Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Donald Trump presidency discussion thread V

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,297 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

Pelvis wrote: »
    Over a week ago (6th Dec) a 7 year old was taken into custody by border patrol agents, as part of a group of 163 people, incl her father.

8 hours later, she started having seizures, and within 24 hours she was dead. It appears it was caused by exhaustion/dehydration. It is not clear if she was given food or water when taken into custody.

This has come to light due to a story in the WAPO.

#MAGA

Nothing short of a ****ing disgrace.

Regardless of who is president - I would say the same whether it was Obama or Clinton or anyone else, heads should ****ing roll!

Wanderer78 wrote: »
    Disingenuous to say they don't care, as it seems like via some American commentators and media sources, many care a lot, and are deeply concerned

well if those that didn't vote got off their asses, perhaps there would be a more resounding rejection of Trump and his cronies.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,564 ✭✭✭✭Leroy42

TomOnBoard wrote: »
    Now, I'm gonna say this and I'm gonna be fcukin crucified....

Chris Cuomo has just had Kelly Anne Conway on his gig, and she's destroyed him!

Everything she said was objectionable... I saw not an ounce of honesty in anything she said....

However, I saw one of the most fluent and kick-ass performances by someone who was sent out to defend the indefensible... And she played Chris EVERY TIME, mostly with total bluster and B.S., but she owned him! And that's the first time I've seen Cuomo owned in a looooong time...

KAC is very good at what she does. Just as SHS is also very good.

But there are lots of people that are very good at what they do, its just what they do is not what is acceptable. It is very hard to have a debate, and win, with a person that simply ignores facts and or makes up their own.

Every time Chris, or any interviewer, tries to get somewhere they simply make up a lie or deflect. There is no debate so saying he got his ass kicked is nonsense.

He is trying to play the game (and that is what it is) by a certain set of rules whilst she is not. Imagine he just starting making up stuff. "Hey KAC, what about the time Trump molested the teenager? Can you categorically deny that he never touched a teenager? Or what about the time he called Oprah a stupid NI^^er? How can you stand by him after that".

When she tries to deny it it simply says she would say that and that she is an angry GOP and on the payroll for Trump. End of interview. A few days later he simply claims he misspoke about some of the things he said.

Because that is exactly the way Trump, KAC and SHS play this. But it is everyone else that is fake news.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,071 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

everlast75 wrote:
    well if those that didn't vote got off their asses, perhaps there would be a more resounding rejection of Trump and his cronies.

Some people have completely given up on the political process, and it's understandable so, many realising their vote is almost meaningful, Joe Stiglitz is spot on, the American political system is a 'one dollar, one vote' system

https://twitter.com/gtconway3d/status/1073414681790951428

I cannot tell if George is auditioning for office, or a divorce

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 789 ✭✭✭phater phagan

everlast75 wrote: »

I'd guess that the marriage is toast.

IMO, it just proves that KAC is simply doing a job. She no more believes in Trump that I do, but this is a well paying gig and gives her incredible spotlight and access.

Like all those that did PR for cig companies for years, or the lawyers that represented them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭jooksavage

batgoat wrote: »
    In addition to that Kushner is being considered for the chief of staff job...

Kushner is almost certainly going to get indicted along with Don Jr., Erik Prince, Roget Stone, etc. At this point you have to wonder how it can get any more pathetic. I suppose he could give the job to Eric...

Leroy42 wrote: »
    IMO, it just proves that KAC is simply doing a job. She no more believes in Trump that I do, but this is a well paying gig and gives her incredible spotlight and access.

Like all those that did PR for cig companies for years, or the lawyers that represented them.

That's my reading of it too. That's actually worse though. It's one thing to be a Trumpist with genuinely held, if f***ed-up beliefs. But to have no moral compass at all makes her an out and out sociopath. I wonder if there'll be a Thank You For Smoking-style adaption of her story at some point.

jooksavage wrote: »
    That's my reading of it too. That's actually worse though. It's one thing to be a Trumpist with genuinely held, if f***ed-up beliefs. But to have no moral compass at all makes her an out and out sociopath. I wonder if there'll be a Thank You For Smoking-style adaption of her story at some point.

