Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Echo Dot 3rd Gen - £29.99

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 958 ✭✭✭Stratvs

meathman0 wrote: »
    When you get news headlines is it the BBC or can it get the Irish headlines?

I asked Alexa for "daily news headlines" and she gave me RTE news without any prompt as to what service I wanted.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭mossy464

Anyone have a reservation code they are not using for Dublin or Cork? Last minute stocking filler.

EDIT: Got the heather grey one reserved in Cork for collection between 24th and 26th so will see if its ready to collect on 24th hopefully. Worth a shot.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,757 ✭✭✭cython

mossy464 wrote: »
    Anyone have a reservation code they are not using for Dublin or Cork? Last minute stocking filler.

EDIT: Got the heather grey one reserved in Cork for collection between 24th and 26th so will see if its ready to collect on 24th hopefully. Worth a shot.

Have one in SSG (I think the black/charcoal one) that I'm not going to be in to collect if any use to you? PM if you want the code.

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭audi02

mossy464 wrote: »

Mine was for collection the 24th but it was in yesterday for me. I didn't get an email or anything just went in and checked on an off chance it'd be in

• Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭meathman0

I have coffee for Blanchard's town black one, got one in Navan earlier, has to be collected today.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭LeakingLava

I have a black one for ilac and grey for liffey valley. Has to be collected today.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 july7812

meathman0 wrote: »
    I have coffee for Blanchard's town black one, got one in Navan earlier, has to be collected today.

Could I take this off you meathman?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,986 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

Ordered one but not in stock until Jan 22nd. I don't mind though I'm in no rush.
    I already have an Echo 2nd gen, whats the difference with these 3rd gen devices. Is it simply different look and slightly better hardware specs like louder speakers?

• Registered Users Posts: 407 ✭✭n!ghtmancometh

Few of these in heather gray in stock in ilac and Jervis Argos for 36.99 at the moment. 49.99 GBP on Amazon. Was sceptical about them, but had a play with the auld lads over Christmas and find them good value for music.

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭cs5

Hope yiz don’t mind me asking this here but why doesn’t the Echo play songs from my iTunes library? Have over 5k of songs on my iPhone/library but it won’t play them.

Also, for some reason ‘Alexa’ seems to think she’s in some country that is currently 22c and ‘sunny’ so she def doesn’t realise she’s in Dublin!

Alexa app showing ‘Dublin’

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 6,224 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sheep Shagger

cs5 wrote: »
    Hope yiz don’t mind me asking this here but why doesn’t the Echo play songs from my iTunes library? Have over 5k of songs on my iPhone/library but it won’t play them.

Also, for some reason ‘Alexa’ seems to think she’s in some country that is currently 22c and ‘sunny’ so she def doesn’t realise she’s in Dublin!

Alexa app showing ‘Dublin’

Probably because Amazon want to you to use their music service, not iTunes. You can’t use iTunes on google home either (they only support google play, YouTube premium and Spotify).

Apple have their own voice assistant option but it’s a lot dearer to buy the kit..

• Registered Users Posts: 12,440 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

Back down to £29.99 on Amazon today again, end of January for delivery. Had a play with some of my extended families 3rd Gen echo dot and a Google home device and I preferred the Alexa experience.

Advertisement