Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Donald Trump presidency discussion thread V

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,513 ✭✭✭thecretinhop

i wonder did the legion of hillary supporters here watch the congressional hearing on the cf?? mmm dont think so.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,183 ✭✭✭✭Water John

Trump Inauguration Committee under investigation.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,650 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

i wonder did the legion of hillary supporters here watch the congressional hearing on the cf?? mmm dont think so.

Im not a Hilary supporter but the ones a couple of years ago ? No I didn't watch them in full. They found nothing as far as I recall.

Water John wrote: »

I mean why not ?

NBC News has confirmed that Trump was in the room when Cohen and pecker were discussing the hush money payments.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,074 ✭✭✭relax carry on

What is the obsession with Hillary Clinton? Trump is a terrible human being who shouldn't be in charge of a lemonade stand. Wanting to see him take responsibility for his actions and be brought to account for them doesn't automatically make you a supporter of Hillary Clinton. It just makes you a normal functioning human being.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,758 ✭✭✭Pelvis

That one's long overdue. All sorts of dodgy dealings going on with that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,423 ✭✭✭batgoat

In addition to that Kushner is being considered for the chief of staff job...

• Registered Users Posts: 37,796 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Nothing will come of any of this stuff. Trump has turned this presidency into a cross between reality TV and a soap opera.
    The people don't really care. The only people who care are the media and a few politicians and of course social media goons.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,734 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

Sorry for making it sound a big deal but the POTUS actually blatantly lied to the American people.
    Stood in the plane, saying he knew nothing of it. It is a resigning matter.

In any western democracy, yes, for sure. In Trump's America they'll probably have to drag him out in handcuffs.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,183 ✭✭✭✭Water John

The defence line, the people don't care', has been totally discredited by the Mid Term Elections.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,337 ✭✭✭✭prawnsambo

I read this and actually checked to see was I mistakenly on an old thread. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,342 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

eagle eye wrote: »
    Nothing will come of any of this stuff. Trump has turned this presidency into a cross between reality TV and a soap opera.
    The people don't really care. The only people who care are the media and a few politicians and of course social media goons.

Considering the Republicans lost about 400 house, legislative and governor seats in November elections despite Dow being record high and unemployment very low it's clear people care.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,522 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

Did she become president in the last few hours or change her name to Donald Trump?

Because if not, why would you expect it to be discussed here?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,883 ✭✭✭Christy42

The defence line, the people don't care', has been totally discredited by the Mid Term Elections.
    I am not so sure it is a defense as an insult to Americans saying they don't mind the core precepts their country was built on being taken for a ride as well as their money.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,143 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

• Registered Users Posts: 5,109 ✭✭✭TomOnBoard

Now, I'm gonna say this and I'm gonna be fcukin crucified....

Chris Cuomo has just had Kelly Anne Conway on his gig, and she's destroyed him!

Everything she said was objectionable... I saw not an ounce of honesty in anything she said....

However, I saw one of the most fluent and kick-ass performances by someone who was sent out to defend the indefensible... And she played Chris EVERY TIME, mostly with total bluster and B.S., but she owned him! And that's the first time I've seen Cuomo owned in a looooong time...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,109 ✭✭✭TomOnBoard

She has to be getting a million a week for those performances....

• Registered Users Posts: 4,165 ✭✭✭Captain Obvious

TomOnBoard wrote: »

Everything she said was objectionable... I saw not an ounce of honesty in anything she said....

However, I saw one of the most fluent and kick-ass performances by someone who was sent out to defend the indefensible... And she played Chris EVERY TIME, mostly with total bluster and B.S., but she owned him! And that's the first time I've seen Cuomo owned in a looooong time...

It's the same every time I've seen her on his show. It's like he's afraid to call her out in case she walks out.

TomOnBoard wrote: »

Wouldn't argue with you at all.

I don't happen to rate him. From what I've seen he plays the macho card and frankly, having a discussion degenerate into a shouting match is exactly what the likes of her want. Then they can use false equivalency then.

