Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

why is drinking so good

Options
124»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,758 ✭✭✭Pelvis

D3V!L wrote: »
    A clear head, not a clear head and sore bum. So , no its not Leo. :p
    Charming.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭D3V!L

Pelvis wrote: »
    Charming.

I do try ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 15,290 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

Main thing I find is to set a limit (2 pints or 4 pints are my usual go to depending on situation) and then stick to it.

On Friday last I had to endure drunken ramblings from a middle aged female co worker who was making accusations and bitching about other ppl she works with. It was a relief to get away from her. Drink really doesn’t suit a lot of people.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,193 ✭✭✭TomSweeney

Vita nova wrote: »
    Have to say I like the effects of alcohol but just the merry phase, you know when you have that slight sense of euphoria but not drunk enough to do or say anything stupid.
    Great way to unwind at the end of the working week. Cheers!

Thats the best , and if you quit then you dont get a hangover.
    Thats why I love having a few pints watching an afternoon football game, when the match is over might have one more , but then head home.

No hangover - but yeah - BORING!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭Bigbagofcans

I wouldn't agree that there is nothing better than getting locked, a good ride would be better would it not?

no hangover the next day either.

I'd rather the former tbh.

And sure some people get a sore something or other the day after a ride? :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,182 ✭✭✭jiltloop

wakka12 wrote: »
    I drink 2 litres of water when I get home after drinking. Dont get hangovers, its horrible force feeding yourself water when you get home and feeling like youre about to burst but its worth it

Last time I tried that I had a lovely dream where I was enjoying an especially pleasurable piss, then that dream turned out to be a very realistic dream. I suppose you could say it was a different kind of wet dream.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭Lux23

I just like the way it allows me to switch my brain off for a few hours once a week. I couldn't drink for a few weeks during the summer and I really missed that light buzz on a Friday evening, I don't know how people switch off otherwise.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,223 ✭✭✭Sam Quentin

I normally preach(the truth)about the horror and humiliation and depression and the impact heavy drinking has on the consumer and close family and friends of a heavy drinker.......
    But today I won't,.. because you seem like a fine young man who only indulges every 6 weeks or so..
    So today I'll simply say, try keeping it that way and you'll have a pleasant happy life or at least a life that is bearable for you and your loved ones.
    WELL DONE.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,639 ✭✭✭completedit

Never got the appeal of casual drinking, around the snow last year I went for a few pints just because there was a different feel around the place but just going pub and having 6 pints of Guiness on a Sunday always seemed dumb to me. Horses for courses though. I love the buzz of being locked because it's so different to day to day life. Every 6 weeks or so is justified imo. TBH, from like the second week of january until March I'll rarely be out, then I'll have a few weeks on and then off. If we have some good weather end of April/start of May I'll be out every week over 3 weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,825 ✭✭✭BENDYBINN

Never got the appeal of casual drinking, around the snow last year I went for a few pints just because there was a different feel around the place but just going pub and having 6 pints of Guiness on a Sunday always seemed dumb to me. Horses for courses though. I love the buzz of being locked because it's so different to day to day life. Every 6 weeks or so is justified imo. TBH, from like the second week of january until March I'll rarely be out, then I'll have a few weeks on and then off. If we have some good weather end of April/start of May I'll be out every week over 3 weeks.

Sounds like a plan!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,426 ✭✭✭Jamsiek

Eh not really tbh. Doing drugs doesn't really have the same social aspect that having drinks does.

Alcohol is a drug though, just more accepted by western society.
    Other drugs also have a big social impact.

Advertisement