Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Philips HD9650/99 Viva Collection Airfryer XXL

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 48,132 ✭✭✭✭km79

dodzy wrote: »
    Food poison city. No way you're doing a full chicken in that time. Nearer the hour in the XL any time I've done them. And they are perfect at that.

Yep we did one for 60 mins last week

Delicious

• Registered Users Posts: 449 ✭✭Pixied

Great, thanks ðŸ‘

So it’s 1 hour at 200C.

• Registered Users Posts: 826 ✭✭✭autumnalcore

OmegaGene wrote: »
    A whole chicken comes in different sizes I have a 1kg in the fridge and a 1.8kg

1 -1.2kg chicken at 180 for around 40 minutes and then 10 minutes at 200 comes out spot on for me

Do you leave it out of the fridge for long before sticking it in?

OmegaGene wrote: »
    A whole chicken comes in different sizes I have a 1kg in the fridge and a 1.8kg

1 -1.2kg chicken at 180 for around 40 minutes and then 10 minutes at 200 comes out spot on for me

1.8kg wouldn't fit in it....... Our chicken was 1.4kg so an hour for that

• Registered Users Posts: 7,836 ✭✭✭Rows Grower

Do you leave it out of the fridge for long before sticking it in?

All meat should be at room temperature before cooking.

So for a chicken about one to two hours out of the fridge before cooking.

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Donald Trump, March 13th 2018.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,407 ✭✭✭monkeybutter

All meat should be at room temperature before cooking.

So for a chicken about one to two hours out of the fridge before cooking.

who is going to wait 2 hours on that

• Registered Users Posts: 7,836 ✭✭✭Rows Grower

who is going to wait 2 hours on that

You don't have to put the rest of your life on hold, you can do other stuff in the meanwhile.

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Donald Trump, March 13th 2018.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

I did a 1.4 kg chicken recently and took it out at 50 mins as the skin was well crispy but it needed longer inside, any advice on how to without burning the outside? I turned once during cooking too.

sweetie wrote: »
    I did a 1.4 kg chicken recently and took it out at 50 mins as the skin was well crispy but it needed longer inside, any advice on how to without burning the outside? I turned once during cooking too.

Do it at 180 for 10 mins longer ?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,927 ✭✭✭dodzy

sweetie wrote: »
    Were you at 200C for the duration ? As km suggests, drop the temp, and increase the cooking time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 508 ✭✭✭Block (8

My Airfryer just arrived, expecting it to be a bit bigger tbh but can’t complain. Would be a very tight fit for roasting a whole chicken.

I have the regular sized Airfryer and found the power cable to be on the short side and it seems like they kept the same length with the xxl

Does anyone know if the extra star plate thingy to separate the oil when cooking is useful or is better to leave it in the box and being just another item to wash?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Mine arrived now, the thing is huge. I've never used one before so looking forward to it, although it's be tofu over chicken for me so I have no reason to get a huge one, it was just so cheap compared to normal, that I did, why not. Time to research some recipes!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

What's the best option for somebody that missed this deal currently? Smaller size is ok. My father would love one.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,330 ✭✭✭lolie

Has anyone who bought it had they're order canceled after dispatch?
    Mine said dispatched last week and nothing since until this morning when i got an email to said it was returned and i would be getting a refund.
    Had the same thing happen 2 years ago when i ordered the XL fryer. Bloody annoying.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,077 ✭✭✭cfeeneyinterior

lolie wrote: »
    Has anyone who bought it had they're order canceled after dispatch?
    Mine said dispatched last week and nothing since until this morning when i got an email to said it was returned and i would be getting a refund.
    Had the same thing happen 2 years ago when i ordered the XL fryer. Bloody annoying.
    I ordered 2 on 2 different accounts. They didn't deliver yesterday when they we're supposed to and got in to chat who asked if I wanted a refund... I said no. Anyways both came today. What does the tracking info say? Mine was out for delivery yesterday and then a message saying to contact Amazon as The courier couldnt get access to the address. Never had that before. Nightline delivered today x2 though. Had bad feelings after yesterday

I ordered 2 on 2 different accounts. They didn't deliver yesterday when they we're supposed to and got in to chat who asked if I wanted a refund... I said no. Anyways both came today. What does the tracking info say? Mine was out for delivery yesterday and then a message saying to contact Amazon as The courier couldnt get access to the address. Never had that before. Nightline delivered today x2 though. Had bad feelings after yesterday

Got an email on Friday saying it was dispatched but looking at the tracking number on Amazon it says 'Label created, Order processed - ready for UPS' yesterday at 1.54pm and nothing else.

Got an email at 7am this morning with 'the package was returned to us by the carrier. We've issued your refund'.

I had no joy with contacting customer care two years ago so i don't expect much joy this time either.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

lolie wrote:
    I had no joy with contacting customer care two years ago so i don't expect much joy this time either.

Just get on to them via chat and firmly demand they resend it.

What's the best option for somebody that missed this deal currently? Smaller size is ok. My father would love one.

We use both constantly. Smaller one is excellent but obviously won’t be ideal for a family if they all want to eat out of it. Your call, but still a great device. Go digital over dial if you can get a good deal.

Got an email on Friday saying it was dispatched but looking at the tracking number on Amazon it says 'Label created, Order processed - ready for UPS' yesterday at 1.54pm and nothing else.

Got an email at 7am this morning with 'the package was returned to us by the carrier. We've issued your refund'.

Amazon? CS simply cannot be beaten. They are the best by far at what they do. One call would sort this and you’d have a replacement priority shipped for free after that call.

dodzy wrote: »
    Amazon? CS simply cannot be beaten. They are the best by far at what they do. One call would sort this and you’d have a replacement priority shipped for free after that call.

One call to who?
    Amazon cs?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

Any of you guys end up with a spare one that's surplus to requirements?

I'd gladly take one of your hands.

Anyone familiar with the forum will see I do regularly offer likewise favours when/if I can.

I'll collect or organise courier (if your miles away) can pay paypal/revolut or cash.

Gutted I missed this.

Tried it for the first time last night, roast potatoes, excellent and much faster!
    One call to who?
    Amazon cs?

Yeah, give them a try, they'll help you if they can.

One call to who?
    Amazon cs?

Same thing happened me last summer. Told me it was out of stock. Would be coming back in at some point but at original price. I insisted I get it at the sale price and I did a week later even though it had gone back up

Get onto them via the chat function and do not take no for an answer

Advertisement