I've said it on here countless times before - every single word out of your mouth needs to be backed up by mutiple quotes and dates. Facts are stubborn things. Don't let them deviate, or use whataboutery.

Either do that or don't let them on your show and allow them spout BS unchecked.

• Advertisement

rossie1977 wrote:
    Considering the Republicans lost about 400 house, legislative and governor seats in November elections despite Dow being record high and unemployment very low it's clear people care.
    How did Obama's midterms go?
    The last President to have positive midterms was George W Bush post 9/11 in 2002.

How did Obama's midterms go?
    The last President to have positive midterms was George W Bush post 9/11 in 2002.

And the last president to lose as bad in the midterms was........

Oh.

Actually - no one.

Record breaker once more I suppose

• Registered Users Posts: 8,476 ✭✭✭spacecoyote

everlast75 wrote: »

Oh.

Actually - no one.

Record breaker once more I suppose

Well I guess that does play along with his rhetoric...

MOST.LOSINGEST.EVER

Go big or go home as they say.

I think I did read somewhere that it was the largest ever loss by a party in a mid-term, certainly the largest since some time around Nixon?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,949 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

I think I did read somewhere that it was the largest ever loss by a party in a mid-term, certainly the largest since some time around Nixon?

Don't under estimate the Don, don't be surprised of a reelection

everlast75 wrote:
    Obama 2010.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,758 ✭✭✭Pelvis

Over a week ago (6th Dec) a 7 year old was taken into custody by border patrol agents, as part of a group of 163 people, incl her father.

8 hours later, she started having seizures, and within 24 hours she was dead. It appears it was caused by exhaustion/dehydration. It is not clear if she was given food or water when taken into custody.

This has come to light due to a story in the WAPO.

#MAGA

• Registered Users Posts: 7,883 ✭✭✭Christy42

Honestly those who say that Americans don't care may have a point. At least those who care now seem to be the same as who cared at the start. He is still hovering around -10% net popularity and has been for some time.

Given the corruption on show (a trait they supposedly disliked in Clinton) and the sheer number of lies they have been told in this regime it paints a damning picture of US citizens.

They have been played, their, usual allies have been made hostile, they are becoming more dependent on foreign dictators and they don't even care.

Obama 2010.

So this is BS then?

https://eu.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/2018/11/21/democrats-won-house-midterms-largest-margin-since-watergate/2084052002/

"WASHINGTON - Democrats won the popular vote in the House by the largest margins since the Watergate scandal and resignation of Republican President Richard Nixon, according to an analysis by NBC News.

The analysis found Democrats led Republicans in House races by a whopping 8.6 million votes in this year's midterms. NBC News reports that number is the largest margin that Democrats have defeated Republicans in a midterm House election since 1974.

That midterm race, shortly after Nixon resigned, allowed Democrats to win the popular vote by 8.7 million votes, NBC reported. "

• Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭phater phagan

What is the obsession with Hillary Clinton? Trump is a terrible human being who shouldn't be in charge of a lemonade stand. Wanting to see him take responsibility for his actions and be brought to account for them doesn't automatically make you a supporter of Hillary Clinton. It just makes you a normal functioning human being.

It's all part of the "look over there" distractions being used by some Republicans. Whenever a question about the corruption and falsehoods of the crooked politicians is asked of the Republicans by the media, they always respond with "what about Hillary, Bill, Obama, the "disease ridden" migrant caravan, Mexican drug lords blah blah blah." Turning the question away from the subject being asked. Trump started it all and it worked for him with gullible electorates, and cute hoor politicians now have also adopted it . There is only one slogan that might now apply to the man in the White House - Lock him up!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,949 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

Christy42 wrote:
    They have been played, their, usual allies have been made hostile, they are becoming more dependent on foreign dictators and they don't even care.

Disingenuous to say they don't care, as it seems like via some American commentators and media sources, many care a lot, and are deeply concerned

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement