie

Andalucia wrote: »
    Da name escapes me - Jp loves this big handicap, with a bit of luck in running, this horse wins, still thrown in after his latest win

Didn't Frank Berry tip it today on RTE?

Not sure I would take that as a positive :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭longshotvalue

3:00 leop
    Arkwrisht is going to win one of these and was running well last time until a mistake in a similar race . 33/1 is value we're sure to get a good run for our money .
    2 points ew 6 places 33/1 Boyle . 6 places 365 30/1

• Registered Users Posts: 2,214 ✭✭✭mattser

I could but see they are 35 euro, there seem to have been quite a few PP complimentary tickets sent out and thought I could donate to a charity if someone wasn't going to be using their PP tickets.

You're right ustari. Should be free in to these festivals.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,838 ✭✭✭Nulty

Already backed Folsom Blue and Baie Des Isle in the Welsh National. Was going to back Dawson City at 33/1 if the ground was slower but can't consider it at current price. There are many chances.

Also backed Any Second Now weeks ago for the Paddy Power.

Done an eachway double on the both of them @ 116/1

mattser wrote: »
    You're right ustari. Should be free in to these festivals.

Didn't say it should be free.

I think 35 euro admission is quite steep personally, added to the fact that there seem to have been tickets offered on here for this day from the PP offer. Thought I might have been able to kill two birds with one stone for someone that wasn't going. No big deal anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,838 ✭✭✭Nulty

I am tempted by Squouateur at 22/1+ in first time blinkers. He's clearly well handicapped and the headgear could be the thing that makes him click.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,761 ✭✭✭Motivator

I like Regal Flow in the Welsh National. He didn’t take to the National fences at Aintree last time out but he’s a guaranteed stayer and is a solid jumper over normal fences. This race is usually a slog and he’ll love a battle but he’d probably want it as soft as it can get so if rain arrives it would only help him. He won the Midlands National in Uttoxeter last season under the same jockey today and they’ve a great record together. This has been the plan for a long time for the horse and he’s a great ew bet at 25/1.

Poor enough racing tomorrow, Footpad probably the only thing I’ll end up backing at Leopardstown.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,219 ✭✭✭Goldcupfav

Two for tomorrow
    1.00 limerick lady ischia.
    3.10 Wolverhampton Claire Underwood

• Registered Users Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

Squouateur less Geraghty is interesting.
    Also the top one of Gigginstown.

Small each way on those and that's it for the day for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭mohican22

Goldcupfav wrote: »
    Two for tomorrow

I ask as I always stand up and take notice are these info or carefully selected?
    Have had a detailed look at both Lady Ischia decent bumper form could be too good for them if trying.
    The Fahey is really interesting and will defo be having a strong each way bet on that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,172 ✭✭✭NaiveMelodies

Western Boy has a right chance in the 2.25 and I think Castlegrace Paddys price is wrong.
    Footpad odds against suggests they aren't happy with him I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,452 ✭✭✭droidman123

Yala enki in the welsh national e/w for me today 18/1

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭mohican22

Goldcupfav wrote: »
    Two for tomorrow

Big gamble underway on Cool Saint 1:00 Limerick

• Registered Users Posts: 5,380 ✭✭✭STB.

Dont Kick nor bite N/R

Fancy Ramses De Teilee in the Welsh National. 12/1 Formerly with Colin Bowe in Kiltealy, and unbeaten at the track in his last 3 jaunts chasing. Probably stays longer than the mother in law.

2:50 Welsh National
    Holly Bush Henry is a young horse in form that loves soft ground and looked last time as if a further step up in trip would suit. I think he is a big price here and is very consistent of around this mark in good races.
    1 Pt EW 33/1 7 places sky 6 places others

Leop 3:00
    Scoir Mear has been a frustrating horse for many, but i think he might be value now. The step up in trip will suit and he is of a nice low weight here. Im sure he'll be involved in the finish and 28/1 with 7 places if value.
    1 Point EW 7 places 28/1 paddy

• Registered Users Posts: 1,219 ✭✭✭Goldcupfav

mohican22 wrote: »
    I ask as I always stand up and take notice are these info or carefully selected?
    Have had a detailed look at both Lady Ischia decent bumper form could be too good for them if trying.
    The Fahey is really interesting and will defo be having a strong each way bet on that.

Have been told by very good sources to back both today. Both now decent ew prices

• Registered Users Posts: 1,645 ✭✭✭paddy no 11

Is there any difference between a beginner's chase and a novice chase?

• Registered Users Posts: 680 ✭✭✭lemush

Winners can run in a novice under a penalty.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,452 ✭✭✭droidman123

Beginners chasers can never have won a chase under rules,a novice chase can have horses that have previously won but not after a certain date,april i think in the previous year

Advertisement