Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

And the winner of dreamer of the year is... Part 2!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 73,415 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

You used to be able to get a Hirsch tune from the main dealer without affecting warranty etc.

Do88 do tuning parts for Saab so I’m gonna say this one is not standard. It would have been 305bhp from factory.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,496 ✭✭✭Titzon Toast

• Registered Users Posts: 8,715 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

That was for sale privately then was for sale in a dealers in fermoy for 14k with 165k miles on it

• Registered Users Posts: 3,356 ✭✭✭HBC08

4 pics.....

Also is that Maddy McCann in the back?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭Carpentry

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭Lofidelity

€15 grand for a 2010 mx5 with 138,000 miles. And its not even a sport.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,356 ✭✭✭HBC08

Mental stuff,not even leather.

It's already at the stage where bringing one in from the UK makes sense again,even with all the brexit charges.

I'm on the look out for an Mx5 the last couple of years,there's no way I could buy anything in the current market,have stopped looking.

It's not even a real type R, €19k.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,818 ✭✭✭passatman86

I may have seen that or it's twin passing maynooth yesterday looked spotless. Wonder if its type r conversion or imported as a sir just on the log book

Post edited by passatman86 on

• Registered Users Posts: 4,863 ✭✭✭fancy pigeon

Down the road from where I work is a small dealer who had an actual M3, also 2001 but a coupe. It was €12k

That isn't too far away from me must keep an eye out for it. He'll get some shock if he takes on the S60...

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,111 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Was wondering that myself. And why do the wheels look like they don't fit the arches. Doesn't look to have a rear wiper and no sunroof either, which the Si's had. So it might be. I notice the number of previous owners is blank. If it were a dozen it wouldn't surprise me.

That said even if it is a real one and they've shot up in price, IMHO 19k is dreamland in the Irish market. Yes, you won't get a good one out of Japanland for that these days and the Americans have gone nuts for them and can import the 96 JDM examples now which keeps driving the prices, but the Irish market is too small and there are a tiny number of potential buyers for that sort of thing, or anything unusual really. 20k is alot to spend for a weekend 'toy' car. I'd reckon the hard reality price in the Irish market would be much closer to 15k. Then again only four years ago I knew of an original Irish one that spent six months waiting for a buyer at 4k and he came from the UK, so times have changed.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

^^^^^ "engine running after crash"

What - engine must have been trying to run away

• Registered Users Posts: 4,095 ✭✭✭johndaman66

No updates made to the Integra ad since despite him saying two days ago;

"Gonna throw up a lot more info, pictures and what ever else tomorrow".

Pretty lazy ad really with lots of meaningless noise, not telling you too much of what you would need to know. I would take a punt in saying he is not serious about selling it. Likely if you even put in an offer relatively close to asking price you would probably be accused of being a time waster with no money I would bet. For a car of this nature and this price level lots of relevant information and photos are a necessity in my book.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,111 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Doesn't surprise me tbh. I don't think it's deliberate in a lot of cases, just laziness, or not the sharpest knives in the drawer. An awful lot of sellers haven't a bulls notion how to market their cars, doesn't matter what car it is. One crappy pic, or a load of crappy pics of the outside, even a few pics that are essentially the same bloody photo. No interior shots, no underbonnet shots*. Like you say this should go triple for anything unusual and/or classics, because unless they get a moron with cash to burn the unusual stuff will attract guys who know what the they want and what to look for.

*the lack of engine bay pics might be a generational thing? I mean car reviews online and on youtube rarely if ever pop the bonnet and show you what's under, so maybe people under say 30 don't consider it? Mainly because of late all you'll see is a big lump of featureless plastic.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭dubbrin

Are gen 4 Hi-ackys really appreciating classics....? €5k. Surely not for a beat up work horse

• Registered Users Posts: 698 ✭✭✭Magown3

Another dreamer

Fiat coupe 20 valve Tiny mileage NCT 12/22

• Registered Users Posts: 3,255 ✭✭✭sk8board

Not sure if car this a dreamer. if it’s in the condition it appears to be, these 20v’s are cheap at anything under €10k - it’s a car of my generation that I tried to buy one time but struggled to insure it (ended up with a Mazda 323F 😂), so maybe I’m rose-tinted.

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭Speedline

Its a non turbo for turbo money. A pity because it looks like a cracker otherwise.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,069 ✭✭✭✭fryup

'is he havin a laugh? i think he's havin a laugh'

75k for this??

is he away with the fairies?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭Carpentry

I think we can close the thread now 🙄 2007 Volkswagen Touareg for 39 950

Post edited by Carpentry on

That has to be a typo on the touareg ad

• Registered Users Posts: 12,761 ✭✭✭✭galwaytt

good grief: I've been away from boards a lot since the 'upgrade' and come back to this ?

Y'all have lost yer minds.

That said, I'll offer my '01 TT at €10k, my '90 MX-T at €15k and my '03 996 Cab Tip at €40k.

Seems fair, right ? 😁

Ode To The Motorist

“And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, generates funds to the exchequer. You don't want to acknowledge that as truth because, deep down in places you don't talk about at the Green Party, you want me on that road, you need me on that road. We use words like freedom, enjoyment, sport and community. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent instilling those values in our families and loved ones. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the tax revenue and the very freedom to spend it that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise I suggest you pick up a bus pass and get the ********* ********* off the road” 

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

That evo you know it had the rags driven out of it. For the price I thought it was going to be mint. State of the alloys and then a modified engine and other upgrade parts in engine bay too all leads to someone driving it to the limits.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

If you're not driving an Evo at the limit, why are you buying an Evo?

A built TM Evo is definitely worth money and in the right market I don't think that's tooooo outlandish.

Cars are built to be driven and especially stuff like an Evo. There was one in an auction last year that went for around 120k. They seem to be for sale at 50-80k

Wotzgoingon has a point, it's in rag order going by pics.

A TM edition is worth big money in mint condition if it's bone stock with a folder full of receipts.

That one is not gonna sell for big money, not hope of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,074 ✭✭✭✭Duke O Smiley

That exact Evo was sold in Spain recently for about €40k. It was €90k here a few weeks later

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

Ha!

That'd be a nice profit even including VRT.

If it's lived in Spain, it should hopefully be quite solid underneath.

Advertisement