Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Yulewolf - A Werewolf Christmas Carol PREGAME QUESTIONS THREAD

Options
  • 14-12-2018 2:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭

466972.JPG

Marley was dead, to begin with. There is no doubt whatever about that. The register of his burial was signed by the clergyman, the clerk, the undertaker, and the chief mourner. Scrooge signed it. And Scrooge’s name was good upon ‘Change for anything he chose to put his hand to. Old Marley was as dead as a doornail.....

But strange was the ether at the signing. Undoubtedly strange. The howling of the poor masses was a weather worn joke amongst those with means; but the howling of an evening since Marley passed was more desperate. More searching.

Scrooge wasn't one for superstition. That is a game for men with weaker minds, he thought as he walked the lonely dark walk from the signing back to his grand home.

Shadows flickered just out of sight, barely registering on the farthest reaches of his peripheral vision. Man or beast, he could not tell. 'Yond that, he cared not anyway, and carried on the same short tempered pace he had undertaken before such flickering shadows had forced themselves upon his world.

Scrooge reached his home and turned the ponderous key in the lock. Listening to the thud of the inner workings behind the keyhole as it allowed him access. Reassuring in its strength.

The door closed and Scrooge set about preparing himself for bed and the sleep that lay within. With Marley gone, the universe had crystallized into a very simple view for Scrooge. The world, it seems, was his for the taking. No matter what he had to do to gain advantage, no matter who stood in his way, the world was there for Scrooge to take. There are those who would stand in his way willfully to stop him, and those who endeavored for their own gains and by their own means, but Scrooge was never afraid to....eliminate....his competition.

Game Setup

There will be three teams in the game.
    1) The Village
    2) Scrooge & the evil spirits
    3) The Serial Killers

The goal will be for the evil spirits or serial killers to become the dominant evil faction, by gaining parity with the village and eliminating the other evil group; or in the case of the village, to eliminate all evil roles.

Teams
    1) The Village
    The village have a priest, interrogator, seer, vigilante and maybe some other roles as well.

2) Scrooge & The Evil Spirits
    Scrooge & the evil spirits have an alpha and a power blocker, and may be able to increase their numbers or risk their numbers being decreased, either by design or by accident.

3) The Serial Killers
    The serial killers work as a pair, unless absolutely necessary, and choose their kills each night. They appear as normal people most of the time, so will peek as good every second cycle.

Game Rules:
    1. Respect the mods: The decisions of the mods are final. Mods will not enter into discussion or arguments on thread about mechanics of the game. There will be a time for review and discussion after the game is complete. If you have any questions, please PM LoughC, Mrs Flushdraw and Pter, and we will respond as soon as possible.

2. Don't cheat: This is a game that relies heavily on the players having integrity. No PMing other players in the game, and no chat about the game outside of this game thread and designated back forum threads. Screen-shots, quoting from backroom threads or naming of rooms anyone may or may not have are NOT permitted.

3. Be active: Please all try to reasonably contribute to the game thread and always remember to get a vote in (for main lynch votes) as a minimum. The procedure for tied votes will be outlined on thread by mods if and when this happens. Failure to vote in the main vote so may result in you being substituted or your role removed from the game, whichever is more convenient to the mods, at the time. Substitution does not indicate any alignment or role. All players who are mod killed will be replaced if possible, but this decision will be made on a case by case basis. If you wish to be subbed, please PM the mods.

4. Game schedule: The game thread will open on Sunday the 16th of December. There will be no on thread actions before 10am on Monday the 17th December. (the first munch will take place at this time). There will be no tasks in the game thread.

5. Voting rules: The lynch form will be opened following the munch and players can vote until 08:59:59PM. You can change your vote as many times as you like, but only your last vote will count. Do not share your vote form password with anyone else. All votes for the lynch have to be made by yourself.

