Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lenovo Tab 4 10 Plus Tablet

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,536 ✭✭✭Padraig Mor

kfrp wrote: »
    https://www.lenovo.com/ie/en/tablets/android-tablets/tab-4-series/Lenovo-TB-X704/p/ZA2M0012GB

Nice tablet, good Ram, expandable memory, resolution.

130 Euro off, so 169.99 now

Yeah, I got the 8 inch version yesterday - same spec instead of screen size; €20 cheaper. For a kid, so preferred the smaller size.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,462 ✭✭✭Tinder Surprise

Yeah, I got the 8 inch version yesterday - same spec instead of screen size; €20 cheaper. For a kid, so preferred the smaller size.

sounds exactly what I am looking for..mind me asking from where, same site?

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭TheHulk

How would this compare with samsung:

https://www.harveynorman.ie/computing/tablets/samsung-galaxy-tab-a-10.1-32gb-white.html

Would appreciate any advice as I'm not an expert in this area. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 9,536 ✭✭✭Padraig Mor

sounds exactly what I am looking for..mind me asking from where, same site?

Yes.

• Registered Users Posts: 510 ✭✭✭tobdom

TheHulk wrote: »
    How would this compare with samsung:

https://www.harveynorman.ie/computing/tablets/samsung-galaxy-tab-a-10.1-32gb-white.html

Would appreciate any advice as I'm not an expert in this area. Thanks

The Lenovo has 1GB extra RAM (memory), a faster processor and is lighter - and similar in a lot of other aspects.

On specs & price the Lenovo seems the better buy, but I don't have direct experience of either. Both are very reputable brands.

Personally I would go for the Lenovo and buy a 32 or 64GB SD card to put in it and expand the storage.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭FDave

Out of stock now, thanks anyway OP

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭chalky024

Bummer. Out of stock now!

• Registered Users Posts: 790 ✭✭✭ArrBee

Just missed out by seconds.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,462 ✭✭✭Tinder Surprise

not out of stock for me!?!?

• Registered Users Posts: 790 ✭✭✭ArrBee

What a farce.

I rang them and they said, actually there is 1 left!
    So I refreshed, and sure enough it said "low stock" and I went through the checkout...... only to be told "can't complete transaction as there is no stock"

Rang again and got someone else that wasnt helpful that didn't want to engage at all. Couldn't see any issue with having a system where someone can buy the items that you have in your basket...

grumble grumble

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23 coug01

Got one into the basket then was told out of stock ...on checkout WTF

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭bluedoor27

Its available in currys uk for £149.99 with a free speaker of some sort!
    https://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/lenovo-tab-4-plus-10-full-hd-tablet-with-tab-4-smart-assistant-voice-controlled-speaker-bundle-for-14999-currys-3129073
    Thanks to HDUK

Unfortunately they must be OOS too as my order has just been cancelled

• Registered Users Posts: 23 coug01

Just got one ...back in stock........fingers crossed I do not get the cancellation mail !!

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭FDave

bluedoor27 wrote: »
    Its available in currys uk for £149.99 with a free speaker of some sort!
    https://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/lenovo-tab-4-plus-10-full-hd-tablet-with-tab-4-smart-assistant-voice-controlled-speaker-bundle-for-14999-currys-3129073
    Thanks to HDUK

Unfortunately they must be OOS too as my order has just been cancelled

Thanks, ordered one there, had to use paypal as it wouldnt let me enter my credit card details for some reason. Sent it to parcel hotel so hopefully it doesnt get cancelled.

FDave wrote: »
    Thanks, ordered one there, had to use paypal as it wouldnt let me enter my credit card details for some reason. Sent it to parcel hotel so hopefully it doesnt get cancelled.
    Yea I did all that too but still got cancellation email. Hopefully you have more luck 🤞👍

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

bought 2 from currys using addresspal and paypal

I used my revolut card so I wonder if that had something to do with it???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 156 ✭✭Boradriver

Lenovo are terrible to deal with. I feel sorry for anyone who has to deal with their "customer service".

• Registered Users Posts: 647 ✭✭✭Terri26

I am so annoyed. Ordered and paid for it 5 days. Was expecting it to arrive yesterday or today and just got the cancellation email. Tried ringing customer service. No reason given. I ordered mine early after the post about it. How do they decide who isn't going to get it? Purposely didn't order two. Really disappointed as I wouldn't normally spend as much on a present but the purpose I bought it for has had a tough time lately.

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭kfrp

Got mine yesterday

Very nice tablet

Delivered with UPS

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 443 ✭✭ifeelstupid

Bought from Currys UK site using Address Pal and PayPal (wouldn't process it using Irish bank/Credit card). Notification today from Royal Mail that it has been delivered so presume its on the way with AP now.
    Thanks OP and to whoever posted about the Currys one!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭tphase

ordered mine Thursday, got it Saturday via UPS
    Thanks OP
    I see it's now €199.99, so €100 off (but only in black)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

Bought from Currys UK site using Address Pal and PayPal (wouldn't process it using Irish bank/Credit card). Notification today from Royal Mail that it has been delivered so presume its on the way with AP now.
    Thanks OP and to whoever posted about the Currys one!

Bet you don't feel stupid now :D

Mine is also en route using the same method.

Got a great deal with a ring pro, chime and echo spot for £149 recently using the same method.

• Registered Users Posts: 955 ✭✭✭site_owner

This tablet is on sale (not the plus version) at DID for 139 including the free speaker, picked up yesterday, great value

https://www.did.ie/lenovo-tab-4-10-1-16gb-tablet-black-za2j0033gb-za2j0033gb-prd

469063.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 955 ✭✭✭site_owner

Correct image

site_owner wrote: »
    This tablet is on sale (not the plus version) at DID for 139 including the free speaker, picked up yesterday, great value

https://www.did.ie/lenovo-tab-4-10-1-16gb-tablet-black-za2j0033gb-za2j0033gb-prd

469063.jpg

They seem to seriously be struggling to move those speakers. Good value if you're after a speaker. If you're after only a tablet, there's much better value/specs to be had.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,651 ✭✭✭✭beauf

Basil3 wrote: »
    ...If you're after only a tablet, there's much better value/specs to be had.

Can you give an example

beauf wrote: »
    Can you give an example

The Fire 10 has been regularly selling for £99-109 the last month or so. Full HD and 32GB. The one linked isn't full HD, and is only 16GB.

• Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭ilovetorun

Basil3 wrote: »
    The Fire 10 has been regularly selling for £99-109 the last month or so. Full HD and 32GB. The one linked isn't full HD, and is only 16GB.

I'm on the look out for a tablet, do you have a link for the fire 10 please?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,584 ✭✭✭Glebee

ilovetorun wrote: »
    I'm on the look out for a tablet, do you have a link for the fire 10 please?

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Amazon-Fire-HD-10-Tablet-With-Alexa-Hands-Free-1080P-Full-HD-Display-32-GB/dp/B01J6RPH46

Advertisement