Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Avengers: Endgame [** SPOILERS FROM POST 613 **]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,394 ✭✭✭ManOfMystery

Foxtrol wrote: »
    I think that scene doesn't really relate to how he is shown through the rest of the movie. Throughout he is definitely smaller than previous movies but not as noticable compared to other characters as the image you used. They probably wanted to show him weakened post click or the CGI guys didn't want him to distract attention from the rest of the ensemble shot.

Fair point. Though even so, he was still a bit smaller in those scenes than in previous films.

maxresdefault.jpg

Hulk's size has always been inconsistent in MCU, which is more of an annoyance than anything.
    I fully admit I might be blindly defending here

But isn't Hulk's size related to how angry he is, the more angry he is the bigger he gets. Could you explain the size discrepancies above along similar lines for Smart Hulk?

Didn't appear to be the case in the MCU, there's never been any example of him changing size based on anger - only in the previous Ang Lee film

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,423 ✭✭✭batgoat

IIRC, and I'm probably not, that was only in the Ang Lee movie, so not related to the MCU at all. In the comics, his strength was related to his rage alright, but not his size.

It is canon to Hulk that he grows based on anger, just never a part of MCU.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,653 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

batgoat wrote: »
    It is canon to Hulk that he grows based on anger, just never a part of MCU.

Interesting. I remember when the makers of The Incredible Hulk were promoting it... They were at pains to point out the differences between their Hulk and Lee's version. The "getting bigger the angrier he was" was one of the things they stressed their version wouldn't do. They were kinda snobby and dismissive of that notion IIRC - made me think it must have been something Lee's team made up!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,378 ✭✭✭Gamb!t

Finally got round to watching end game.It had its moments but I thought infinity war was much much better.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,378 ✭✭✭Riddle101

While people are talking about The Hulk. I was unhappy with his look in Endgame. You could see more of Mark Ruffalo in it, than the actual hulk and to me it didn't work. I don't mind Ruffalo voicing him, but the face put me off Hulk completely. I'm just more accustomed to seeing the regular Hulk from Avengers Assemble, Thor Ragnarok etc and that to me is what makes the Hulk appealing. I don't need to see Mark Ruffalo when i'm watching the Hulk.

So for me, The Hulk was one of the downer points of the movie. I just wanted to see the good ol' green back to fighting form as I think a lot of fans wanted to see after Infinity War.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,935 ✭✭✭Tazzimus

You can always see Ruffalo in the Hulk, it's his facial expressions they're mapping.
    Normal Hulk just looks like a pudgier Ruffalo.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,699 ✭✭✭Midnight_EG

Riddle101 wrote: »
    While people are talking about The Hulk. I was unhappy with his look in Endgame. You could see more of Mark Ruffalo in it, than the actual hulk and to me it didn't work. I don't mind Ruffalo voicing him, but the face put me off Hulk completely. I'm just more accustomed to seeing the regular Hulk from Avengers Assemble, Thor Ragnarok etc and that to me is what makes the Hulk appealing. I don't need to see Mark Ruffalo when i'm watching the Hulk.

So for me, The Hulk was one of the downer points of the movie. I just wanted to see the good ol' green back to fighting form as I think a lot of fans wanted to see after Infinity War.

But Professor Hulk explained that he needed to merge the two for a happy compromise, and that's why you see Ruffalo's face. It's character progression.

But Professor Hulk explained that he needed to merge the two for a happy compromise, and that's why you see Ruffalo's face. It's character progression.

This was part of the problem though. The personalities didn't really merge; we got Banner in Hulk's body. He was calm, controlled, jovial, all the usual Banner characterisms - only with green skin.

It would have made the character much interesting if there some still some semblance of an internal struggle going on - the odd bout of rage, etc.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Stop moaning ffs

This was part of the problem though. The personalities didn't really merge; we got Banner in Hulk's body. He was calm, controlled, jovial, all the usual Banner characterisms - only with green skin.

It would have made the character much interesting if there some still some semblance of an internal struggle going on - the odd bout of rage, etc.

Like tourrettes :)

As Bruce says:
    I did. For years, I've been treating the Hulk like he's some kind of disease, something to get rid of. But then I started looking at him as the cure. Eighteen months in a gamma lab. I put the brains and the brawn together. And now look at me. Best of both worlds...

• Advertisement

Like tourrettes :)

Hourettes :D

As Bruce says:

I got all that, I just mean from the perspective of the film's writers it may have been more interesting to have a minor personality clash still going on in some way.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,232 ✭✭✭✭Penn

I think part of the internal struggle though always came from the fact they had no control over the other. As he said in Ragnarok, it always felt like a car where each of them had a hand on the wheel. Now in Endgame, he spent 18 months in a lab putting the brain (Banner's mind) and the brawn (Hulk's body) together. There was no longer an internal struggle to create the rage. He got what he wanted, he combined the best bits of both aspects of himself and so Banner & Hulk no longer had to fight each other.

