Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

why is drinking so good

Options
  • 08-12-2018 12:09am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,639 ✭✭✭

I'm late 20's and there's still nothing better than getting locked. I only drink once every 6 weeks or so but it's unreal, especially over christmas and in the summer.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

Not allowed any more, if you even smell beer you're a raging alcoholic and will destroy the lives of everyone in the country.

Have you considered cycling and kale?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 74 ✭✭Jessie Belle

Patww79 wrote: »
    Not allowed any more, if you even smell beer you're a raging alcoholic and will destroy the lives of everyone in the country.

And vegan.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭CinemaGuy45

They should introduce a minimum price per drink.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,132 ✭✭✭mistersifter

drinkin is brilliant, in fairness. Absolutely love it. Makes ya feel great.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,786 ✭✭✭wakka12

Its lovely to be liberated from the constraints of social inhibition for a few hours aye

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭orourkeda1977

Its not as good as ****, curries mars bars and white bonbons

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭orourkeda1977

wakka12 wrote: »
    Its lovely to be liberated from the constraints of social inhibition for a few hours aye

you pay for it in the morning though.

• Registered Users Posts: 324 ✭✭kurtainsider

Is it just me or does this thread remind everyone of Fr Dougal?

"Isn't drink great all the same Ted"

• Registered Users Posts: 2,639 ✭✭✭completedit

Hoping to get on the sauce tomorrow night, few desperados and a guiness sounds about right

• Registered Users Posts: 9,786 ✭✭✭wakka12

you pay for it in the morning though.

I drink 2 litres of water when I get home after drinking. Dont get hangovers, its horrible force feeding yourself water when you get home and feeling like youre about to burst but its worth it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,996 ✭✭✭✭gozunda

Its not that you live longer giving up the drink - it just feels that way ...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

Would you not try 2 grams of phenibut?

• Registered Users Posts: 43,024 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

• Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭Vita nova

Have to say I like the effects of alcohol but just the merry phase, you know when you have that slight sense of euphoria but not drunk enough to do or say anything stupid.
    Great way to unwind at the end of the working week. Cheers!

• Registered Users Posts: 324 ✭✭kurtainsider

Vita nova wrote: »
    Have to say I like the effects of alcohol but just the merry phase, you know when you have that slight sense of euphoria but not drunk enough to do or say anything stupid.
    Great way to unwind at the end of the working week. Cheers!

I know that feeling well. You know - when I think about it I always agree with everything you say. I think that we have a special bond.....you know....I think I love you man!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,132 ✭✭✭mistersifter

wakka12 wrote: »
    I drink 2 litres of water when I get home after drinking. Dont get hangovers, its horrible force feeding yourself water when you get home and feeling like youre about to burst but its worth it

spot on! a lucozade sport before you hit the scratcher is great. If you can have one or two waters between drinks too it helps a lot, too.

It's all about prevention rather than cure. no real need to be hungover after a fair few pints.

never got a hangover in my life and i mix drinks throughout the night

• Registered Users Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭Bigbagofcans

never got a hangover in my life and i mix drinks throughout the night

You're made of stronger stuff than I am then!

i don't drink that much though
    4 cans(or a naggin)
    pint
    double g&t or two
    maybe a shot

That be over like 6 hours

• Closed Accounts Posts: 612 ✭✭✭KevinCavan

I'm late 20's and there's still nothing better than getting locked. I only drink once every 6 weeks or so but it's unreal, especially over christmas and in the summer.

I’m your thirties you will probably wonder why you didn’t do more to achieve your dreams. It’s a bit of a fools paradise the drinking. I say that as somebody who drank through their 20’s also.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,605 ✭✭✭gctest50

Nothing wrong with an occasional sup, provided you don't pour it on your cornflakes.

Why would you do that when you can make moar drink out of cornflakes :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,002 ✭✭✭mad m

Give it time OP. The human body is not like a good wine , the older it gets the better it gets. A sniff of a beer and ive a hangover for days. I suppose Enjoy it while it lasts.

I fully ageee I absolutely love the stuff and love getting locked but You don’t love it enough if you are doing it every 6 weeks. I need a good session at least once a week!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,723 ✭✭✭Greyfox

I’m your thirties you will probably wonder why you didn’t do more to achieve your dreams. It’s a bit of a fools paradise the drinking. I say that as somebody who drank through their 20’s also.[/quote]
    Achieving your dreams is difficult and quite complex, it's hard to know what you actually want. I'm in my 30's also, having the craic with good people over a few drinks makes life worth living. Making good memories is better than working your hole off and been miserable

• Registered Users Posts: 4,122 ✭✭✭BeerWolf

Lucky you. I am working on the 26th so I can't enjoy a few drinks over Christmas! :(

BUT! I do get a full week off through New Year's. So there's that. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,079 ✭✭✭BeepBeep67

Patww79 wrote: »

I prefer my kale with a silent k

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,950 ✭✭✭ChikiChiki

I fully ageee I absolutely love the stuff and love getting locked but You don’t love it enough if you are doing it every 6 weeks. I need a good session at least once a week!

Too regular as for me the novelty wears off if you do it once a week. I like a good session once a month.

Greyfox wrote: »
    I’m your thirties you will probably wonder why you didn’t do more to achieve your dreams. It’s a bit of a fools paradise the drinking. I say that as somebody who drank through their 20’s also.
    Achieving your dreams is difficult and quite complex, it's hard to know what you actually want. I'm in my 30's also, having the craic with good people over a few drinks makes life worth living. Making good memories is better than working your hole off and been miserable[/QUOTE]

amen. the fisherman and the businessman comes to mind....'and then?'

• Registered Users Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭Dufflecoat Fanny

20 for a btl of jamey in supervalu great. i partook last night i might do the same again today

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 795 ✭✭✭moonage

Is it just me or does this thread remind everyone of Fr Dougal?

"Isn't drink great all the same Ted"

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTu7skWanL_69ptIKxNiZEJdgEFSvsfDPYuiMf4I4hd1vUUgjNO

Advertisement