6. Lynch rules: The votes will be published as soon as possible following the lynch in the order they were cast.

7. Players are free to post in the thread until the lynch and eliminations are announced. You are not eliminated until a post in the game thread announces it. Once you are eliminated, please don't post in the game thread again. Eliminated players are also asked to NOT THANK POSTS IN THE GAME THREAD AFTER ELIMINATION. You will be granted access to the deadroom where you can discuss the game. Please PM a mod for access, although we will endeavor to have it arranged automatically upon your death.

8. Policy on Abuse: Boards has a no-abuse rule in place that is in effect in this forum as well. By all means, call people on dodgy behaviour, point out if they are being silly or behaving strangely, be aggressive in your approach; but DO NOT abuse another player. If you feel another player has stepped over a line, the first step is to ask them to stop; if they do not, please PM a forum mod (Sullivlo/Pter) or use the report button on the post in question. Forum mods will investigate and action any issues at an appropriate time, keeping the game mods informed of any actions as needed.

9. In it to win it: Please play in the interests of the team you are representing at the time, at all times.

11. Win Conditions:
    Scrooge & The Evil Spirits Win - They will win if they gain parity with villagers and kill the SK team.
    SK Win - Sk wins if they gain parity with village and killed Scrooge's team.
    Village Win - All Scrooge Team and SK team members are killed.

Player list for this game:
    Barney
    beakerjoe
    Bounty Hunter
    Deconduo
    Drumpot
    Duffman
    Ectoplasm
    Ficheall
    Fixxxer
    Grumpylumpy
    Kitten K
    Kolido
    Lord TSC
    Mick
    Molly
    Necro
    Quickbeam
    Rikand
    sKeith
    Strawberry Milkshake
    Sully
    Tritium
    Uriel

Anon Accounts for this game:
    Angus WW
    Barbara WW
    Brendan WW
    Clodagh WW
    Conor WW
    Derry WW
    Desmond WW
    Ewan WW
    Fiona WW
    Gertrude WW
    Henry WW
    Holly WW
    Isla WW
    Katie WW
    Mary WW
    Nigel WW
    Oisin WW
    Orla WW
    Phil WW
    Riona WW
    Steve WW
    Vernon WW
    Wendy WW

IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS ON THE ABOVE GAME OP OR THR GAME IN GENERAL PLEASE ASK NOW. THIS THREAD WILL BE CLOSED WHEN GAME PMS ARE BEING SENT OUT ON SUNDAY.

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,045 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Is the alpha on Scrooge's team (presumably Scrooge) able to be peeked? By that I mean, will they show as good?

• Registered Users Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

Everyone can be peeked. Alpha power is as per our roles thread description (without the ability to peek someone themselves), so alpha would show as good if peeked.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,359 ✭✭✭✭Kolido

Is there a possibility of the game reaching 1 wolf v 1 sk? In this case, how does the game end?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,045 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Pter wrote: »
    Everyone can be peeked. Alpha power is as per our roles thread description (without the ability to peek someone themselves), so alpha would show as good if peeked.

Cool. Just checking due to the SKs showing up good on alternate cycles.

Kolido wrote:
    Is there a possibility of the game reaching 1 wolf v 1 sk? In this case, how does the game end?

We have something in place for this if it happens, but I can't reveal what that is.

• Advertisement

We have something in place for this if it happens, but I can't reveal what that is.

I hope it will be a dance off....

feG.gif

Well I won't rule out a dance off if that helps....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,404 ✭✭✭✭sKeith

Will the sks be told the identity of the other sks? Its not really a team if they don't know each others IDs and this has been done like this at least twice before, which is why i ask.

if the wolf team can be decreased by design, will that wolf become a vilager, which would be that the wolf team has to keep their identies secret from each other in order not to have their whole team outted if the decrease by design happens.

is it possible to add a rule which effectively bans all mention of substitutes from the main thread. You only say that requesting subs need to be done via pm. It would be better if ALL sub talk was spirited away from the main thread.

