Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Goals for 2019?

1235»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 752 ✭✭✭Back in Black

What's another year!!
    Better set some goals for this year which are fairly straightforward - PB's at 5k, 10k and HM - Eh 1 out of 3 ain't bad :o

5K PB is 17:48 from Castlepollard in 2015. Realistically it will be the tail end of the year before I can get close - maybe Jingle Bells. Best I managed was 18:20 early on in the year when the focus was on the HM. Sickness in December scuppered the 5k plan but not too disappointed as the focus was on the HM.

HM - PB is 1:28:17 from Bohermeen in 2015. Would like to think I can dip under this in Bohermeen in March. Achieved in Galway with 1:27:02 and probably would have been under again in Clontarf. Pleased with performances in Half's this year and have turned the half into my new favourite distance to race!

10k - PB is 38:16 Run With Catherina 2016: Would like to have a good crack at this either in Dunshaughlin or the Race Series 10k. Missed Dunshaughlin and mucked up the Race Series but was never the focus this year

Club: Aim is to medal at 3,000 at T&F Counties and Masters Cross-country. Both achievable but obviously dependent on who shows up on the day. Achieved with a silver at Masters XCountry - missed the T&F for some reason this year

Other than that - hit 2,000miles for the year. If I hit that should be close to hitting all the other targets. 2,042.2 miles for the year - will take that

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,713 ✭✭✭MisterDrak

MisterDrak wrote: »
    Jesus, loads of Goals already...

Pretty much the same as last year, don't get injured, don't get injured....

As regards specifics :-

1. A few more foreign (outside Dublin) Parkrun's.
    2. Run at lease one of the above in under 20m.
    3. Raheny 5, anything around 36 and I will be delighted, given that the training at the moment is very patchy.
    4. Sub 69min 10Mile (Probably the Battle of Clontarf in April).
    5. Sub 1:33 half, the days of sub 1:30 are well and truly gone :(

6. DCM - the big question, initially I was just going to enjoy the run, but given that coach won the first DCM 40 years ago, most of the club will be running in October. Based on that, the training groups should be pretty strong, so ill see how things are in June. Ran 3:13 back in 2017, so 1 minute faster and id be delighted.

1. Did Swords and Fairview Parkruns, really foreign stuff there...
    2. I got down to 20:14 in June, and probably could have pushed on over the weeks following on from that but didn't.
    3. Raheny 5. Actually didn't get to run it as i was doing the race numbers and the goody bags after.
    4. Done. 68:40 in the Battle of clontarf in April. Was slower in the FD in July,
    5. Missed this one. 1:33:40 in Bohermeen, but that was down to the weather on the day, and 1:34 in the national, and that was down to an night out the night before.

6. DCM- Missed this by a mile. 3:24. Combination of factors really. Older and wiser, not a great training block, and 1.5 hours sleep the night before left me flat. Still happy that i ran it...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,643 ✭✭✭ThePiedPiper

I haven’t posted on these threads in years, so committing to it represents my improved attitude of late.

Marathon: Sub 3. Haven’t gone under 3 since 2:49 back in 2014. 2016 was me bottoming out, so I am pretty confident sub3 should be doable.

Half: Haven’t done a 1/2 marathon in 4 years, pb of 1:19 unlikely to be under threat, but hopefully 1:23-1:25 in RnR in August.

Consistent Mileage: This needs work. Monthly mileage target is 100 minimum, if I hit 150 for 3-4 consecutive months, I see big rewards.

5k or 3k: I’m willing to stick my neck out here and target a pb at one of these distances. 17:28 and 10:05 are soft, I’ve not had a pb at any distance since running all of them in 2013-14. Maybe Louth outdoor for the 3,000 or a suitably fast 5k somewhere.

Goal mileage for the year: 1,500
    I used to regularly do 1,500-1,900, that’s about the sweet spot for making gains, staying healthy and not taking away from family.

Marathon? Close but no cigar. Belfast - 3:01 or something after two or three downward adjustments on long course. Lanzarote- 3:06. Happy with effort in those and Monaghan was just for fun.

Half? Another fail. 1:27 and 1:28 in two races, wasn’t anywhere near race fitness for either.

Consistent mileage: Yes. Bar being sick in February and just about getting 100 miles in another couple of months, I did nicely, 150-200 miles in 4 out of 12 months is ok.

PB? No attempt at any

Mileage total - yes, just about.

Mixed bag when I put it down, but most importantly, I’d a very enjoyable year with running fitting around life fairly well.

Advertisement