Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Beretta dt10

Options
  • 01-12-2018 4:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭

Anyone shooting the above. How do you think they fair against the newer dt11, browning pro sport, blaser f3, perazzi mx8/mx2000.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭gunny123

Anyone shooting the above. How do you think they fair against the newer dt11, browning pro sport, blaser f3, perazzi mx8/mx2000.

A lad i know bought one about a year ago and he loves it. He shoots very well with it too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭Gorgeousgeorge

gunny123 wrote: »
    A lad i know bought one about a year ago and he loves it. He shoots very well with it too.

Bought one myself recently and after purchasing wondered should i have branched out to sonething different you know yourself

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭gunny123

Bought one myself recently and after purchasing wondered should i have branched out to sonething different you know yourself

I doubt it, its a top of the line gun as it is. If it suits you, fits you, then its there is not much better.

gunny123 wrote: »
    I doubt it, its a top of the line gun as it is. If it suits you, fits you, then its there is not much better.

Thanks the lop is a bit long for me so getting it chopped and fitted next weekend

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,450 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

Didn't buy one, but was looking at one a couple of years back., Had the money and was going to treat myself. However i went to the RFD, and when i got a chance to shoulder it, and get a good try of it, i found myself wanting.

First off the LOP was not right. Don't know exactly what it was but it was just not comfortable. The foreend was rounded and for grip/feel i prefer beaver tail. The timber itself while good quality was a light brown and looked cheap. I found myself, and it's one of the only Berettas i had this with, where the sight picture was poor. I found myself down the side of the rib like i do with a Browning.

The majority of my "complaints" were aesthetics, and had i patience i could have ordered a new one with everything i wanted, but on the wall beside the DT10 was a 682 Gold E Sporting, 32" with extended chokes, dark walnut stock, adjustable cheek riser, and Beaver tail fore end. Once i had it to my shoulder i knew it was the gun for me. Wasn't qs dear as the DT10, but when you think of the name branding of the DT10, the 682 wasn't all that cheap either.

So i'm not running down the DT10, but it shows that expensive does not necessarily mean best suited.
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

• Advertisement

Cass wrote: »
    Didn't buy one, but was looking at one a couple of years back., Had the money and was going to treat myself. However i went to the RFD, and when i got a chance to shoulder it, and get a good try of it, i found myself wanting.

First off the LOP was not right. Don't know exactly what it was but it was just not comfortable. The foreend was rounded and for grip/feel i prefer beaver tail. The timber itself while good quality was a light brown and looked cheap. I found myself, and it's one of the only Berettas i had this with, where the sight picture was poor. I found myself down the side of the rib like i do with a Browning.

The majority of my "complaints" were aesthetics, and had i patience i could have ordered a new one with everything i wanted, but on the wall beside the DT10 was a 682 Gold E Sporting, 32" with extended chokes, dark walnut stock, adjustable cheek riser, and Beaver tail fore end. Once i had it to my shoulder i knew it was the gun for me. Wasn't qs dear as the DT10, but when you think of the name branding of the DT10, the 682 wasn't all that cheap either.

So i'm not running down the DT10, but it shows that expensive does not necessarily mean best suited.

682 is a fantastic gun. Had one of the older "wide" receiver models before.

Always wanted a dt10 and il do next season as i wont loose any money on it. But your right my head is still being turned by offerings from perazzi blaser and krieghoff even though this is/was my number one choice and i viewed 4 before i settled on this one

• Registered Users Posts: 1,248 ✭✭✭.243

i had a dt10 and the browning,im now running on a blaser f3,im sorry i didnt change years ago,one of the biggest changes i had to make was slowing my swing down on crossers as i was needing to push the weight,my other advantage on the blaser is the top lever opens to the left for us left handers,
    my personal view if you find a dt10 and it fits buy it,they are holding their value for a reason,buying the newer model wont make you hit clays any better,
    and if you are spending that type of cash look to northern ireland and the u.k for better value,
    i ended up buying my blaser f3 in cornwall,because i couldnt get a left hand one here and for what i was quoted i saved over 1k,
    for the time and cost of a cpl of ryanair flights to the u.k in a day you'd spend on petrol running around this country

Advertisement