I agree. I think she sees it as the ultimate PR exercise. Getting someone like Trump elected. particularly given when she took over, is actually quite a feat. Think of it like the bet in Trading Places. Simply doing it to show it can be done rather than any higher calling.

If you were a high profile person who got into trouble, KAC would be one of the first people I would look to to be the face of my PR.

SHS is different (totally my opinion based on nothing more than what i see on the TV). I actually believe that she believes in Trump, believes that he is serving a higher power and that anything he does wrong is simply the price for the overall good he is doing. Her defence of him is down to not wanting the heathens and immoral to destroy it and tear it down with their questions and facts.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,525 ✭✭✭kilns

Fox reporting Chris Christie meet with Trump to be next Chief of Staff

kilns wrote: »
    Fox reporting Chris Christie meet with Trump to be next Chief of Staff

to be fair - there is rampant speculation.

Kushner as mentioned above was rumoured to be next.

My favourite person on the entire earth, Newt Gingrich also met with Trump and was touted.

"Only the best people" folks.

What a complete joke of an administration.

The very fact that he announced that Kelly was leaving prior to having anybody actually lined up.

Remember, Trump struggled to get lawyers to represent him and 'ended up' with Giuliani. He will 'end up' with a new CoS.

Obviously there is always those that won't work for certain people, but to have such high profile jobs having to be trawled for is certainly an embarrassment.

It wouldnt even surprise me that he would announce his doesnt need a COS and can do it himself, just to save face for not getting anyone competent to do the role

• Registered Users Posts: 7,931 ✭✭✭Christy42

Christy42 wrote:
    They have been played, their, usual allies have been made hostile, they are becoming more dependent on foreign dictators and they don't even care.

Disingenuous to say they don't care, as it seems like via some American commentators and media sources, many care a lot, and are deeply concerned
    Maybe more to say that minds don't seem to have been changed.

Many do care you say but they largely cared from the start. His popularity was low nearly from the very start and hasn't changed much despite everything that has happened

It was quite funny in his sit down interview with Fox last night that he complained FOX always give bad opinion poll results on him

• Registered Users Posts: 37,965 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

kilns wrote:
    It was quite funny in his sit down interview with Fox last night that he complained FOX always give bad opinion poll results on him
    Do you not see what he is at there? It's an attempt to legitimise Fox news as a fair, unbiased news channel.

eagle eye wrote: »
    Do you not see what he is at there? It's an attempt to legitimise Fox news as a fair, unbiased news channel.

exactly but even Fox news cant manipulate a poll that gives him over 50% approval

Christy42 wrote: »

Many do care you say but they largely cared from the start. His popularity was low nearly from the very start and hasn't changed much despite everything that has happened

so does the opinion of many truly make much difference within this political system?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,931 ✭✭✭Christy42

so does the opinion of many truly make much difference within this political system?
    A bit. They showed it during the midterms and it may be enough in 2020. The issue is that 2020 will likely be a close run affair which it should not be.

• Advertisement

A bit. They showed it during the midterms and it may be enough in 2020. The issue is that 2020 will likely be a close run affair which it should not be.

you could be right, time will tell, im still convinced he ll get a second term though

you could be right, time will tell, im still convinced he ll get a second term though

It wouldn't surprise me. Alistair Campbell ( Blair's PR guy) interviewed Ed Miliband for GQ magazine recently, and in it Campbell said he believes that Trump will be re-elected.

It wouldn't surprise me. Alistair Campbell ( Blair's PR guy) interviewed Ed Miliband for GQ magazine recently, and in it Campbell said he believes that Trump will be re-elected.

yup, i can see it happening, we is in trouble

• Registered Users Posts: 11,347 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

Of course he could. All depends on three states really Pennsylvania, Michigan and Wisconsin.

A Democrat candidate is not winning the south, plains etc and Florida while it will be close went Republican in the November elections. Georgia, Texas, Arizona are unlikely to go blue in 2020 state-wide

So probably looking at that before a vote is counted. The Dems can win by obviously winning Pennsylvania, Michigan and Wisconsin but they have to win them all and they did win all six governor and Senate elections in those states last month.

IMG-20181214-112443-248.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

Nothing short of a ****ing disgrace.

Regardless of who is president - I would say the same whether it was Obama or Clinton or anyone else, heads should ****ing roll!

At the very least, a normal administration would find a scapegoat.

Trump's doesn't even bother because their base don't care about dying children so long as they're brown, or were killed by a white person in a school with a gun.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,351 ✭✭✭✭8-10

rossie1977 wrote: »
    Of course he could. All depends on three states really Pennsylvania, Michigan and Wisconsin.

A Democrat candidate is not winning the south, plains etc and Florida while it will be close went Republican in the November elections. Georgia, Texas, Arizona are unlikely to go blue in 2020 state-wide

So probably looking at that before a vote is counted. The Dems can win by obviously winning Pennsylvania, Michigan and Wisconsin but they have to win them all and they did win all six governor and Senate elections in those states last month.

Beto running might take Texas into play. It's a long shot as no Dem has won Texas since Jimmy Carter but Beto v a non-Texan in Trump would be interesting.

Gbear wrote: »
    At the very least, a normal administration would find a scapegoat.

Trump's doesn't even bother because their base don't care about dying children so long as they're brown, or were killed by a white person in a school with a gun.

That poor little girl - what a horrible way for a little innocent to die; it is an indictment of the border guards, ICE and the paranoid Trump people. It is just despicable.
    The US government paid a private agency $13.5 million to hire border guards - a crooked entity ( the agency), as they just hired 2 people in the two years of the contract.
    The fact that they only hired 2 guards is a good thing as far as I'm concerned, but it shows how rotten the state of corruption and greed is openly being flaunted under Trump's presidency. He thinks that he is untouchable.

rossie1977 wrote: »

The problem was Hillary as a candidate could not connect with those states, she was seen as an establishment elite from New York who would do nothing for them. When they pick the next candidate they need to focus on who will win in those states, if they pick another Clinton type candidate (i.e. Warren) Trump could win again. I would be in favour of Beto but it would be a big jump up for him and unlikely the Dems would like someone jumping the queue like that, if was up for it a Biden/Beto ticket would be fantastic but again the Dems would never field two white males on the ticket

kilns wrote: »
    The problem was Hillary as a candidate could not connect with those states, she was seen as an establishment elite from New York who would do nothing for them. When they pick the next candidate they need to focus on who will win in those states, if they pick another Clinton type candidate (i.e. Warren) Trump could win again. I would be in favour of Beto but it would be a big jump up for him and unlikely the Dems would like someone jumping the queue like that, if was up for it a Biden/Beto ticket would be fantastic but again the Dems would never field two white males on the ticket

I agree something like a Biden/Beto ticket would have a great chance. When I hear the likes of Elizabeth Warren or Bernie Sanders I shudder. Nothing against them personally - I think they're both fine politicians and people. But they're lightning rods for the worst kind of anti-Democrat sentiment and they're not going to win over Trump voters.

I think Gillum and Abrams and those other progressives will get their shot down the line but as much as I hate to say it, I think the Dems need to play it safe this time around. If it takes 2 white men to get Trump out of the Oval Office, then so be it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,531 ✭✭✭thecretinhop

thought so. 2 forensic accountants said the clinton foundation used up to 60pc of funds for admin. normal rate 15pc.
    also between 400m and 2.5 billion dollars could have been illegally gained. (yesterday)

second the payments violation for trump is very weak the dnc and obama had record fines hmm not so important then.

third, which is it lads. it has gone from treason to a totally different topic do you not thing muller has been outrageous with his scope?

well done getting 41 likes well done well done! it is salient to talk about hillary and obama for that matter as this boards are constantly on about trumps character.

i think trumps approval rating is good considering its literally 24/7 rabid press after him. its quite funny too in here there is never anything about any positives..

i find any one who tries to argue in this forum gets ran out of it. i have loads more to say but not really bothered as well.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement