Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lenovo Tab 4 10 Plus Tablet

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 955 ✭✭✭site_owner

Would rather have an android device with direct access to the play store and avoid a device that has built in ads.

The fire is cheap for a reason.

I dont think theres a better spec android tablet in the price range. They are all about the same or compromise on something to get to this price, unless you get a lucky clearance deal

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,651 ✭✭✭✭beauf

I don't consider a Amazon OS the same product as a Android OS. But if it does what you want then fair enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,860 ✭✭✭✭anewme

I'm also on the lookout for a tablet after my iPad broke and I can't afford another one. Basically I want what would be the nearest in operating style to the apple.

I looked at that Lenovo yesterday in DID but thought the speaker would be a dust gatherer as I've a decent LG speaker.

I'm not very technical and am getting confused by them all.

I want to watch Netflix, surf Net and do my emails (gmail) and listen to music - Spotify. Want a touch screen.

is it true you can't use google on kindle fire, that would make it a no no?

beauf wrote: »
    I don't consider a Amazon OS the same product as a Android OS. But if it does what you want then fair enough.

I don't have one myself, but I bought someone one for Xmas. Spent less than 5 mins putting a few files on it so it has Google Play and can install apps like any Android tablet.

I bought this tablet in Argos for €140 (currently at €155). Full HD and 32GB. It comes down to whether you actually want/will use the speaker, or if it's just going to collect dust.

http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/7545513/Trail/searchtext%3EBUSH+TABLET.htm

• Registered Users Posts: 13,359 ✭✭✭✭Kolido

Is that speaker similar to an echo, says it has Alexa?

If its just comparing tablets I think the fire 10 is much better overall. Full play store and the adds can be added / removed quite easily.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭kfrp

That last link in DiD has different and lower resolution.

Not as good for reading.

Kindle fire has less ram and lower grade processor

• Registered Users Posts: 6,411 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

anewme wrote: »
    is it true you can't use google on kindle fire, that would make it a no no?

No, it's not.

Basil3 wrote: »
    if you're after only a tablet, there's much better value/specs to be had.

So a no name tablet that is slightly higher spec but 10% more expensive (and no free speaker) or a restricted tablet that has to be hacked for basic functionality are the options?

site_owner wrote: »
    So a no name tablet that is slightly higher spec but 10% more expensive (and no free speaker) or a restricted tablet that has to be hacked for basic functionality are the options?

I'm just pointing out that when you take the tablet in isolation, it isn't great value. If you want the speaker, then it's great value. It's only my opinion, if you're happy with your purchase, then that's the main thing.

Basil3 wrote: »
    I'm just pointing out that when you take the tablet in isolation, it isn't great value. If you want the speaker, then it's great value. It's only my opinion, if you're happy with your purchase, then that's the main thing.

I can take or leave the speaker (might end up on ebay) i just haven't seen anything that makes me think the tablet isn't good value on its own. I know i can pay more for better spec.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭Dirtdrifter

Amazon had a 10" Huawei for £100 over the Christmas

• Registered Users Posts: 2,246 ✭✭✭ForestFire

It's never been below £129, without speaker on amazon.

Looks like a very good deal to me, for anyone looking for android tab.

Well for me it looks like the Lenovo plus for 199 or the Samsung for 179.00

Or the fire tablet as I use kindle reader but I don't want free ads.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,359 ✭✭✭✭Kolido

The Fire tablet sounds a great tablet for the price if you get it when its on sale. I dont own one but thinking of getting it, can anyone tell me what exactly is restricted with os on it?
    Apart from the adds which can be removed either by Amazon or yourself, it seems it can run everything a regular tablet can. Also I think you need to use a courier for delivery.

ForestFire wrote: »
    It's never been below £129, without speaker on amazon.

Looks like a very good deal to me, for anyone looking for android tab.

Which one are you talking about? The Huawei?

Which one are you talking about? The Huawei?

The lenova TAB 4, 10.1 without any free speaker. It has never been below £129, on price tracker (and I know it might miss the odd lighting deal, if it has ever had one, or unless you believe its €8 value was actually real)

DID have it for less than this, with a free speaker to the value of €50 at least.

I think the Lenovo without free speaker...is 129.99 in Argos. I don't know how to post photos. As i don't want speaker...is this an ok price?

I think the Lenovo without free speaker...is 129.99 in Argos. I don't know how to post photos. As i don't want speaker...is this an ok price?

If they have it at that price i think its good value, no guarantee i cab sell on the speaker or ever use it.

But its listed at 219 on their site so it might not be 129?

469086.jpg

It's a different model for 129 I believe.

The e10 is cheaper in currys, i think its more current, but has lower performance than the tab10.

It was £85 a few days ago on argos ebay so could be got even cheaper than 119 possibly

https://www.currys.ie/ieen/computing/tablets-and-ereaders/tablets/lenovo-tab-e10-tablet-32-gb-black-10185967-pdt.html

• Advertisement

Thanks everyone - only for you posted I'd not have copped it was not the same.

Decided to buy the Samsung in Currys, but only had it in white, So left it.
    Then went to DID, they were not too positive about the Levono vs Samsung , but had no Samsung, so it's back to the drawing board.

The Levoro plus is currently 299 in Currys by the way and the Huwai mentioned here is 179.99

I think the only way to buy one and not go crazy is decide how much you want to spend and then buy the best one you can find at your price.

If you keep trying to go cheaper its a bottomless pit of "what am i compromising on" and if you are willing to go up, its always just "10eu more for a bit better" and before you know it you are looking at top of the range samsungs and iPads :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,619 ✭✭✭Charlie-Bravo

Then went to DID, they were not too positive about the Levono vs Samsung , but had no Samsung, so it's back to the drawing board.

I'd put Lenovo ahead of Samsung on my preference. Very little bloatware on their products.

As the other poster said, determine a budget and go for best spec available for it. Otherwise, if you have your eye on a specific item, wait through January to see if the price drops on PriceSpy. Normally new models come out around March so shops need to flog stock in the January sales.

-. . ...- . .-. / --. --- -. -. .- / --. .. ...- . / -.-- --- ..- / ..- .--.

• Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭ParkyJiSung

Bought a chromecast/google home mini bundle in currys for 59 pre christmas, thinking id gift the chromecast and keep google mini for myself.
    However, the person got a chromecast themselves christmas morning.
    A quick wrap of the (unopened) google mini later and off it was to new home!
    So left with the chromecast, i decided to ring hardly normal yesterday to say id bought it there before the 25th with cash, but had no receipt. He said hed exchange as lojg as was against something else. I then asked about a pricematch for the tablet, which he was happy to do.
    So i got the tablet, speaker and blagged a cover case off the sales fella for €100.99.. good days work

Picked up the lenova tab 4 with speaker today from DID. Will be setting up later tonight or tomorrow.

Just a word of caution. It was not advertised with the speaker in store, and when I asked about speaker, the sales guy said he wasn't sure if it came with it.

I made sure he new it was on the DID website with the speaker.

Not sure if this is deliberate, in this particular store, or a simple oversight, but my experience with electronics sales staff is not getting any better :-)

ForestFire wrote: »
    Picked up the lenova tab 4 with speaker today from DID. Will be setting up later tonight or tomorrow.

Just a word of caution. It was not advertised with the speaker in store, and when I asked about speaker, the sales guy said he wasn't sure if it came with it.

I made sure he new it was on the DID website with the speaker.

Not sure if this is deliberate, in this particular store, or a simple oversight, but my experience with electronics sales staff is not getting any better :-)

I'd say it is more lack of knowledge.

The lad I spoke to in Lucan wasn't great. I knew more about tablets than him from just reading this thread!

I had tbe same problem with the online order, the speaker wasn't actually bundled in.

Shop had to redo the order for me

if anyone is looking for a tablet like the original one posted (tab 4) but with better all-round specs and quality for similar / bit more money the xiaomi mi pad 4 is worth a look

https://www.honorbuy.com/search?controller=search&orderby=position&orderway=desc&search_query=mi+pad+4&submit_search=Search

delivery here from europe in 3 days.

comes in about 215 euro delivered

https://www.honorbuy.com/1590-mi-pad-4-64gb-multi-languages-black.html?search_query=mi+pad+4&results=752

- better screen, cpu (good jump from 625 cpu to 660 - twice as fast in benchmarks), better battery life, better build, 64gb internal storage, 4g ram

excellent tablet

the 10 inch version (plus model) is about 50 more if you need that size but also includes the option to put in a sim card.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,147 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Anyone who picked up the speaker bundle manage to get Spotify working with Alexa? It doesn't seem to be supported.

• Advertisement
Advertisement