Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pure Telecom Speeds are very low

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭The high horse brigade

who_ru wrote: »
    Pure telecom are dreadful. My broadband doesn't even work, been down for over 2 weeks now. They say there is a fault on the line but they cannot resolve the issue. Its the service provider's responsibility to resolve the problem but they keep blaming eir. Im lodging an official complaint against them. They just cannot provide the service. When it was working i would typically get a speed of approx 25mb.

We'll to be fair Open Eir own and maintain the lines so if there's something wrong with the line only they can fix it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

We'll to be fair Open Eir own and maintain the lines so if there's something wrong with the line only they can fix it

Some companies seem to be more persistent at ensuring openeir resolve problems than others though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,033 ✭✭✭who_ru

i spoke to comreg. The service provider must resolve the issue, its their responsibility. If they cannot make this happen they cannot provide a service they claim to. So in my view the contract cannot continue. Yes open eir are incompetent and professionally not fit for purpose. But when the service is down the buck stops with the service provider. I have no faith in them to resolve this at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,684 ✭✭✭jd

Marlow wrote: »
    That's ADSL1 !!

On ADSL2+ you'd have 22 Mbit/s at that signal.
    On VDSL2 you'd have 24-36 Mbit/s at that signal.

Distance to the cab is between 950-1300m based on that data.

That's not even what they call a fibre product.

/M

ADSL1 is back to the exchange, distance to cabinet is not relevant.

The cabinet should be closer than the exchange (unless it is direct fed eVdsl)

jd wrote: »
    ADSL1 is back to the exchange, distance to cabinet is not relevant.

Don't RSUs have ADSL?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭whizkid9

I sent email to pure telecom asking for cancellation to official complaint email id and cced comreg. They agreed to cancel. The CSO I talked to on phone before this, was rude and told me I am not eligible for cancellation. However and email to complaint section of PT with CC to ComReg helped me cancel the service, after a few emails.

Ordered Virgin BB 240 today

whizkid9 wrote: »
    I sent email to pure telecom asking for cancellation to official complaint email id and cced comreg. They agreed to cancel. The CSO I talked to on phone before this, was rude and told me I am not eligible for cancellation. However and email to complaint section of PT with CC to ComReg helped me cancel the service, after a few emails.

Ordered Virgin BB 240 today

Why were you even bothering with any xDSL service when cable is available to you

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭whizkid9

Why were you even bothering with any xDSL service when cable is available to you

I didnt know better. I thought "100 Mbps fibre" claimed by PT really means "100 Mbps", which would be good enough for me. And PT cost 30E/pm compared to 54.99 E/pm virgin was charging me.

Advertisement