Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Philips HD9650/99 Viva Collection Airfryer XXL

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭stevegrace

Ryath wrote: »
    Ordered at 00:33, money was taken Wednesday dispatched yesterday and it just landed here at the house 10 minutes ago! Fastest I've ever got anything from amazon I think.

Not sure if I even need it but a everyone here raves about a them. May get rid of my bread-maker if I keep it to have room in my utility. Just got a kenwood chef so don't really need the breadmaker any more.

I'll think it over tempted to just try it out this evening but know I could still flip it for what I paid. It will take pressure of my oven though which may be on it's last legs and save it just for baking and pizzas. It's been on blink for a long time cuts out occasionally but works 90% plus of the time fine. Won't replace that till it actually dies though.

Is it that much better and faster than an oven?

Also interested if you decide to move it on

• Registered Users Posts: 3,375 ✭✭✭Ryath

Sorry guys it ain't going anywhere! :D

I've never managed to do tandoori chicken pieces this well or quick in the oven or under the grill!

467705.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭ms34

Didn't think this would go through for me as no money was taken till this afternoon and delivery confirmed for Tuesday. Thanks OP

• Registered Users Posts: 9,927 ✭✭✭dodzy

Ryath wrote: »
    Sorry guys it ain't going anywhere! :D

I've never managed to do tandoori chicken pieces this well or quick in the oven or under the grill!

467705.jpg

I remember when the baskets in my ones used to look like that......

Not any more :(

That said, and as you have and will continue to realise, this will become your 'go to' cooking appliance. The oven will end up doing a lot less work. Just make a concerted effort to clean after every use. If you leave it overnight, the crap becomes very hard to remove. And as you've also copped, til foil moulded to the bottom vanes will greatly assist with the cleanup.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,171 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

dodzy wrote: »
    I remember when the baskets in my ones used to look like that......

Not any more :(

That said, and as you have and will continue to realise, this will become your 'go to' cooking appliance. The oven will end up doing a lot less work. Just make a concerted effort to clean after every use. If you leave it overnight, the crap becomes very hard to remove. And as you've also copped, til foil moulded to the bottom vanes will greatly assist with the cleanup.

Has anyone tried that oven pride stuff on the basket? I'm going to be giving my XL away now I am getting the XXL and I have a box of that stuff under the sink so I might give it a go and see how it does. If it's crap or ruins it I'll buy a new basket.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 48,132 ✭✭✭✭km79

I still can not believe ye got it for that price
    Up there with the best bargain alert ever imo
    Can't believe I missed it :(

I will now spend the next year waiting and watching.......

• Registered Users Posts: 505 ✭✭✭AH92

Got my dispatch date today for this Wednesday, Thanks again OP!!!!

UPS delivered mine an hour ago! Serious bargain that rivals my OLED one last year. Thanks again OP for posting it.

• Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭redmissb

Mine just arrived too!

• Registered Users Posts: 508 ✭✭✭Block (8

Just received my dispatch email for Wednesday as well.

My order confirmation was at 1.23am if anyone is still waiting but looks hopeful if someone has ordered it will be fulfilled.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭Slevster

Same. Got the dispatch mail. For delivery Wednesday. (order at 00:35 on the night, payment taken on 07th and received mail this morning)

Great deal. Thanks again OP. Happy Christmas.!!!

OmegaGene wrote: »
    How much bigger is it roughly compared to the xl ? 20% ??

Here's a visual comparison of the XL & XXL.
    https://youtu.be/hWrJkWjPNdA?t=142

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

OmegaGene wrote:
    How much bigger is it roughly compared to the xl ? 20% ??

1.2 kg v 1.4kg so not a 50% increase like the regular to xl.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,946 ✭✭✭duffman13

Is the XL one supposed to make a noise? Ours is silent but everyone online seems to reference the noise being an issue. Ours doesn't even make a fan noise which seems strange

OmegaGene wrote: »
    Compared to the regular one it makes a noise yes

Thanks, I think mines not working correctly. It's not making any noise at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,869 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Well is it blowing hot air over the food? Is food cooking?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,869 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Oat23 wrote: »
    Here's a visual comparison of the XL & XXL.
    https://youtu.be/hWrJkWjPNdA?t=142
    Zero difference! I had a completely different picture of them in my head tbh.

Anyway Im still using my original one from back in the day, still works as well as the day I got it but the basket is a bit nasty now...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,836 ✭✭✭Rows Grower

duffman13 wrote: »
    Thanks, I think mines not working correctly. It's not making any noise at all.

I used to think that too about my TV, the kids got me a soundbar for my birthday.

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Donald Trump, March 13th 2018.

Thargor wrote: »
    Well is it blowing hot air over the food? Is food cooking?

It's heating but not cooking evenly so I'm thinking the fan is faulty.

Thargor wrote: »
    Zero difference! I had a completely different picture of them in my head tbh.

Anyway Im still using my original one from back in the day, still works as well as the day I got it but the basket is a bit nasty now...

https://www.philips.co.uk/c-p/CP9674_01/large-airfryer-basket

• Advertisement

Oat23 wrote: »
    Has anyone tried that oven pride stuff on the basket? I'm going to be giving my XL away now I am getting the XXL and I have a box of that stuff under the sink so I might give it a go and see how it does. If it's crap or ruins it I'll buy a new basket.

Tried this overnight.

Did a great job taking everything off including the paint! Going to order a replacement from Philips.

This is for the XL just in case anyone accidentally orders it for their regular sized one. The regular sized basket is also on there for around €20.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭djdunny

OP thanks once again for spotting this. Just took delivery of mine.

• Registered Users Posts: 449 ✭✭Pixied

Does anyone know what temperature and time to cook a whole chicken at?

Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭audi02

Also took delivery today great bargain still can't believe we got it for that price. Thanks again OP

Pixied wrote: »
    Does anyone know what temperature and time to cook a whole chicken at?

Thanks!

35 minutes at 200 degrees.

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

• Registered Users Posts: 1,077 ✭✭✭cfeeneyinterior

That all? Happy days ..

Food poison city. No way you're doing a full chicken in that time. Nearer the hour in the XL any time I've done them. And they are perfect at that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,077 ✭✭✭cfeeneyinterior

Makes more sense alright.... Still waiting for mine. UPS weren't arsed today to deliver. I delivery since 8.00 this morning

• Advertisement

Food poison city. No way you're doing a full chicken in that time. Nearer the hour in the XL any time I've done them. And they are perfect at that.

Okeydokey dodzy.

Advertisement