• Advertisement

How are tied voting results broken?

sKeith wrote:
    Will the sks be told the identity of the other sks? Its not really a team if they don't know each others IDs and this has been done like this at least twice before, which is why i ask.

The sk team will find out soon.
    sKeith wrote:
    if the wolf team can be decreased by design, will that wolf become a vilager, which would be that the wolf team has to keep their identies secret from each other in order not to have their whole team outted if the decrease by design happens.

The wolves will find out soon.
    sKeith wrote:
    is it possible to add a rule which effectively bans all mention of substitutes from the main thread. You only say that requesting subs need to be done via pm. It would be better if ALL sub talk was spirited away from the main thread.

Any decisions like this that impact playing the game should be discussed with the game mods. It's there in rule 1, like it has been in previous games. I don't remember there being many instances of people asking for subs on the game thread before but it's only ever been an issue because the game mods weren't consulted by the player in question. Rule 1 covers this imo.

sKeith wrote:
    How are tied voting results broken?

I'll come back to this one when I talk to my comods about something pertaining to it. Thanks for the questions though.

The sk team will find out soon.

The wolves will find out soon.

Any decisions like this that impact playing the game should be discussed with the game mods. It's there in rule 1, like it has been in previous games. I don't remember there being many instances of people asking for subs on the game thread before but it's only ever been an issue because the game mods weren't consulted by the player in question. Rule 1 covers this imo.

I am not talking about players asking to be subbed.

I mean ALL sub talk.

If people are not allowed talk about subs then;
    they cannot talk about we should kill this player because they were subbed etc.

they cannot say that we shouldn't vote for such and such because they haven't talked in two day and will surely be subbed etc.

If the village wanna discuss or follow that line of thinking they are welcome to though. Up to the village to stop such madness.

I see your point sKeith re: subs, probably not as prevalent though in an anon game as it would be in a non-anon imo.

Anyways, questions...

How many evil spirits are there at the beginning of the game? Are we talking Ghost of Christmas Present, Past and Future or did the mods break into one of the Ghostbusters proton packs? :P

Necro wrote:
    How many evil spirits are there at the beginning of the game? Are we talking Ghost of Christmas Present, Past and Future or did the mods break into one of the Ghostbusters proton packs?

Sorry not gonna answer that.

Sorry not gonna answer that.

On the grounds it may incriminate you :pac:

I ain't afraid of no ghosts!

How is power roles ordered. say a seer is peeking the wolf power blocker, and they are blocking the seer, for instance. what happens here?

sKeith wrote:
    How is power roles ordered. say a seer is peeking the wolf power blocker, and the are blocking the seer, for instance. what happens here?

Sorry I won't answer that one.

• Advertisement

Sorry I won't answer that one.

will one of the other game mods be along to answer it? or is it top secret?

I have no questions but I is excited as Tiny Tim receiving ONE WHOLE ORANGE for himself on Christmas Day!

I have no questions but I is excited as Tiny Tim receiving ONE WHOLE ORANGE for himself on Christmas Day!

Wolf.

Will the SKs peek as good in alternating cycles or will both be good on the same cycle?

Im guessing you cant answer this but worth a shot.

sKeith wrote:
    will one of the other game mods be along to answer it? or is it top secret?

Oh it's very classified.

Kolido wrote:
    Will the SKs peek as good in alternating cycles or will both be good on the same cycle?

Sks will find out soon.

if a wolf is being interrogated, will they be removed from their den.

sKeith wrote:
    if a wolf is being interrogated, will they be removed from their den.

That is privileged info

if the interrogator tries to interrogate the wolf power blocker and the wolf power blocker tries to block the interrogator, what's the outcome?

• Advertisement

sKeith wrote:
    if the interrogator tries to interrogate the wolf power blocker and the wolf power blocker tries to block the interrogator, what's the outcome?

We are not going to give up timings on power actions beyond anything in the op.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement