Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

And the winner of dreamer of the year is... Part 2!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,527 ✭✭✭California Dreamer

homer90 wrote: »

Whats with the seats?

Good luck getting 2250 for that!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

Sure that's the way you sit. Lean back so you can only see further out the road and drive over kids if they run out in front of you as it's out of your vision. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,884 ✭✭✭Tzardine

I love the picture of the crowbar in the boot.

The owner is probably a locksmith - I would say it has opened a few doors.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,829 ✭✭✭tcawley29

that bmw is a pure chav mobile

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭Ericaa

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 73,420 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

I think this car was up before for very small money because it had mayonnaise in the oil cap. Think all it needed was an oil change really.

Actually, just checked and it’s one owner since 01/02/2001. Wrong car.

Is the seller mental though, or do they have a time capsule car which you just don’t see in excellent condition these days. Rare stuff is valuable. We often undervalue stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,072 ✭✭✭User1998

Yeah I remember that one too

• Registered Users Posts: 12,074 ✭✭✭✭Duke O Smiley

colm_mcm wrote: »
    I think this car was up before for very small money because it had mayonnaise in the oil cap. Think all it needed was an oil change really.

Actually, just checked and it’s one owner since 01/02/2001. Wrong car.

Is the seller mental though, or do they have a time capsule car which you just don’t see in excellent condition these days. Rare stuff is valuable. We often undervalue stuff.

The other one was a 3 door black, with 8k miles. Was up for €500, then €3950 iirc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 738 ✭✭✭at9qu5vp0wcix7

homer90 wrote: »

I see this around a lot in the area, was always curious about the amount of gimmicky and tacky modifications to it over the years.

You would think it would be a much more valuable car in its stock state.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,917 ✭✭✭✭Toyotafanboi

Interesting choice of equipment in the boot.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭Ericaa

I bought a 00 Polo with 90k on the clock two years ago for €350, and its still going. So I can't get over the price of that one lol

Ericaa wrote: »
    I bought a 00 Polo with 90k on the clock two years ago for €350, and its still going. So I can't get over the price of that one lol

Yeah but this one has 15k on it, that makes it pretty exclusive and a prime candidate for keeping as a classic.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,919 ✭✭✭selectamatic

They'd be worth that sorta money when they are a classic not now though.

If you had a vacant shed space for a future classic and your go to option was a low mileage 1.0 3dr polo for €3k that's 11 years off reaching the 30 year old threshold you'd want your head examined.

I'm a firm believer that any car will have a certain level of desirability as they become classics if even just for their shell alone and the polo is no exception but still...

They way things are going ICE engines will most likely be banned in 20 years time. Maybe even sooner than we think.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,716 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

They way things are going ICE engines will most likely be banned in 20 years time. Maybe even sooner than we think.

I wouldn't buy into any of the nonsense governments are talking about

• Registered Users Posts: 8,891 ✭✭✭CoBo55

Ahh will ya stop, it would be physically impossible to charge all the electric cars we’re supposed to be driving in 10 years time..

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 19,447 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sam Russell

CoBo55 wrote: »
    Ahh will ya stop, it would be physically impossible to charge all the electric cars we’re supposed to be driving in 10 years time..

But it will be enough to charge the electric buses.

Bicycles will still be pedal power.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,359 ✭✭✭HBC08

CrankyHaus wrote: »
    Could have a bit of craic ringing up and:
    Asking if the car's still for sale.
    Making an offer.
    Saing the Ad was too long so you didn't read it.
    Insisting on a test drive.

I was thinking the same!

Or say you were interested, had the money but were worried the transaction might take 6 mins.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭wonski

• Advertisement

2015 Skoda Roomster 1.6 TDI SE

How much was it?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,890 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

2015 Skoda Roomster 1.6 TDI SE

How much was it?

Half a million sterling

• Registered Users Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭wonski

At least they spotted it early :)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,917 ✭✭✭✭Toyotafanboi

Still a cheap car, but a textbook example of putting something in the vintage section when you think it's worth more than it is. Bonus points for the fantastic description.

https://www.donedeal.ie/vintagecars-for-sale/fiat-punto/25558230

Is it cheaper to advertise in the classic section?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,968 ✭✭✭blindside88

Still a cheap car, but a textbook example of putting something in the vintage section when you think it's worth more than it is. Bonus points for the fantastic description.

Not that cheap, I sold a 1999 one for similar money in 2007

• Registered Users Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭TheW1zard

So many miles on it he's embarrassed to say lol

• Registered Users Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

My sister bought a new Punto Sporting 2 door in 2002. I always thought they were a great looking car. It took awful, awful abuse and lack of servicing. Including 18inch wheels and a belt holding up a loud exhaust at one point.

A noble car.

Jesus I had 15s on mine and they were considered big at the time on a small car

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

I could be dreaming. She might have swap a set of 15s for 16s or 16s for 17s. They were massive on it.

I’m just after remembering also it was a basic one that she sprayed the little grill things on the back bumper silver to make it look a sporting.

Advertisement