Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards.ie Werewolf Wiki Page

Options
  • 02-12-2018 1:07pm
    Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 16,287 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I like the idea of a Wiki for us, so I've started one. I've no idea what I'm doing really, but if anyone else thinks it's a good idea we could build on the bones already down:

Home Page

Game Show page
    Post edited by Boards.ie: Mark on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,880 ✭✭✭MrsFlushdraw

quickbeam wrote: »
    I like the idea of a Wiki for us, so I've started one. I've no idea what I'm doing really, but if anyone else thinks it's a good idea we could build on the bones already down:

Home Page

Game Show page

Brilliant work QB!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

Necro are you still in touch with that Taiwanese chap who handles the gaa clubs wiki page?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,067 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Necro are you still in touch with that Taiwanese chap who handles the gaa clubs wiki page?

Nope. We agreed to differ :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,946 ✭✭✭duffman13

Necro wrote: »
    Nope. We agreed to differ :pac:

Hmm sounds like a story to be told :D

• Registered Users Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

quickbeam wrote: »

Home Page

Game Show page

It's looking great QB. Well done.

Presume we can all chip in to help filling it out?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,894 ✭✭✭Triceratops Ballet

Pter wrote: »
    It's looking great QB. Well done.

Presume we can all chip in to help filling it out?

I made some updates, if people want to add bios for themselves and others!

https://boardsie-werewolf.fandom.com/wiki/Boards.ie_WW_players?venotify=created

Gang im going to break the Wiki posts out into their own thread, which i think the topic deserves!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,067 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

I updated the Sopranos game but I think QB is going to have to give us all a few tips on how to set up the pages correctly :/

I threw up the player lists and roles and stuff for Star Trek, Buffy and Vanillarama II.

Updated Walking Dead with player lists, roles and the nights/days peeps were killed. That's me done for today I think.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 16,287 Mod ✭✭✭✭quickbeam

Necro wrote: »
    I updated the Sopranos game but I think QB is going to have to give us all a few tips on how to set up the pages correctly :/

No art to it. Only learning as I go along myself. Headings are given a Heading 2 format. For each game if we have Players, Game Mechanics, Highlights, and Trivia, plus the info box with the title, mods and result on it. That's the kind of thing I was going with. But it's our baby, not just mine, so whatever everyone else wants to contribute is great.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,359 ✭✭✭✭Kolido

Looks great QB, bit more tricky to edit than I expected. Wonder if we could add player number and an image option to the game info box, tried to edit it but no joy.

Edit: I managed to get the image there but still cant add another row for player no.

Kolido wrote: »
    Looks great QB, bit more tricky to edit than I expected. Wonder if we could add player number and an image option to the game info box, tried to edit it but no joy.

Edit: I managed to get the image there but still cant add another row for player no.

I saw your image - fantastic stuff.

Did you also manage to add a row? Looks like it's done.

I'd love to have a page for each of the players. Their game history, highlights, trivia, nicknames, etc.

Eg: Beakerjoe gives his name to the verb: "to beaker", eg, to make an outragous role claim.
    or: Necro gives his name to a very complex game type.

Maybe even stuff with gifs that players have popularised, eg, Murray and the Homer giving a finger gif; or Necro and his Chris Hemsworth gif.

I will burn the wiki to the ground if I see that gif there.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,894 ✭✭✭Triceratops Ballet

I'll do violence against Pter if he burns it to the ground... Chris Hemsworth GIfs were meant to be seen..... MOAR CHRIS HEMSWORTH

(lol when I type Chris my phone knows to suggest Hemsworth as the next word.!)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

I will burn the wiki to the ground if I see that gif there.

Made you a title page. Don't worry, it's a PNG

467539.png

• Registered Users Posts: 12,216 ✭✭✭✭TheValeyard

Awesome QB, well done :)

Fcuk Putin. Glory to Ukraine!

Site is coming along nicely now.

So far:

Star Trek
    Walking Dead
    Buffy
    One Night in Saipan (Live Game)
    Disney
    Back To The Future
    Father Ted
    Jurassic Park
    Stephen King
    Sherlock
    Vanillarama II
    Sopranos
    Game Show
    Vanilla is a Colour (Live Game)

Have all been updated. Lots more to do though!

*vanilla is a flavour

• Advertisement

*vanilla is a flavour

Feel free to edit :D (My post)

Nah it's ok CroCro

Nah it's ok CroCro

God damn QB... she put it in there didn't she :pac:

Kolido's done great work with the cool info boxes as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,359 ✭✭✭✭Kolido

Near impossible to edit on mobile unless Im missing a trick. Created my player page but just the info box filled in so far. Struggling to create a table on mobile.

Kolido wrote: »
    Near impossible to edit on mobile unless Im missing a trick. Created my player page but just the info box filled in so far. Struggling to create a table on mobile.

Haven't tried apart from small edits tbh. I've done all my tables on the laptop.

If anyone knows how to change my player page to quickbeam instead of Quickbeam I'd be eternally grateful. It seems to insist on page names being capitalised. As I'm q here, I don't want to be Q there.

Loving the work so far.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭sullivlo

Could you type Qquickbeam and backspace the Q?

Or put a space before the q

No, neither worked.

• Advertisement

It's times like these when I always default to my typical response - ask sKeith :pac:

Advertisement