I admit I would have liked to have seen he could still fully fight with the strength and raw power of the Hulk during the final battle. He only threw one or two punches against small enemies. But in terms of his personality I don't think it really would have served the movie or the character to include any internal struggle between them. Could still be used in a future movie/show like the personality of Hulk is still there trying to take over again.

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭Ethereal Cereal

Yea, I felt the Prof Hulk was an unsatisfying conclusion to a story that was building over the last 3 movies.
    The transformation was completely off screen, and it looked like the Banner personality just overwrote the hulk personality.

In Ragnarök, you could clearly see it was the hulk personality evolving. I would have liked to have seen that personality merge with Banners.
    Or possibly, a conflicted Hulk, over guilt for not stepping up in the first movie.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,663 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Who is Tom Hiddleston ? Why is so little know of him?

Is he married? Had he kids?
    How come he's like a ghost ?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

Who is Tom Hiddleston ? Why is so little know of him?

Is he married? Had he kids?
    How come he's like a ghost ?

There's a gigantic wikipedia page about him:
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tom_Hiddleston

knock yourself out :)

Slydice wrote: »
    There's a gigantic wikipedia page about him:
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tom_Hiddleston

knock yourself out :)

My point exactly, 38 and a robot. No wife, no partner, no kids, no gf, no nothing.

Does he have kids?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

If it's not there, I'd say it's unlikely.
    Webpages about him are hardly gonna say everything he doesn't have.

Can you imagine?
    He does not have kids
    He does not have purple eyes
    He does not have red hair
    He does not have a lifesize replica of the Starship Enterprise from Star Trek
    :D

Slydice wrote: »
    If it's not there, I'd say it's unlikely.
    Webpages about him are hardly gonna say everything he doesn't have.

Can you imagine?

:D

I just know this girl who claims he's her dad.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭Blueshoe

Finally got around to watching it. Released on my streaming box.

Found it a bit of a let down overall. Box started buffering after the end fight scene where stark dies so I didn't bother wait and switched it off.
    It was boring enough. Trying to be funny in parts . Slow. Lots of things. Too many small holes in it that looked like lazy writing. The case with the stone sliding around the floor but nobody noticing. Lots of small things and then an over reliance on the big scenes to save it

Stark is able to do it all. Time machines , a glove for the stones out of nowhere. Nah

The scene where all of the female fighters appeared together bugged me in particular. They didn't need to do that. The female characters play an equal role throughout the movie and didn't need that token scene. Also Starks missus flying around in a suit. Everyone a hero.
    Nah.

5/10

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Blueshoe wrote: »
    . Also Starks missus flying around in a suit.

Shes done it before in the series.

• Advertisement

Shes done it before in the series.

No good. In the end I was routing for Thanos to click the fingers and get rid of the lot of them.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Pepper Potts has operated under the moniker of "Rescue", a variant of Stark armour with no weapons, since 2009. For comic fans she was a good little easter egg & is an established character by all accounts.

Within the film it was a little glib given it wasn't really that well established she had her own suit, but *shrug* End-Game was a Victory Lap movie, so it's forgivable if they went with a few crowdpleasers.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pepper_Potts

pixelburp wrote: »
    Pepper Potts has operated under the moniker of "Rescue", a variant of Stark armour with no weapons, since 2009. For comic fans she was a good little easter egg & is an established character by all accounts.

Within the film it was a little glib given it wasn't really that well established she had her own suit, but *shrug* End-Game was a Victory Lap movie, so it's forgivable if they went with a few crowdpleasers.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pepper_Potts

It was poor enough. But they made a fortune out of it. That's all that matters

• Registered Users Posts: 6,411 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

Why does Tony have a "quantum" helmet like the rest of them but War Machine doesn't?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,699 ✭✭✭Bacchus

Why does Tony have a "quantum" helmet like the rest of them but War Machine doesn't?

Probably wasn't possible to give War Machine one as his suit is the old version that doesn't use nanobots. Doesn't exactly explain why Tony DID have one though.

Bacchus wrote: »
    Probably wasn't possible to give War Machine one as his suit is the old version that doesn't use nanobots. Doesn't exactly explain why Tony DID have one though.

Where did he pull the glove out of at the end?

Blueshoe wrote: »
    Where did he pull the glove out of at the end?

Nanotech-switcharoo

• Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭backspacer

Can someone explain something to me or did I miss something. In the scene where Banner and The Special One meet, she is aware that banner is 5 years too early to meet Strange, yet is unaware of the fact Strange surrendered the Time Stone to Thanos.

I know its a small detail but it still bugs me.

Nanotech-switcharoo

Nanotech. The answer to every question and query

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,079 ✭✭✭Sparko

backspacer wrote: »
    Can someone explain something to me or did I miss something. In the scene where Banner and The Special One meet, she is aware that banner is 5 years too early to meet Strange, yet is unaware of the fact Strange surrendered the Time Stone to Thanos.

I know its a small detail but it still bugs me.

As far as I remember, I think it was established in Dr. Strange that she could see the future, but only to the point of her death. As she died before Dr. Strange gave away the time stone, she therefore wasn't aware it was going to happen.

Advertisement